Senators Call for the Grounding of the 737 MAX

They recovered the flight data recorder two days ago. How long does it take to analyze it? It's odd that the two crashes of two brand new aircraft of the same model almost mirrored each other in how they occurred. It's either a big coincidence or a big problem.

Reactions: Matt2496
They recovered the flight data recorder two days ago. How long does it take to analyze it? It's odd that the two crashes of two brand new aircraft of the same model almost mirrored each other in how they occurred. It's either a big coincidence or a big problem.

Yep. IMHO, Boeing and the FAA should ground the plane until they can figure out what's going on. Why they are continuing to let it fly is beyond me.

My thoughts are, this is none of the Senates or Senators damn business.
This. This decision rests with the FAA and NTSB. They’re actually fairly decent at their job most of the time. Just let them do it.

From what I heard earlier the problem could be that there is a new anti-stall system in this plane. If the computer receives faulty data and thinks the plane is about to stall, it forces the nose down to pick up speed and avoid the stall. There is a way to disengage it, but the suspicion is that some of these airlines have not trained their pilots correctly and they get surprised when suddenly the computer sends them into a nose-down dive that they cannot seem to recover from.

As I say, speculation but the sources seemed to know what they are talking about.

From what I heard earlier the problem could be that there is a new anti-stall system in this plane. If the computer receives faulty data and thinks the plane is about to stall, it forces the nose down to pick up speed and avoid the stall. There is a way to disengage it, but the suspicion is that some of these airlines have not trained their pilots correctly and they get surprised when suddenly the computer sends them into a nose-down dive that they cannot seem to recover from.

As I say, speculation but the sources seemed to know what they are talking about.

From what I read theses pilots were fully trained on the new system since they knew the pilots on the Indonesian flight weren't completely familiar with it. Who knows? I've been concerned every time I ever boarded a foreign airline.

The trim is causing a computer problem and when the pilots go to correct it, it causes a seesaw effect. The engines are so powerful Boeing seen this problem and had to make adjustments. Pilots here have been fully trained on the problem, other countries not so much.

The second in command there needs 200 hours.

The second in command in the US needs 1500 hours.

My thoughts are, this is none of the Senates or Senators damn business.
Now wait a minute. Their business is to get elected. For this they need exposure. They must create fear so they can create job security since they are just the people who can make the skies safe again. Hauling people in for congressional testimony is great theater and priceless PR. Speeches are given. Business owners are lectured. Drama ensues as different sides of the isle make inflammatory statements towards each other. And at the end all that remains is the BS left behind.

This is basically the plot to Airframe.

Now wait a minute. Their business is to get elected. For this they need exposure. They must create fear so they can create job security since they are just the people who can make the skies safe again. Hauling people in for congressional testimony is great theater and priceless PR. Speeches are given. Business owners are lectured. Drama ensues as different sides of the isle make inflammatory statements towards each other. And at the end all that remains is the BS left behind.
How Luther of me to ignore the big picture.

The trim is causing a computer problem and when the pilots go to correct it, it causes a seesaw effect. The engines are so powerful Boeing seen this problem and had to make adjustments. Pilots here have been fully trained on the problem, other countries not so much.
That’s interesting
The second in command there needs 200 hours.

The second in command in the US needs 1500 hours.

Well we haven’t had a good sports steroid issue in a while. What do you want them to do?

Reactions: McDad
The plane has THOUSANDS of flight hours. The Ethiopian pilot had 250 on that airframe. Think about that. A kid has more time behind the wheel of a car with a learners permit than this dude had as a pilot of that plane.

Another thing everyone must consider which oddly is being left out of the news is that these countries maintenance programs are 100% sh!t. Their training programs are sh!t. The fact people are shocked that a plane crashed from a country where they go through mass famine and starvation every few years is itself shocking.

A bigger issue is being ignored here though. 2 countries with tons of muslims..2 plane crashes. ..Patriots win superbowl....Easter a month a way...final season of Game of Thrones. Coincidence?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back