Seems like we have more '15 offers in the last week than last 2 years

NYC Vol

Is that the case or is it just a flurry of activity going on lately? Also, I read that we used only 5 of our 12 allowed official visits for the '14 class. Makes me wonder what the hell was he doing up there on The Hill...:dunno:

Reactions: 3 people
Is that the case or is it just a flurry of activity going on lately? Also, I read that we used only 5 of our 12 allowed official visits for the '14 class. Makes me wonder what the hell was he doing up there on The Hill...:dunno:

Does bball typically use all officials? He may have saved them since he didnt need them with his class signed and keeping them in case something popped up in spring signing

Reactions: 2 people

Why use all of your visits when you had players committed and signed early? This isn't like football where kids commit and decommit a lot.

Reactions: 1 person
Does bball typically use all officials? He may have saved them since he didnt need them with his class signed and keeping them in case something popped up in spring signing

I would think that you never know what is going to happen with your class so you keep recruiting guys. As it turned out, he would have had 2 spots open.

Also, you signed the 49th ranked recruiting class. Wouldn't it make sense to have tried to get a bunch of guys on campus last fall prior to signing day to see the school? I know it's not like football but Butch likes to say "if I get 'em on campus I can get them to commit"...or something like that.

Why not shoot for getting some guys on campus even if you don't really have a shot with them? What's the point of putting 7 official visits in your back pocket?

Quite honestly I don't know the average # of officials coaches usually use. I've asked Rucker that question. But it seems like 5 is on the very, very low side.

Last edited:

How many 2015 scholarships have you seen offered by this staff? I know of 3?

As for the OVs, I'm actually trying to figure out who the 5 were? Cofer didn't use 1, and Turman never took 1 either, Austin and Cornish used an OV so that's 2. Who were the other 3?

How many 2015 scholarships have you seen offered by this staff? I know of 3?

As for the OVs, I'm actually trying to figure out who the 5 were? Cofer didn't use 1, and Turman never took 1 either, Austin and Cornish used an OV so that's 2. Who were the other 3?
Did Kevon Looney take an OV here?

What was our class ranked? 40ish? And you don't use all your officials and see about maybe improving the class. Just accept mediocre and leave opportunities on the table, even after 5-6 mediocre recruits have already left.
Doesn't make sense, but oh well.

What people seem to be overlooking is that it's a good thing it played out that way.

If Martin brings in 4-5 other recruits for OVs Tyndall has 1 or 2 OVs to now work with.

If Martin brings in Cofer on an OV, and Turman as well, Tyndall is down to 0 OVs to work with.

As it sits now Tyndall has 7 OVs and 6 available scholarships, having that many OVs is huge and should allow him to land some decent recruits.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I'm a bit shocked on the class being ranked 49th? Last I had read it was 30th. It seemed to have dropped as the season went on. I still say if CCM had been able to get Looney and Lyle things would be different. Water under the bridge.

What people seem to be overlooking is that it's a good thing it played out that way.

If Martin brings in 4-5 other recruits for OVs Tyndall has 1 or 2 OVs to now work with.

If Martin brings in Cofer on an OV, and Turman as well, Tyndall is down to 0 OVs to work with.

As it sits now Tyndall has 7 OVs and 6 available scholarships, having that many OVs is huge and should allow him to land some decent recruits.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree. It's great that Martin was inept.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back