SEC's Must See Games 2012

Last edited:
We just missed the cut with two games

That said, this is a list of only 10 out of all the SEC slats this season, and in reality the beef of the conference's major games are in the West.

Plus, the Columbia (MO) writer only places the Tigers in 1 game

If the writer thinks that anyone else outside of Columbia, MO thinks the UGA/Missou game is the fifth best league game of the season, he is high.

If the writer thinks that anyone else outside of Columbia, MO thinks the UGA/Missou game is the fifth best league game of the season, he is high.

The UGA fans are already all over the mizzou boards and othet SEC boards talking trash for this game.

Both teams (one being the east favorite; one being in the same position as us in essentially a dark horse that could finish with anywhere from 7 to 9 wins) know that it's a huge game for each - in all likelihood determining how their seasons will go and at least predicted to be a tough game*

(there's also some likelihood it's one of the espn night games)

I can agree with some issue about it being at 5, but if you want to try to call the writer out as being a "hack" or something on anything here, it should probably be for having Arkansas-A&M at 8. (or possibly one out of USCe-UF at 9 or LSU-UF at 10)

Last edited:
I disagree with you True Orange, I think USCjr/UF and LSU/UF are much more compelling games than UGA/Missou.

UGA/Missou is no different than Bama/Miss St or LSU/Miss St or Tennessee/USCjr or A&M/LSU, etc.... IMO.

I'm not calling the writer a hack, but I think he is certainly shaded by black and gold goggles.

I can understand from his viewpoint how UGA-Mizzou can be a good game. In recent years, UGA has not been a good early season team and now they're traveling to Columbia for their biggest home game in program history. Gary Pinkel is a h$ll of a coach and he has a solid QB in Franklin. I can see an upset here.

But with that being said, I wouldn't put this game in the top 5.

I think Mizzu/UGA will be a good game, pretty evenly matched...bigger game for UGA than Mizzu in my opinion.

I'm thrilled for the Mizzou-UGA and Florida/Texas A&M games on September 8th. Im curious to see the atmospheres in Columbia and College Station. And mainly I just want to see them both play their first SEC game ,because its historic.

"Spurrier was right, the Dawgs will have a couple starters suspended"

Hilarious.

I disagree with you True Orange, I think USCjr/UF and LSU/UF are much more compelling games than UGA/Missou.

UGA/Missou is no different than Bama/Miss St or LSU/Miss St or Tennessee/USCjr or A&M/LSU, etc.... IMO.

I'm not calling the writer a hack, but I think he is certainly shaded by black and gold goggles.

He might have felt compelled to include at least one Missouri game bacause of his primary audience. To a Missouri football fan, their first SEC football game is a "must-see."

The UGA fans are already all over the mizzou boards and othet SEC boards talking trash for this game.

Both teams (one being the east favorite; one being in the same position as us in essentially a dark horse that could finish with anywhere from 7 to 9 wins) know that it's a huge game for each - in all likelihood determining how their seasons will go and at least predicted to be a tough game*

(there's also some likelihood it's one of the espn night games)

I can agree with some issue about it being at 5, but if you want to try to call the writer out as being a "hack" or something on anything here, it should probably be for having Arkansas-A&M at 8. (or possibly one out of USCe-UF at 9 or LSU-UF at 10)

True Orange, are you a member on a Mizzou board? As for the article yeah, I can understand the argument with it being at 5. But I, and the rest of Missouri thinks we have a really good shot to start the SEC conference slate 1-0. I think the Missouri - Tennessee game will also be good, but I wonder if Dooley will be around that long (no offense). Idk what others think of the Mizzou - UGA game but it will be huge here. (I think it might even by the GameDay game that week)

I'm mad that I'm going to miss the MU game. Duty calls. It may also be a blessing domestic wise.

Between Mizzou and A&M, I expect Mizzou to make a more immediate impact. They're in the easier division and have a great coach/QB combo.

1. LSU vs Alabama
2. UGA vs USCe
3. Bama vs Arkansas
4. LSU vs Arkansas
5. LSU vs USCe
6. Aub vs Bama
7. UF vs UGA
8. LSU vs UF
9. UGA vs Missouri
10. TN vs UF

Without looking at his list this is what I can come up with.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back