SEC Subplots: Tennessee will compete for the SEC East soon

Recruiting sites are the TMZ's of college football. They do stuff, say stuff, and write stuff just to make money. It's all about the Benjamins.....

So my theory is, these recruiting sites are just evaluating a lot more kids these days than they used to. That's why it seems, to me, that there are more highly touted recruits to go around these days, and everyone can get a descent recruiting class. More stars equal more money for their site(or that bama has to pay the recruits) lol figured I would just throw that in there.

By no means an I talking down our class's. I believe we actually have good and great talent coming in, but I think some teams are getting some hyped up kids by these sites, and they're that way because there parents could pay for that extra star.

That's why I think people should not pay to much attention to the stars, and the stars are what decides if you have a good recruiting class. So you shouldn't pay much attention to the class ranking either, but instead judge the class 3 4 5 years down the road. Then decide if it was a good one or not.

On a side note, I would love to have multiple 3*, blue collard, leave there heart on the field, and fits the system being ran perfect. Than a 5* that is recruited just because they're a 5* cough cough USCw.

I like collards.

Reactions: 1 person
Every article like this that is written expecting Mizzou to continue to play well in spite of losing almost all of their best players and returning the least starters and lettermen in the conference... is basically not worth reading. Many will notice that this has become a thorn under my fingernail. I'm no fortune teller so maybe MU does somehow find a way to replace all of that production and Mauk becomes the superman that many think he is... but sitting a week out from week 1... I don't know how any writer who has taken a real look at their roster losses and replacements does NOT predict a significant drop off for them.

I agree they will be down, but are we going to be good enough to take advantage?

Aren't you arguing against yourself with that last paragraph? Your thesis appears to be that stars don't matter, yet then you claim to want a team full of three stars (by the way, the bulk of top 25 teams are three star players).

Generally though, your thesis is wrong. Class rankings are highly predictive of that team's success. Stars do matter, at least if you are concerned about how well your team is going to do over a series of games. If your point is that stars don't ALWAYS matter, I would agree.

no,Just trying to give a comparison on where my thought process was in that last paragraph, but there are plenty on here and in general that look down on a kid when they ONLY see three stars.

OH and btw, How could my opinion be wrong. It's not really up for debate. That's just my feelings on recruiting sites

no,Just trying to give a comparison on where my thought process was in that last paragraph, but there are plenty on here and in general that look down on a kid when they ONLY see three stars.

OH and btw, How could my opinion be wrong. It's not really up for debate. That's just my feelings on recruiting sites

Your last paragraph is so baffling to me that I am not even sure what can possibly be said. We will just agree to disagree. Carry on...

Reactions: 1 person
Your last paragraph is so baffling to me that I am not even sure what can possibly be said. We will just agree to disagree. Carry on...

I was just using 3* as a measuring point. Set the college degree down and meet me in laymen land. Not me, but most who don't follow recruiting consider a 2 or 3* a middle of the road or average player. It's cool if you can't grasp my thought process. You wouldn't be the first or the last. You seem like a kinda smart fella. Stop trying to analyze my post and just try and think in Layman terms when you read my posts. It might help.

Last edited:
I was just using 3* as a measuring point. Set the college degree down and meet me in laymen land. Not me, but most who don't follow recruiting consider a 2 or 3* a middle of the road or average player. It's cool if you can't grasp my thought process. You wouldn't be the first or the last. You seem like a kinda smart fella. Stop trying to analyze my post and just try and think in Layman terms when you read my posts. It might help.

I appreciate the compliment. I'm not trying to be abrasive or rude, or even obtuse (although after rereading my post I probably came across as all of the above). I just know that when someone basically says "its my opinion, and it isn't up for debate" that is generally a signal for me to move along.

It only took me ten years of marriage to learn the lesson illustrated in that last sentence, by the way.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back