SEC Network update

For the people in Chattanooga, I talked with EPB yesterday to set up a new service and they are in fact going to offer the SEC network at no additional charge if you have the gold package programming

Since I know some, did they give you a date?

I'm hoping Uverse continues to crawl through my area. Stops at the neighborhood next to us. Curious, how much does the U200 package cost?

I pay $109 for direct with 3 boxes (2HD) and the package after the one in the middle. :mad:

I just moved from DIRECTV to ATT Uverse last month. I have the U200 package with high speed internet. I got a great deal with a 1 year contract. DIRECTV is already trying to get me back. I had no problem with DIRECTV but I really like Uverse. Negotiate with them for a good deal. I have 4 boxes. Much cheaper than my Time Warner internet and DIRECTV combined.

Directv will have sec network. Like someone mentioned earlier they're holding out, flexing their muscles, to get a better price. Nothing wrong with that.

Since I know some, did they give you a date?

They did not. Said they would send something out to all their subscribers about it. I told them they should start advertising they will have it since they are the only one in the area that currently has plans to carry it

Don't fret just yet. There have been several conferences that have gone through this same thing. I watched the last episode of "Talking Football" on CSS this week. They explained it and it seems like these negotiations continue until late June or July.

It just doesn't make economical sense for any major cable provider in the Southeast not to offer the SEC Network. If you have a major provider, you will receive the SEC Network. The only problem is, for basic subscribers, that it will most likely be included in a mid-tier programming option.

So, if you only have the base package and want to see the games, including the UT season opener, you'll have to upgrade to another package.

Doesn't make sense for Directv to not give the weather channel to subscribers either, but it took them months to get that deal worked out. I'm not willing to take that chance and miss all or part of the season. If you switch now not only will you be guaranteed the SEC Network this fall, you will also get a good deal from Dish too, I'm not sure what they will be offering in July or early August.

I have EPB in chattanooga, called and asked about the SEC network. They said it will be offered with the gold package for free in standard and HD around August.

Watch direct tv if you voice your sec network concerns to them, they will offer you something for free to extend your contract.

For the people in Chattanooga, I talked with EPB yesterday to set up a new service and they are in fact going to offer the SEC network at no additional charge if you have the gold package programming

So glad I saw this.
I love EPB fiber optic TV & internet, but no SEC Net is a dealbreaker, and I absolutely HATE Comcrap.
Thanks for the encouraging information. :peace2:

Reactions: 1 person
from 4/9 states "....hello the SECNetwork will be available in August thanks!"

:hi::clapping:

Haha and Comcasts retarded service reps have no clue what the SEC N is - just call one and ask --- 1 moron thought it was a financial station

Haha and Comcasts retarded service reps have no clue what the SEC N is - just call one and ask --- 1 moron thought it was a financial station

Securities and Exchange Commision Network... bringing you financial news and white collar crime reports every hour!

I got tired of Comcast and Directv playing games and holding me hostage with their high prices and losing channels.

I switched to Dish, the picture is better than Comcast, and the receivers are better than Directv. Dish is more reasonably priced too! If you don't want the NFL Sunday ticket, and you do want to be guaranteed to have the new ESPN SEC Network by the start of Football season, it's a no brainer. Dish is the way to go!

Directv's Genie receivers are, without question, the best receivers on the market. The DVR is the best, the GUI is the best, and the computer hardware is the best.

Directv's Genie receivers are, without question, the best receivers on the market. The DVR is the best, the GUI is the best, and the computer hardware is the best.

I have dish. And this is absolutely true. The genie is way more interactive, gives you more recording options, and with the wireless minis launched give you options around where you want your tv. The only thing that the hopper had the genie bested in is storage space, 1 terabyte vs 2 worth the hopper.

I'm hoping Uverse continues to crawl through my area. Stops at the neighborhood next to us. Curious, how much does the U200 package cost?

I pay $109 for direct with 3 boxes (2HD) and the package after the one in the middle. :mad:

I have Direct and Uverse for internet. My neighbor that lives directly across the street cannot get Uverse.

Oh praise be!!!! Hallaleuah!!! Thank you sir and thank you EPB!!!!

Directv will have it. They are too big to not get it. Look what they did to the weather channel. Just to get back on Directv they changed their programming by 40%. They are holding out. Just wait a few months

I have had Comcast for years. So sick of their customer service and continually going up on rates. I complained about the SEC network and signed wherever I could online that I would switch if they didn't add the network. Had an ATT salesman come to the door Friday. They had a great promotion for one year.....and I finally made the switch. Locked in for one year. Glad I did it...even if Comcast adds it later I was just feed up with them.

I have had Comcast for years. So sick of their customer service and continually going up on rates. I complained about the SEC network and signed wherever I could online that I would switch if they didn't add the network. Had an ATT salesman come to the door Friday. They had a great promotion for one year.....and I finally made the switch. Locked in for one year. Glad I did it...even if Comcast adds it later I was just feed up with them.

Good for you! How do you like Uverse so far?

VN Store

Back