SEC Network question

Wow...when was the last time you looked at Directv? Can only record 2 shows at a time and have to be watching one? Your've correct if you are basing it on their technology from, say 5 years ago. Check again.

As far as price, Directv has the best deal going, if you know how to work it. Example. We get the majority of channels, including the sports package, Starz, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, etc. I pay around $53 a month. Just have to know how to work it.

Must be your first year, after that bend over

Reactions: 5 people
Must be your first year, after that bend over

Not true.

All you have to do is call and say you are going to cancel and they will adjust your price. Most, if not all, TV providers will do this for you.

As stated above, NFL Sunday Ticket is killer.

Not true.

All you have to do is call and say you are going to cancel and they will adjust your price. Most, if not all, TV providers will do this for you.

I can get all that for free on the Internet.

Reactions: 1 person
DirecTV was overpriced and would lose a signal in a storm. Uverse is so much better. I have not lost signal since I got the service in January. I pay less for Uverse with internet, than I did with just DirecTV.
With Uverse, I can record up to 6 shows at once while watching a different one, and I can watch them on any tv in my house. With DirecTV you can only record 2 shows at a time and must be watching one of them, and you can only watch it on the tv you have the DVR hooked up to.
No comparison, Uverse crushes DirecTV!!
:peace2:

DSL sucks big time in my area. I'd never be happy with u-verse where I live. I have DirecTV and wouldn't consider anything else really. I have had them since 2005 and I can count on my fingers the number of times I lost a signal and when I did it was never for more than 15-20 minutes. I lived in Cleveland, OH for 8 years where they get almost no sun and have ferocious snow storms. Still got a great signal.

Just since 2011 (when I got Comcast internet), I have lost my internet signal way more than my DirecTV signal.

Reactions: 2 people
I was looking at this falls football schedule for Sec net. It appears that bama is playing the same time as UT (12:00pm) on 9/6. Both are listed as sec net games. How will the sec net televise both? I'd figure it'd be like pro where it's a regional thing. Anyone know?

From what I have seen on the Comcast site if you have the Sports Tier One package (or whatever they call it). there would be no additional monthly charge for the SEC network and it should be up on August 14. I could not find what channel it is on. If anybody finds that out please post it.

I really pay attention to HD picture quality and I have compared Comcast, Dish and DTV. DTV has the best picture quality in my opinion.

For Comcast, if you are in an SEC state, it is no charge (Digital Basic).

Non-SEC states have to get Digital Preferred or Digital Premium. Arrrgh!

You don't think Cable can go out in bad storms? Where do you think they get their signal from?

I have cable from our local utilities, two SECN channels included with my cable package. No additional charges.

I called DirectTV and was told they are close. I extended my deadline to them from 31 July to 15 August. No deal by then, I'm switching to Dish. You might do the same if you have directTV. put the heat on them a little. Power in numbers.

I already switched to Dish from DTV. They doubled my bill in 2 yrs and when I called to see if I could get it lower they told me the only way to do that is to give up channels!
I called dish and got it for a year for half of what I was paying DirecTV then I called DIRECTV back to cancel and they offered me all kinds of incentives to stay like lowering my bill, then $100 and then a $200 gift card but by then I had already had dish installed so it was too late. These companies won't do anything unless they know they're going to lose you! If DTV doesn't come thru in the next few days & your 2 yrs are up, SWITCH!

Last edited:
got an email from our cable provider in Bristol (btes) today and the sec network is starting aug 14th on 2 diff channels 39 which is digital and 850 which is hd good news no extra cost excited

Not true.

Comcast wont

For Comcast, if you are in an SEC state, it is no charge (Digital Basic).

Non-SEC states have to get Digital Preferred or Digital Premium. Arrrgh!

yeah 21 per month extra for me too - was hoping the crooks would put it in the sports package but they know how to hose people

got an email from our cable provider in Bristol (btes) today and the sec network is starting aug 14th on 2 diff channels 39 which is digital and 850 which is hd good news no extra cost excited

Good for you, now you can watch ESPN's coverage of the greatest football conference on the planet!!

not so sure comcast will have it by august 14 - the cust service morons are still clueless about it - anyone else with comcast having trouble getting answers from them ? Deerpark ?

VN Store

Back