Season Predictions?

8-4 would be a colossal failure. Floor should be 9.
That’s waaaay too dramatic… it would be disappointing. Colossal failure? Nah, 8-4 is never a colossal failure with a first year starter at QB. It’s a building block if it comes to that.

That’s waaaay too dramatic… it would be disappointing. Colossal failure? Nah, 8-4 is never a colossal failure with a first year starter at QB. It’s a building block if it comes to that.

Plenty people still just don’t get what type of talent Nico is. It’d take a colossal coaching failure to lose 4 games if Nico stays healthy with the a schedule we have. Stand by post.

Bold prediction for 2024.

I think we go into Norman and beat OU by at least 2 scores. Just listening to Andy Staples podcast they had 2 guys from a Sooner site like Hubbs and Price, and they did their best to sound positive, but they also were very cautious about their expectations for Jackson Arnold, as well as where they were with their offensive and defensive lines.

They kept saying things like "they'll improve as the season goes along". We're a bad matchup for them early on. Right now on April 18, I would not be completely shocked w/ a similar outcome like LSU
2022. Not expecting that, but wouldn’t be shocked either

Plenty people still just don’t get what type of talent Nico is. It’d take a colossal coaching failure to lose 4 games if Nico stays healthy with the a schedule we have. Stand by post.
I mean, I’m down and tend to agree that he’s a generational talent, but it’s always always always possible to lose 4 games with a first year starter. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Texas A&M lost 4 games the year Johnny football won the heisman. The SEC is too talented across the board for an 8-4 season to be considered a colossal failure, especially with a QB that’s never started an SEC game before. It would be a bummer though, and I have expectations of 10-2 and hopes of better.

I’ll say 8-4. Florida, Georgia and Alabama 3 automatic L’s. Then throw in a fourth loss to either OK, SC, MO or KY. That’s the Tennessee way right?

Last edited:
I mean, I’m down and tend to agree that he’s a generational talent, but it’s always always always possible to lose 4 games with a first year starter. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Texas A&M lost 4 games the year Johnny football won the heisman. The SEC is too talented across the board for an 8-4 season to be considered a colossal failure, especially with a QB that’s never started an SEC game before. It would be a bummer though, and I have expectations of 10-2 and hopes of better.
He lost 2 games. They went 11-2.

I expect 9-3

floor 8-4
ceiling 10-2

we lose to either Fla or Ok (probably Fla since we have lost to them 78 times in a row), Ala and Ga
I actually think NC State is a bigger threat than Oklahoma. They have some scary pieces on offense and its game 2. I think after spanking UTC they could sneak up on us. Even though Oklahoma is on the road by then I think we will know what our team is by then.

Reactions: orangemadam
I actually think NC State is a bigger threat than Oklahoma. They have some scary pieces on offense and it’s game 2. I think after spanking UTC they could sneak up on us. Even though Oklahoma is on the road by then I think we will know what our team is by then.
What scary pieces? QB? He is decent. Who else?

What scary pieces? QB? He is decent. Who else?
Transfer tight end who we also recruited. Starting rb. Returning WR #10. The transfer WRs from portal. They got a lot of talented kids from portal. But lets be clear i didnt say I think they beat us I specifically said I think are more of a threat IMHO than Oklahoma. Because of when we play them.

Yeah it's way early, but with the talent we see now, O and D, I'm curious what others believe the floor and ceiling could be. Me the floor=7ws
Ceiling=10ws
10-2/11-1 regular season and definitely in the playoffs…as long as Nico stays healthy.

He lost 2 games. They went 11-2.
Thanks for thecorrection 😊 It was the following year that he went 9-4.. and it was Tebow I was thinking of who lost 4 games during his heisman year… but my point is that 8-4 is never a disaster or whatever the adjective was that was used.. Even elite, hall of fame level coaches have 4 loss seasons. But those 8-4 seasons are the down years for great coaches. Hopefully we look back in 5 years at the 2023 season and it’s our down year. That will mean that Heupel is a top tier coach in CFB. And that we’ll have gone to 3+ playoffs.

VN Store

Back