Season Predictions

11-1 split Bama and UGA… most will be surprised by how good our defense plays this year even the secondary coach Heup constantly says we will play elite defense…I think Tim banks finally has the depth to truly play aggressive attacking defense… real competition breeds success and the offense while different won’t take a step back… they will probably be a little more run heavy with 3 really good backs and the play action bombs will come early and often.

Reactions: Frosty
Right now I'm more concerned with the Offensive Line than the defense or Joe Milton. I think Milton is going to be much improved, but I do think he holds the ball a tick to long at times when he should take off. If the Line isn't holding up for him or sustains some injuries, it could mess up the rythm of the offense. One negative play really throws things off for us. And if it affects the run game we may be in more third and long situations than anticipated. For this reason, I think we may have some hiccups on offense and could see us fighting for a 9-3 season. A really good front 7, which isn't too rare in the SEC, could really cause us problems.

I'm in a really weird place on this question, 10-2 with losses to Florida and Kentucky. No, it's not logical; and it makes me cringe too.

9-3 plus bowl or a high ceiling of 10-2 plus the bowl. I'm going with losses at Ala, home vs Ga and possibly at Mizzou. That's a dangerous F'N game, especially since we play them the week before Ga. I could see us just losing to Ala and Ga, could see us winning one and losing one then still maybe lose at Mizzou. Everything has to go right to be better than 10-2, but it's definitely possible.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
9-3 plus bowl or a high ceiling of 10-2 plus the bowl. I'm going with losses at Ala, home vs Ga and possibly at Mizzou. That's a dangerous F'N game, especially since we play them the week before Ga. I could see us just losing to Ala and Ga, could see us winning one and losing one then still maybe lose at Mizzou. Everything has to go right to be better than 10-2, but it's definitely possible.
Mizzou is terrible lol. If there is a sleeper it’s A&M but Idk how Fisher and Petrino will mesh

No way in hell we lose to Missouri

Don't be so sure about that.. Mizzou had Ga beat last year till the final minute. It's very losable. It's a revenge game at Mizzou in November, the week before we play Ga. That's a potential look ahead game and it scares me like last year did playing at S.Carol. It wouldn't shock me if we lost at Mizzou then beat GA the next week. Hopefully we win both, but it'd very possible we lose at Mizzou.

Mizzou is terrible lol. If there is a sleeper it’s A&M but Idk how Fisher and Petrino will mesh

They definitely aren't terrible, you don't beat GA for 56 mins and suck. They are dangerous as hell. I'm not the least bit worried about A'M with it being a home game. I hope we beat the Brakes off Mizzou, but they were 5-2 at home last year with both losses being 4 pt losses to GA and Ky. Also Mizzou beat SCarol at S. Carol, the same SC that beat the Brakes off us at SCe. Also remember, it was a 28-24 game with Mizzou in the 3rd. We just pulled away.

9-3 is where I am currently. If the OL progresses similar to last year, then 10-2.

10-2 we’re just simply that good
I also think 🤔 were good enough to split Alabama and Georgia 11-1

We’re 10pts + better than anyone else on our schedule

Don't be so sure about that.. Mizzou had Ga beat last year till the final minute. It's very losable. It's a revenge game at Mizzou in November, the week before we play Ga. That's a potential look ahead game and it scares me like last year did playing at S.Carol. It wouldn't shock me if we lost at Mizzou then beat GA the next week. Hopefully we win both, but it'd very possible we lose at Mizzou.
We beat them by 42 points last year and one of the best WR's transferred to Georgia. If we lose to Mizzou we are going backwards.

We beat them by 42 points last year and one of the best WR's transferred to Georgia. If we lose to Mizzou we are going backwards.

Last year means nothing. Last year Mizzou played GA a lot better than we did and they won at SCe by 2 TD's. That same team that beat us by almost 30. Yet we pulled away late and blew Mizzou out. So if GA had lost to Mizzou last year would they be going backwards or just got caught not being focused. I guess we will see in a few months how dangerous of a game it is..I hope to hell it's not , but I'd bet a lot of money it won't be an easy game. Anybody that watches college football knows how dangerous SEC road games can be. Especially as cold and potentially snowy as it can be in Mizzou in November. Even moreso when it's the week before possibly our biggest game of the season vs GA

11-1
Listening to Ainge yesterday and he made a great point. If Ga shows up and we only have a loss to bama and the game is for the East, Neyland will be unlike anything we’ve ever seen. Gameday will be there, the fans will be insane, the players will know they are playing for a shot at a championship, and it will be the most hostile environment Carson Beck has ever witnessed. I like the vols in another instant classic my friends 😉!

That’s my honest pick. I wouldn’t bet any team to go 12-0 cause it’s hard to accomplish
My hope is that UGA hasn't found the secret sauce that keeps a team hungry after back to back Natty's. My fear is that they've supplanted bama as the alpha program in the league and their dynastic run is only just beginning. If they win the thing again this year, I'm moving.

My hope is that UGA hasn't found the secret sauce that keeps a team hungry after back to back Natty's. My fear is that they've supplanted bama as the alpha program in the league and their dynastic run is only just beginning. If they win the thing again this year, I'm moving.
Carson beck has been there 4 years and he’s now supposed to be the guy? He couldn’t even beat out a walk on…

Reactions: igotworms
My pick as well. As talented as Milton and the WR corp appears to be, it's not realistic to expect them to do what Hooker, Tillman, and Hyatt did.... especially without linemen like wright and carvin. That's a lot of talent and experience to replace in this league. I expect a step or two back this year. 8 wins is my thought as well.

Carson beck has been there 4 years and he’s now supposed to be the guy? He couldn’t even beat out a walk on…
There are always misses in recruiting. The Smurf was clearly one of those. You can't always get inside a kids head and heart. He clearly had the "it" factor. Does Beck? Even if he doesn't, UGA still has a lot of toys for an OC to play with. With that much talent, they won't need Beck to win games. They'll just need him not to lose them. Believe me....I hate UGA more than bama and I go back to Wyatt and the Bear. Last thing I want to see is UGA in this spot. With the talent in this state, I knew it was possible. Just didn't want to live to see it actually happen.

There are always misses in recruiting. The Smurf was clearly one of those. You can't always get inside a kids head and heart. He clearly had the "it" factor. Does Beck? Even if he doesn't, UGA still has a lot of toys for an OC to play with. With that much talent, they won't need Beck to win games. They'll just need him not to lose them. Believe me....I hate UGA more than bama and I go back to Wyatt and the Bear. Last thing I want to see is UGA in this spot. With the talent in this state, I knew it was possible. Just didn't want to live to see it actually happen.
I hear ya. I’m not caving in like some saying they aren’t beatable. If O-line and Milton perform well, we have enough firepower to replicate last season.

My pick as well. As talented as Milton and the WR corp appears to be, it's not realistic to expect them to do what Hooker, Tillman, and Hyatt did.... especially without linemen like wright and carvin. That's a lot of talent and experience to replace in this league. I expect a step or two back this year. 8 wins is my thought as well.
There is no shame in that. They overachieved to this point, and were very fortunate. Things will even out in terms of luck and good fortune. They replace a lot of production, and they still have a questionable defensive backfield, as well as OL. The interior DL is thin. It will catch up to them this year. The question is what does it cost them in terms of current and future recruiting. The coaching job has still been brilliant and isn't deteriorating. The roster and depth improvement just has to continue to eliminate years with more downside.

VN Store

Back