Season Predictions Revised (Or Not)

Hoping for 7-5 but we are not good enough to count any wins as locks other than UTC maybe. We can be good enough to beat just about everybody left on our schedule, but, we can also be bad enough to lose to just about everybody left on our schedule. Hope this helps ya.

Standing pat at 6-6. This team does looks light years better than in years past though.

I was at 6-6, but I think 7-5 is possible with winnable games against UF and Mizzou. With our depth in the trenches, though, things can change quick with a rash of injuries. I just about have a brain bleed every time I see one of our guys limping.

Thought 7-5 and still there.

I do think we'll take one game to OT and if we get any breaks, we'll end up 8-4.

Originally 6-6, now 7-5.

Only true sub-par unit is the OLine and i believe they will get that fixed starting this week.

Defense will keep us in games and as we get healthy, our playmakers will win us a big game or 2

Me too. Originally 6-7 wins, now 7-8. 7 regular season wins + a win in a bowl game will have expectations soaring for next year.

I don't get the NegaVols at this point. Seriously? you guys are figuring our only wins left are: Chatt, UK, Vandy and that's it?

you HONESTLY think we don't have a chance at the Gators at home? They scored 21 points off of turnovers versus Bama and had NO DRIVES in the game.

you HONESTLY think we don't have a chance at Mizzou at home? They LOST TO Big10 team Indiana?

you Honestly don't think we have a chance with South Carolina or Ole Miss on the road? Those teams are Jekyl and Hyde, which one shows up?

Ok, i get the Bama looked good at home versus Gators, but come on, we get them in Neyland. you give us NO CHANCE against them?

I understand that UGA looked good against Clemson, but the Tigers lost to a backup QB at Florida state and appears more willing to choke. FSU was weak, Clemson is weak, UGA is un-tested except for USC loss.

come on guys, i'm not a sunshine pumper, but pull your head out of the mud... 7-5 happens, BOOK IT.

I almost want to wait till after the Ga game to give my answer but ill go ahead and say 7-5. If we pull out the upset then 8-4 or 9-3.

I don't get the NegaVols at this point. Seriously? you guys are figuring our only wins left are: Chatt, UK, Vandy and that's it?

you HONESTLY think we don't have a chance at the Gators at home? They scored 21 points off of turnovers versus Bama and had NO DRIVES in the game.

you HONESTLY think we don't have a chance at Mizzou at home? They LOST TO Big10 team Indiana?

you Honestly don't think we have a chance with South Carolina or Ole Miss on the road? Those teams are Jekyl and Hyde, which one shows up?

Ok, i get the Bama looked good at home versus Gators, but come on, we get them in Neyland. you give us NO CHANCE against them?

I understand that UGA looked good against Clemson, but the Tigers lost to a backup QB at Florida state and appears more willing to choke. FSU was weak, Clemson is weak, UGA is un-tested except for USC loss.

come on guys, i'm not a sunshine pumper, but pull your head out of the mud... 7-5 happens, BOOK IT.

You're not a sunshine pumper? Really...cause I don't see your NO CHANCE predictions versus the other three opponents we play...

Do you really think there is NO CHANCE we lose to Vandy, a team we haven't beaten in almost three years, in a game at their place?

Do you really think there is NO CHANCE we lose to Kentucky, who is coached by the brother of a guy who just beat us, who looks to be greatly improved, and who plays with a running QB?

Do you really think there is NO CHANCE that UTC has the game of their lives and upsets the Vols in Neyland?

If you want to be a realist, you gotta be completely real. You're cherry picking the game facts you see the upside to and ignoring the ones you don't want to think about. That is basically the definition of a pumper.

I started off as a realist at 5-7, and am thinking about revising up to 6-6, but maybe not. See, here's the thing...

Sure, we could beat Georgia, but we are equally likely to lose to Vandy, so that's a wash.

Sure we could beat USCe, but we are equally likely to lose to Kentucky, so that's a wash.

Sure, we could beat Alabama, but we are equally likely to lose to UTC, so that's a wash.

So, really, an adjustment up to 6-6 is being hinged on Mizzou being worse than expected, based on a single bad game where they may have overlooked an opponent, and/or on us beating a Florida team we haven't beaten since Saddam was alive, based on their looking bad versus Kentucky (same possible situation, given that they were probably looking ahead to Bama)...

Which brings me to my last point...I'll use your style to make it...do you really believe there is NO CHANCE that Worley doesn't miss multiple games this year due to injury because of that OL? Cause I gotta say, he took at least ten vicious hits against OU, and if that continues over the next four games, he will be in a cast almost for sure at some point.

So no, I'm not moving up from 5-7 right now, until we see a little more. If you want to join the minority of us in the reality club, you are welcome to do so, but you'll have to consider all the facts or possibilities or you won't seem credible. Peace.

Said 6-6 or possible 7-5 to begin with. Will stay with that. While the D is a lot better than expected, it may only mean we don't lose the ones we are suppose to by as much as we would have. We sneak a win out of Athens, I'll be on the playoff bandwagon. :)

VN Store

Back