Season predictions for 2012-2013?

20-24 wins will be what we see. I think there is a couple they let slip.

While I like there's a couple that slip, I think there's a couple they win that aren't expected.

I think if we saw odds we'd be favored in 23 of the 30 games. So if you lose a couple you shouldn't and win a couple unexpected, you're right at that 23 wins.

"This is a top-25 job," Martin said. "But the goal for our program is to one day be the last team standing and be the national champion, and I think we can do that with the right pieces."

Anyone remember when he made this statement?
Many made light of it and said it was media speak.

Maybe not this year, but I see it happening guys.
We're getting the pieces!!!

20-24 wins will be what we see. I think there is a couple they let slip.

I don't see us letting any slip like last year. These guys are buying into what Martin is selling, and I think he does a great job of taking it game-by-game.

We're fortunate to have a coach like him.

Kennesaw State W
UNC-Asheville W
Oklahoma State or Akron W
Puerto Rico 3rd game...W
Oakland W
at Georgetown W
at Virginia W
Wichita State W
Presbyterian W
Western Carolina W
Xavier W
Memphis L
Ole Miss W
at Alabama L
at Kentucky L
Mississippi State W
at Ole Miss W
Alabama W
Vanderbilt W
at Arkansas L
Georgia W
at South Carolina W
at Vanderbilt W
Kentucky W
LSU W
at Texas A&M L
Florida W
at Georgia W
at Auburn W
Missouri L

Final Record: 24-6

I think 25-5 with a #3 seed riding on SEC Tournament performance. Getting to the final should secure it without much doubt. Barring injury of course as we have already seen Marra go down at Louisville. That loss will cost Louisville dearly when there is such a fine line separating title contenders. It opens the door for those magical #3 seed runs. :dance2:

Enjoy your season in great health. That goes for all Vols fans.

I think 25-5 with a #3 seed riding on SEC Tournament performance. Getting to the final should secure it without much doubt. Barring injury of course as we have already seen Marra go down at Louisville. That loss will cost Louisville dearly when there is such a fine line separating title contenders. It opens the door for those magical #3 seed runs. :dance2:

Enjoy your season in great health. That goes for all Vols fans.

Much appreciated, same to you and your fellow UCONN fans.

I don't see us letting any slip like last year. These guys are buying into what Martin is selling, and I think he does a great job of taking it game-by-game.

We're fortunate to have a coach like him.

It's basketball....long season you always usually let a couple slip no matter who the coach is.

It's basketball....long season you always usually let a couple slip no matter who the coach is.

Agree. Typically no one is immune to them. Also, not every loss that you were favored to win can be considered a "bad" loss. Kentucky was favored in both of their losses last season, but IU and Vandy weren't bad teams to lose too.

Wichita State lost pretty much their starting five. UT will crush them. UT splits the UK game and beats Vandy in both games. 16-2 in SEC play sounds very possible. 14-4 is more realistic.
3-5 seed in the Ntourny sounds realistic. Your run all depends on the road that is given to you. The NCAA could screw you guys over with a hellacious road or give you something faborable like Duke is given year in and year out.

They always have a ton of talent but under pastner (probably spelled that wrong) there are a very underachieved team.

It has a lot to do with discipline when it comes to Memphis and Pastner. Just my opinion though. He is one hell of a recruiter though, and with time I am sure he will pull them back into consistent prominence.

Interesting look back 7 games into the season.

The Memphis game is setting up to be a must win for both programs that had lofty fan base expectations entering the season.

Why is it a must win for either team?

Memphis has dropped two terrible games already and since they only have one ranked team on their schedule, tournament seeding relies on beating teams that can help their rpi.

Tennessee is staring .500 in the face again. A third loss to the instate rival in two years could be a devastating blow to tournament hopes and the confidence this team takes into conference play.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this team went 5-0 in the next series of games.
We should have learned last year that most of our kids are crowd feeders.
Big wins at home but sucked on the road.
May be the same this season.
It helps that Martin owns Marshall with a 5-2 record against him at Missouri State.
Start with a big win and the confidence could boost them to another big win against Memphis.
No prediction here, but don't be surprised if it happens.

Memphis has dropped two terrible games already and since they only have one ranked team on their schedule, tournament seeding relies on beating teams that can help their rpi.

Tennessee is staring .500 in the face again. A third loss to the instate rival in two years could be a devastating blow to tournament hopes and the confidence this team takes into conference play.

Two terrible games? VCU and Minnesota? I need more clarification.

Plus, Memphis gets to run through C-USA, for the last time. I don't see how UT, especially an unranked UT, really makes that much of a difference to our tourney resume. UT's RPI is currently 127, so it's not shaping up for much a of potential bump for Memphis.

I also don't see how UT's season is derailed and all tournament changes are dashed if they don't beat us.

Last edited:
Memphis don't need UT as bad as UT needs Memphis. Playing a CUSA schedule gift wraps the Tigers dance chances. No way they don't smoke that whole conference schedule. Tennessee will likely lose to Florida, Kentucky and Mizzou. Also, teams like Arkansas and Ole Miss are playing well. But forget Memphis, we need the Wichita State win much more than Memphis.

VN Store

Back