Scotty Hopson vs. Vincent Yarbrough

Point A is likely why we have him. BCG really wasn't interested.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Clyde had to pursue him for political reasons. He certainly wasn't heartbroken he didn't get him.

I don't know where you guys are getting your information, but this is pattently untrue. Gillispie came hard, if arrogantly, after Hopson, and blew several gaskets when he did not get him.

I don't know who else would be on hat's demanding coaches list. Ricks Barnes and Pitino both gave a good effort, as did Thad Matta. I know that UT's style seems to mesh with Scotty's demeanor, which might not be the best thing for player development.

I don't know where you guys are getting your information, but this is pattently untrue. Gillispie came hard, if arrogantly, after Hopson, and blew several gaskets when he did not get him.
He was upset because he knew he was going to have to listen to his fans *****. Clyde knew all along the kid was a coward.

He was upset because he knew he was going to have to listen to his fans *****. Clyde knew all along the kid was a coward.

hat, that just isn't correct, and doesn't add up to reality. I could believe it about Tubby; his relative indifference helped lose Scotty to MSU in the first place. When Scotty reopened, BCG was on him as hard as anyone, and he didn't have to be. The kid was lost and could have easily remained so, but Billy G chased him.

The meltdown Gillispie had after Hopson chose UT is another matter entirely. If no other information were available, it would be proof positive that Gillispie both 1) really wanted Hopson and 2) had some emotional issues.

hat, that just isn't correct, and doesn't add up to reality. I could believe it about Tubby; his relative indifference helped lose Scotty to MSU in the first place. When Scotty reopened, BCG was on him as hard as anyone, and he didn't have to be. The kid was lost and could have easily remained so, but Billy G chased him.

The meltdown Gillispie had after Hopson chose UT is another matter entirely. If no other information were available, it would be proof positive that Gillispie both 1) really wanted Hopson and 2) had some emotional issues.
He had to pursue him to keep the Blue Bloods from harping constantly about Hopson the way they cried at Tubby about Lofton. Clyde told multiple coaches that Darius Miller was the guy he wanted. In fact, he told at least two coaches they were smart not to recruit Hopson. Clyde's anger at the end of that recruitment was directed at some of the folks in Hopkinsville. He wasn't losing any sleep about not having to try and turn Stuart Smalley into Rambo.

Clyde's anger at the end of that recruitment was directed at some of the folks in Hopkinsville.

His reasons for lashing out at the folks in Hopkinsville, Randy McCoy in particular, were invented.

BG may have judged Hopson poorly. He may have wanted Miller more. I dont know what he told other coaches. But I am 100% certain he wanted Hopson badly, and he had plenty of excuses to satisfy the blue-bloods if he chose, but he didnt.

VN Store

Back