Scorpion (CBS)

Liking this show more and more. I wish I was a genius..... I think. They make it out like all of them are socially backwards though. Not sure if that is true in real life for most geniuses or not?

It's sad that Gotham has 150 more posts than this thread. I like Gotham, but Scorpion>>> Gotham. IMO

It's sad that Gotham has 150 more posts than this thread. I like Gotham, but Scorpion>>> Gotham. IMO

Comic book nerds united in the Gotham thread is the only reason. That and it's on Fox so toss a handful in from the Politics forum. :)

Comic book nerds united in the Gotham thread is the only reason. That and it's on Fox so toss a handful in from the Politics forum. :)

True. Most shows I enjoy usually only have a few people post in them anyway.

Liking this show more and more. I wish I was a genius..... I think. They make it out like all of them are socially backwards though. Not sure if that is true in real life for most geniuses or not?

Without sounding like an ass/bragging. No you don't. I was told I had a 152 IQ when I was 10. It resulted in nothing more than being bullied and ostracized my entire life until I got to college. Though, to be fair, I grew up in an ignorant and racist town where most still don't believe in evolution, so any kind of actual intelligence terrifies them, and my parents sadly didn't have the money to get me anywhere else.

Now that I'm nearing the end of college and in the real world more, its awesome to an extent, and virtually never forgetting a girl's birthday is awesome, but I can say up until this point its just barely broken even, if not been more harm than good.

I can say it's just like they make it where everyone else is different with their intelligence. Most of my stuff is memory, specifically numbers or patterns that I read, but I also look like a kindergartener with parkinson's when I write or draw and there are days where I sit in my apartment and don't even want to open the door.

The constantly correcting people thing though? Not everyone smart is like that. I used to when I was younger and a douche who used my intelligence to defend myself against people, but I can say it is still a huge pet peeve when people say ignorant or misunderstand seemingly basic concepts that I get easily. (aka all of fox news watchers for the most part)

tl:dr

Unless the government is paying thousands for you to be smart, not sure its worth it.

Without sounding like an ass/bragging. No you don't. I was told I had a 152 IQ when I was 10. It resulted in nothing more than being bullied and ostracized my entire life until I got to college. Though, to be fair, I grew up in an ignorant and racist town where most still don't believe in evolution, so any kind of actual intelligence terrifies them, and my parents sadly didn't have the money to get me anywhere else.

Now that I'm nearing the end of college and in the real world more, its awesome to an extent, and virtually never forgetting a girl's birthday is awesome, but I can say up until this point its just barely broken even, if not been more harm than good.

I can say it's just like they make it where everyone else is different with their intelligence. Most of my stuff is memory, specifically numbers or patterns that I read, but I also look like a kindergartener with parkinson's when I write or draw and there are days where I sit in my apartment and don't even want to open the door.

The constantly correcting people thing though? Not everyone smart is like that. I used to when I was younger and a douche who used my intelligence to defend myself against people, but I can say it is still a huge pet peeve when people say ignorant or misunderstand seemingly basic concepts that I get easily. (aka all of fox news watchers for the most part)

Unless the government is paying thousands for you to be smart, not sure its worth it.

Lol

Calm down Daloth, I was totally trolling with that statement. I've heard some geniuses take things too seriously some times though. :)

What an ass....jk. That sucks though for you, really.

That's a nice surprise! In next week's episode the Scorpion crew meets Hetty Lange!! :rock:

So the show is set in the same universe as NCIS and I assume Hawaii Five-0! :good!:

That's a nice surprise! In next week's episode the Scorpion crew meets Hetty Lange!! :rock:

So the show is set in the same universe as NCIS and I assume Hawaii Five-0! :good!:

I've thoroughly enjoyed the last few episodes. The characters are starting to grow on me. There seems to be some off moments with Walter's personality though. Maybe it's just me noticing it.

I doubt the team ends up going to Hawaii.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the last few episodes. The characters are starting to grow on me. There seems to be some off moments with Walter's personality though. Maybe it's just me noticing it.

I doubt the team ends up going to Hawaii.
I was just saying that the show is in the same universe. A couple of seasons back there was a crossover between Hawaii Five-0 & NCIS:LA

I was just saying that the show is in the same universe. A couple of seasons back there was a crossover between Hawaii Five-0 & NCIS:LA

Yeah, it ended up being more like a Kensy Blye/Hawaii Five 0 crossover more than anything.

Another solid episode and good news Scorpion along with NCIS:NOLA and Madam Secretary got picked up for full season orders!

When I first started watching this show I was worried about how all the characters were going to get along and share the screen. I have to say they've done a great job making that work. The characters are all great. I also like that the female cop from Forever found something to work on. I'm not sure if that was just a one episode thing or they plan on using her more.

VN Store

Back