Schedule is nothing new to Pruitt

No, the schedule isn’t going to be easy, but I think he will do a great job at it, and win at least two or three from it. The potential is there.:rock:

Why dont you think the schedule will be easy? According to you, there are no coaches that are capable of beating a HC with no expereince.

Reactions: 1 person
There are a lot of fans out there on the ragged edge with this program as a whole and another 5 years treading water in the major sports and primarily football are going to see them starting to find other things to do on Saturdays.

I'm a third generation VFL, but I'm in that boat.

Starting to enjoy Saturdays on the golf course, actually.

Bama doesn't play its 4 toughest SEC games in a row or in a 5 week span every year like Tennessee seems to draw each year.

We really need to swap Florida or Georgia and Mizzou games in the schedule.

Then we don't have Mizzou in the cold or Florida in the unbearable heat.

I say put us on Florida's schedule between SCAR and FSU! A nice trap situation every year! lol

Why dont you think the schedule will be easy? According to you, there are no coaches that are capable of beating a HC with no expereince.
Pruitt will prepare his players, staff, and practices for this long stretch. Alabama had some tough stretches in the sec west. I think he knows what he has to do when we play Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and South Carolina in a roll. I think we can go 3 and 2 during this stretch, and if we do, we will win the east. I don’t see anyone else beating us after South Carolina. Pruitt is getting his own players, and I think most of Butch’s players will be molded into Pruitt players within 8 months. We will have a winning team, tougher players, and these players will be soft no more.:dance2:

Pruitt will prepare his players, staff, and practices for this long stretch. Alabama had some tough stretches in the sec west. I think he knows what he has to do when we play Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and South Carolina in a roll. I think we can go 3 and 2 during this stretch, and if we do, we will win the east. I don’t see anyone else beating us after South Carolina. Pruitt is getting his own players, and I think most of Butch’s players will be molded into Pruitt players within 8 months. We will have a winning team, tougher players, and these players will be soft no more.:dance2:
Why would be only go 3-2 when you admitted known of those coaches are capable of beating Pruitt?

Losing 2 SEC games will still win us the east? Lol

Florida, Georgia & Bama are in the first half of our schedule every season. In any year that we can win all three, the SEC is ours. But we must come out at the start of any given season ready to go from the outset. No messing around. Which is no small task when looking at recent history. I'm sure Pruitt gets this. It looks like the velocity at which he's attacking recruiting speaks to his understanding of the circumstances regarding our yearly scheduling concerns.

We'll see soon enough.

Not really concerned about that 5 game stretch.

I’m more concerned with the stretch of South Carolina Mizzou KY Vandy (not in any particular order). If we drop all of those, then we have a problem with our new HC in year one.

Just as likely he cracks under the pressure of not having Bama or FSU level talent for the foreseeable future.

He isn't a winner as a head coach until they start winning games.

It's time for these multimillionaire coaches for UT to put up or shut up. It's not Pruitt's doing but his leash is shorter than the previous failures this program has brought in.

That's just funny there.

There is a formula to schedule. It isn't arbitrary. Each team plays all six teams from their division, a standing opponent from the other division, and the eighth game is rotated throughout the remaining teams in the other division.

Here's the rotation:

SEC-Schedule-Grid-2014-2025-640-278.png

Very useful. Thanks for posting.

VN Store

Back