Say what you t aut Holly but. . .

I think she was overrated coming out of high school and that happens a lot in the evaluations of women players. If you go by her lofty ranking 14.3 ppg and 50 percent field goal percentage do not measure up to a number one player. She is certainly not the only player that was overrated coming out of high school.

14.3 ppg and 50% FG are very solid numbers. Like I said, she was no Chiney, but she's hardly been a disappointment, and the individual awards and her place in Duke/ACC record books supports that she's lived up to expectations.

VolFan2012 - I have followed several of your recent posts and the LVs you called out are either overrated, poorly coached or tend to sleepwalk. I hope your holidays were more joyful for you than your perspective toward the women's basketball team.

When every player except two were five star recruits you should expect far better than what has occurred with this team. Recruiting has been in the top five every year except the last one yet we've never finished in the top five. It is not wrong to have high expectations for players that were high school All-Americans. My expectations will always be high because these players have that kind of ability. It is up to them to push themselves to that level and a lot of them haven't been able to do it. They are all good players but none are great players.

Last edited:
I know some doesn't think she was wrong, but McCallie is a hot-head. From her twitter rants to throwing players under the bus, she doesn't take any responsibility for herself. Duke has lost a couple of players because of her. Including Sierra Calhoun who has decided to transfer now. She had UT listed in her final four along with ND, Uconn, and Duke. But I doubt McCallie release her to another D1 school.

I know some doesn't think she was wrong, but McCallie is a hot-head. From her twitter rants to throwing players under the bus, she doesn't take any responsibility for herself. Duke has lost a couple of players because of her. Including Sierra Calhoun who has decided to transfer now. She had UT listed in her final four along with ND, Uconn, and Duke. But I doubt McCallie release her to another D1 school.

If she doesn't want to look like Kansas State part 2, she has no choice but to release her to any school she wants to attend.

If she doesn't want to look like Kansas State part 2, she has no choice but to release her to any school she wants to attend.

Well it's a gimme that she won't be going to another ACC school. So that would eliminate Notre Dame. And I wouldn't be shocked to see JPM block UConn since they are on Duke's schedule.

McCallie is a lunatic, but she has never imposed any strange restrictions on transfers that I know of. And she's had plenty of opportunity to do so, as she's had several transfers.

I wonder if she winds up at Baylor. Seems Mulkey has had a strangely high number of transfers over the last few years.

VN Store

Back