Say it aint so! Please!

WOW!!! Even Clay himself (as egotistical as he is) would admit he was wrong.

How many times will you bring up that ridiculous article from Clay Travis? I'm just assuming the truth is hard for you to swallow.

After reading your posts this past week, I also assume you're one of those that backed Dooley until the end, and now that he's gone, you say no one could have rebuilt the dumpster fire that Jones took over.

It would be interesting to see your posts if Jones ends up not working out.

And before you put words in my mouth like you tend to others, no, I'm not saying to fire Jones.

Reactions: 1 person
How many times will you bring up that ridiculous article from Clay Travis? I'm just assuming the truth is hard for you to swallow.

After reading your posts this past week, I also assume you're one of those that backed Dooley until the end, and now that he's gone, you say no one could have rebuilt the dumpster fire that Jones took over.

And before you put words in my mouth like you tend to others, no, I'm not saying to fire Jones.
I'll use that line when it fits. And trust me it fits a lot of time right now.
And no, I was against the hiring of Dooley day one. And if you use logical criticism as a few have I won't say a word. But when I see something I consider ludicrous I'm going to call people on it.

Tough crowd even for an entertainer. I think the op was just making a stark observation. I don't think he was analyzing anything; or comparing anything other than the records thru 27 games. It was something I hadn't noticed, so therefore informative to me. Food for thought; as it were. Wow yall are something sometimes.

Finally, somebody gets it. Thanks.

Andd for the record, if truth AND logic are used I will have no issue.

I was just curious to check facts of Dooley's first three years versus Butch's first 2+ years in terms of NFL talent inherited. Dooley saw seven guys drafted to the NFL after he took over; Moore, Stocker, Jackson, Rivera, Thomas, Hunter and Patterson.

So far, Butch has seen three guys drafted; McCullers, Fulton and James. When you look at the current roster of Juniors and Seniors, some guys will obviously get drafted; Sutton, North, Maggitt, Reeves-Mabin, Howard. That's five and I may be missing a few. So after three years, it looks as if Dooley and Butch will have roughly the same # of players drafted during their tenures, maybe actually a few more for Butch depending on if guys like McNeil and Randolph get drafted.

Many people make a big deal out of Butch seeing zero players drafted in 2015 and point to that as proof that he inherited no talent, which while true, one can also point to 2012 for Dooley and note that he only had 1 guy drafted.

The synopsis is; Dooley and Butch Jones are following very similar paths so far. While many seem to be much more optimistic and hopeful now, in my opinion, that's due to Butch Jones being a much better communicator and salesman of the program than Dooley, but the facts in terms of wins-losses and NFL talent are eerily similar.

Exact same record at this point. But he is savior and no one really dogs him like they did Dooley

That is all I heard on sports talk yesterday and today

But it's true

How many top 5 recruiting classes did Dooley have? Butch got out coached in the 2nd half of the OU game for sure, but people jumping ship on him after that are ridiculous.

Lawd Jebus. Merge this with the other thread. I don't feel like digging out the facts behind this skin-deep bull**** comparison.

Dooley was never more than a 6 to 7 win coach. Butch will never be more than an 8 to 9 win coach. Butch is an improvement, but he won't win any championships at this level

At this point Dooley was in trouble for the Kentucky fiasco, but he had a little breathing room with the NC State win and Patterson looking like he was going to carry the team for the season. The wheels were about to fall off.

Everyone hated Dooley including his players. Nobody hates Butch except maybe Spurrier and some butt hurt media members. If Butch isn't the guy, he will be thought of as a good man that couldn't get it done. Dooley is thought of as an a$$hole that wrecked the program and left the cupboard bare.

Peyton Manning must believe in his coaching abilities to mention coming back here to coach under him.I don't recall Jon Gruden praising Dooley like he has Butch either. There is no comparison here. We are on our way back!

Which coach broke the streak against Kentucky? Yea the clown before butch.
So! All butch has done is win one of only 2 games against ranked teams since the invention of the Internet and win a bowl game for the first time since our current players were in diapers.

It's not one game. You are forgetting the UF game last year? That was another pathetic and cowardly coaching performance by CBJ that ended up in horrible loss against the coach who was so bad that he ended up getting fired.

That horrible coach that got fired also beat the brakes off of Mark Richt. But I digress. Even good coaches lose.

Everyone hated Dooley including his players. Nobody hates Butch except maybe Spurrier and some butt hurt media members.

That's irrelevant. A lot of people including their own players have over they years had problems with successful coaches like Saban, Belichick, Urban Meyer, Spurrier, Bobby Knight, etc.
You don't have to be liked to be successful - actually if you are too well liked it probably means you are not pushing the players hard enough.

VN Store

Back