Saw this article

Tennessee’s scored one fewer touchdowns than Jeff Driskel-impaired Florida this season despite playing another full game.

The Florida game will haunt this team if they can't get the 6 wins.

Reactions: 2 people
Giving Coach Jake the ax would be a big mistake. I don't know that even Gus Malzahn would be putting up a bunch of points with this offensive line.

I'm not say that the jury isn't still out on Coach Jake. Merely that it's virtually impossible to evaluate with the O-line situation. Fwiw, we have put up big points against teams that have not been able to exploit the O-line weaknesses nearly as much (see Utah State).

Also

Tennessee’s scored one fewer touchdowns than Jeff Driskel-impaired Florida this season despite playing another full game.

This is misleading. Florida scored most of their points against Eastern Michigan (65-0) and in a triple overtime game versus Kentucky (36-30). If anything, this shows just how awful Florida's offense has become. We're nearly outscoring them against superior competition and with much less depth and talent

Last edited:
I'm not saying fire anyone just saw the article, and thought it was interesting they had him on the list.

SDS is full of troll writers. You should see their Vols page, it's nothing but constant bashing or "West is best" crap.

Reactions: 1 person
Jake has been dealt a sorry hand for sure. However, his complete inability to create something different is worrisome. Why he's running the exact same thing after it's been proven not to work gives me serious reservations about his future and ability to lead an offense to a championship level.

Reactions: 6 people
Jake has been dealt a sorry hand for sure. However, his complete inability to create something different is worrisome. Why he's running the exact same thing after it's been proven not to work gives me serious reservations about his future and ability to lead an offense to a championship level.

I will agree with that, my concern as well Good coaches adapt to the situation they have, and make adjustments to what works, heck go with what works half of the time. Were dead on offense completly. I expect a three and out every series.

Karl Dorrell should have been fired in the rain after Temple pants-ed him and spanked his azz.

I told my brother after Mississippi scored their first TD, that I thought 14 was insurmountable that's...just a bad feeling to have, it's almost like we've been seeing a return of the Clawfense.

Also yes UF scored a ton of points against EMU to pad their average, but we have also played UTC.

I think the article nailed it. We have good skilled people, but are unable due poor line performance and a bad offensive scheme to get the ball to them in a position to make something happen. Quick-hitting plays would seem to be the way to go when the line is struggling, instead of long developing pass plays, delayed runs, or double reverses.

I told my brother after Mississippi scored their first TD, that I thought 14 was insurmountable that's...just a bad feeling to have, it's almost like we've been seeing a return of the Clawfense.

Also yes UF scored a ton of points against EMU to pad their average, but we have also played UTC.

I think the article nailed it. We have good skilled people, but are unable due poor line performance and a bad offensive scheme to get the ball to them in a position to make something happen. Quick-hitting plays would seem to be the way to go when the line is struggling, instead of long developing pass plays, delayed runs, or double reverses.

Amen

Yeah every OC should have a checklist in their head. If this element is weak I will do this. If this isn't working, I will switch to this. He does not have that checklist.

I seriously doubt that Butch let's him go just for the simple fact that he has had success running his offense in the past. I really believe that he will get another year to try to get it to work with "their recruits."
Not sure how I feel about this at this moment. I know I am ready to see a respectable offense on the field, that's for certain! And I am not sure that Bajakian can make that happen in the SEC or not. I guess we will see next year or maybe we will see a new guy.
Its up to Butch.
I just want to win and I want to win bad!

This again. I don't profess to know more than the coaches but I don't understand why we haven't adjusted to get the ball out of Worley's hands quicker. I'm guessing there have been more than I remember, but I can only think of 1 quick slant in a meaningful game this year, might have been early in the Georgia game (go figure).

VN Store

Back