Savannah Police Shooting

If he was in handcuffs did the cop have to shoot him? Wouldn't a taser be more appropriate?

At least per the Georgia Bureau of Investigation the suspect managed to get his hands in front of his body and had a gun that the officer saw. If you have a handgun that you can get to easily I'm not going to bet my life on drawing a taser, even if he had one.

Reactions: 1 person
@Jeremy11alive 3m

Advanced Police Officer David Jannot, 10-year vet of depart, has been placed on paid administrative leave #11alive #Savannah

Seems that way, the officer will probably be fired though for failing to notice the handgun during the initial pat down.

Yeah if he had gone through the proper motions and patted him down properly this never would've happened.

Looks like this is what happened in the Savannah case:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Y3uPs_I4I[/youtube]

@Jeremy11alive 3m

Advanced Police Officer David Jannot, 10-year vet of depart, has been placed on paid administrative leave #11alive #Savannah

Paid administrative leave seems to be sop in LE when the firearm is uses. one of the guys that I know had to take one and the guy just lost a pinkie (I kinda give him shiz for that).

This guy might be grounded for a bit but if it was a clean shoot, even with failing to identify the gun, I don't think he'll get a pink slip.

Yeah if he had gone through the proper motions and patted him down properly this never would've happened.

How about the derelict didn't break the law in the first place? How about the fool didn't kick out the window of the police car? You liberal pansies drive me nuts..... It's always somebody else's fault

Reactions: 4 people
If he was in handcuffs did the cop have to shoot him? Wouldn't a taser be more appropriate?

You want to charge into the 21 foot range of the Taser while the suspect has a gun?

Yeah, didn't think so...

VN Store

Back