Saturday's Vol Legend - Casey Clausen

The fat or skinny Val?

ice.jpg

One of my favorite Clausen games was beating Miami 10-6 at Miami and stopping their winning streak. I was always a Clausen fan and felt like he richly deserves to be included in the same sentence with Andy, Heath, Peyton, Tee, and Casey. What a long string of great QBs that was! And beating Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl while I lived in Fort Worth. Ah, to beat Texas A&M 38-7 now!

Casey "gator killer" Clausen in da house. If that ain't motivation to beat floriduh then nothing is.

Reactions: 1 person
One of my favorite Clausen games was beating Miami 10-6 at Miami and stopping their winning streak. I was always a Clausen fan and felt like he richly deserves to be included in the same sentence with Andy, Heath, Peyton, Tee, and Casey. What a long string of great QBs that was! And beating Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl while I lived in Fort Worth. Ah, to beat Texas A&M 38-7 now!

That wasn't Casey. That was Rick.

Reactions: 2 people
I hated The Clausens, both of them. West coast pretty boys that think somebody owed them something. Neither one of them could play in bad weather.
I can't remember how many fumbles Casey had against Florida in Neyland During the downpour game I think it was 7-8. Then the fumble on the goal line against Georgia before halftime still haunts me.

I hated The Clausens, both of them. West coast pretty boys that think somebody owed them something. Neither one of them could play in bad weather.
I can't remember how many fumbles Casey had against Florida in Neyland During the downpour game I think it was 7-8. Then the fumble on the goal line against Georgia before halftime still haunts me.

Don't look at the mistakes he made, as they all have done that. I always remember Casey as being one of the most underrated QB's we have ever had. He was one tough kid. That's what I remember about him, and like others have said, how he could win on the road. I don't think we ever really appreciated Casey until he graduated, and then we suffered through some not so good QB's.

Reactions: 3 people
Roughly 92% of our problems back then can be attributed to 3rd and Chavis.

92% is way too high, but it was so crazy how many long 3rd downs we gave up especially to Florida over the years. I loved Chief, but LSU is suffering from that same problem now. Chief needs to mix it up more or something, everyone has him figured out now, it's not just Spurrier.

One of my favorite memories of Casey was in his first start against Bama, I think it was 2000. He got flushed out of the pocket and his helmet was knocked/ripped off and he kept scrambling for a first down. Won me over right there with his toughness.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back