Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+

Just a thought: I looked at the Edge the last time I was in the market for a phone, and I told the sales rep that the curved screen looked more prone to damage (without a solid rim protecting it). He quickly offered that they had a very high rate of cracked displays.

I've had an Edge 7 for a year without a case and not so much a scratch. It uses tougher glass than the iPhones do

Anyone get one? I like the curved screen and the wireless charging pad looks awesome imo.

Don't seem a lot on here did from my other S8 thread below this one.

I like my new S8 plus. From 0% to fully charged is 1hr and 20 minutes and the battery life is very good. My wife only charges hers every other night. The curved screen is nice. I used invisible glass on mine and a clear case on the back.

The wireless convertible pad will be my next purchase for both phones. This is the first phone with Bluetooth 5.0, it has twice the speed and four times the range of BT4.2 allowing the user to be 800ft away from the phone and still be connected.The BT5.0 can also push audio to two pairs of BT headphones at the same time from one phone.

Didn't even see the other thread. My bad. Merged.

Don't seem a lot on here did from my other S8 thread below this one.

I like my new S8 plus. From 0% to fully charged is 1hr and 20 minutes and the battery life is very good. My wife only charges hers every other night. The curved screen is nice. I used invisible glass on mine and a clear case on the back.

The wireless convertible pad will be my next purchase for both phones. This is the first phone with Bluetooth 5.0, it has twice the speed and four times the range of BT4.2 allowing the user to be 800ft away from the phone and still be connected.The BT5.0 can also push audio to two pairs of BT headphones at the same time from one phone.

Invisible glass? Is that your screen protector? The Zagg one?

I broke down and picked up the S8+ yesterday and a wireless charging pad. I've been pleased with it so far. I need to find a good screen protector though. The one's Verizon sells apparently don't adhere to the phone well because of the curved glass.

Invisible glass? Is that your screen protector? The Zagg one?

I broke down and picked up the S8+ yesterday and a wireless charging pad. I've been pleased with it so far. I need to find a good screen protector though. The one's Verizon sells apparently don't adhere to the phone well because of the curved glass.

It's made by Qmadix and is called liquid glass. $40 bucks per one phone screen application. Here's the package and I will see if I can find the test videos next.

Attachments

• QM-ITALSP-P_n.jpg
    QM-ITALSP-P_n.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 108
[Youtube]http://youtu.be/atF92f3qQ3Q[/Youtube]

Different brand but same stuff. If you look at glass under a microscope it actually won't be smooth, it will look like mountains. This stuff fills in those voids like a hard epoxy. I'm pleased with it so far. The reason I went this route was to get a clear one piece case on the back of my wife's phone so the orchid gray(purple) could be seen.

Samsung Microsd Evo 256GB cards are popping up all over ebay from $100 to $150(retail $250). If you can get by for a few months with the factory 64GB on the phone the 512GB made by samsung should be out in a few months. Read about some horror stories of off brand microsd card getting hot and burning up in phones.

Last edited:
Freak you get the flat charging pad or the convertible? I could see the Dex connector for the pc useful to you. Look at it if you haven't already. I ordered my wife the LED case that allows you to work the screen even while closed. Been on the Samsung forums helping a few and pointing out bugs in their shop Samsung app. They slung me four 30% off promo codes for anything $69.99 or less. If you want one let me know and I'll email you one.

If you have watched the liquid glass video, are you sold on it yet? Lol. Some crazy technology in that stuff.

Edit: Just looked, the promo codes wouldn't work for You, they're tied to the serial# of my phone.

Last edited:
[Youtube]http://youtu.be/atF92f3qQ3Q[/Youtube]

Different brand but same stuff. If you look at glass under a microscope it actually won't be smooth, it will look like mountains. This stuff fills in those voids like a hard epoxy. I'm pleased with it so far. The reason I went this route was to get a clear one piece case on the back of my wife's phone so the orchid gray(purple) could be seen.

Samsung Microsd Evo 256GB cards are popping up all over ebay from $100 to $150(retail $250). If you can get by for a few months with the factory 64GB on the phone the 512GB made by samsung should be out in a few months. Read about some horror stories of off brand microsd card getting hot and burning up in phones.

I'm surprised I've never seen this stuff before. Interesting.

Freak you get the flat charging pad or the convertible? I could see the Dex connector for the pc useful to you. Look at it if you haven't already. I ordered my wife the LED case that allows you to work the screen even while closed. Been on the Samsung forums helping a few and pointing out bugs in their shop Samsung app. They slung me four 30% off promo codes for anything $69.99 or less. If you want one let me know and I'll email you one.

If you have watched the liquid glass video, are you sold on it yet? Lol. Some crazy technology in that stuff.

Edit: Just looked, the promo codes wouldn't work for You, they're tied to the serial# of my phone.
I have this one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170502-031842.jpg
    Screenshot_20170502-031842.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm surprised I've never seen this stuff before. Interesting.

Me neither. The guy in the Verizon store in Powell swore by it. The next video after you watch that one is a tablet with this stuff on half the screen compared to a screen protector on half the screen. No comparison. If you can trust it that means you only need a case that pops on the back and wraps the sides.

Me neither. The guy in the Verizon store in Powell swore by it. The next video after you watch that one is a tablet with this stuff on half the screen compared to a screen protector on half the screen. No comparison. If you can trust it that means you only need a case that pops on the back and wraps the sides.

Seems like the reviews online are mixed.

I really don't want to hide this phone behind a case. I'm thinking about a clear wrap on the back, maybe.

I think there was a discussion of this once before, but what's the difference between Samsung pay and Android pay? Is one better than the other?

If Apple disappoints me again I will get an s8. Just not a big android fan

I'm kind of a phone junkie so I'll probably sell one and get the iPhone 8 when it comes out.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The edge-to-edge screen on the s8 is unmatched. And wireless charging is nice. I love Google Now and prefer the way Android handles notifications.

I miss the Apple widget screen with my custom widgets. And in most cases I feel like Apple apps are better. Of course, my kids look down their nose at me if I'm not using iMessage. Lol.

I have the older one, not the fast charge one. I never use it because it's too slow compared to the fast chargers.

From what I've read the wireless fast charge seems to charge about 1% per minute, roughly.

So when I have my phone on the wireless charger, the screen doesn't come on and show the notification. I've tried with Always On Display turned on and off. I'm guessing there's a setting I'm missing. Any thoughts?

So when I have my phone on the wireless charger, the screen doesn't come on and show the notification. I've tried with Always On Display turned on and off. I'm guessing there's a setting I'm missing. Any thoughts?

I found the setting to show notifications on the lock screen and it's on. Seems like I'm having several issues, in addition to this one. My auto brightness toggle keeps disappearing. And my AOD is so DIM I can barely see it, regardless of the setting. It wasn't that way yesterday.

I'm going to do a factory reset and try again. Otherwise, I guess it's going back.

I found the setting to show notifications on the lock screen and it's on. Seems like I'm having several issues, in addition to this one. My auto brightness toggle keeps disappearing. And my AOD is so DIM I can barely see it, regardless of the setting. It wasn't that way yesterday.

I'm going to do a factory reset and try again. Otherwise, I guess it's going back.

Try this

drag down the notification shade, and then drag it down again to see the full list of quick toggles. See the brightness control slider here? Hit the down-facing arrow next to the slider to expand the brightness settings, then enable the Show control on top option. That’s it: you will now be able to control display brightness from the main notification shade again. Enabling or disabling auto brightness is still an extra step as you have to hit the arrow next to the brightness slider, but we’re hoping Samsung will fix this with a future update.

Does your phone under the display settings have an outdoor mode under the brightness or auto brightness?

When I click display in settings the first thing I have is a brightness toggle slider. Right below that is a Auto Brightness option that you can turn on and off. Mine is on.

When I click display in settings the first thing I have is a brightness toggle slider. Right below that is a Auto Brightness option that you can turn on and off. Mine is on.

My auto brightness vanished and I had outdoor mode instead. And the always on display was too dim to read. No luck with a factory reset. I exchanged it this afternoon. Hopefully I have better luck with this one.

VN Store

Back