Salute To The USU Faithful

"Act like you've been here before, and like you expect to be here again"

This says it all. We're Tennessee fer crissakes. Quit acting like Vandy.

We've been here before. We've had lots of overconfident fanbases come here and write checks their team couldn't cash.

Reactions: 3 people
It's sanctimony.

It shows your opponent and their fanbase no respect to gently pat them on their head and send them kindly on their way. I'd be insulted if the Bammers treated us that way. That simply means your opponent thinks you aren't in their league. It's patronizing, and has no place in the tradition of great college football rivalries. Sure, treat Austin Peay fans that way but since Utah State wants to play with the big boys, they deserve the simple respect of our collective ire (within reason obviously).

So let me be the first to say, and I mean this as a sign of respect to a well coached team that played really hard,

I DON"T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE WHOLE STATE OF UTAH!!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqOpdgd0bX8[/youtube]

You say this, yet you seem to have missed the 100+ posts crying about the disrespect from Spurrier. Can't have it both ways.

It's one thing to badmouth a rival and historically powerful team, and a completely different thing to badmouth teams that aren't. And while USU is not nearly as bad as Austin Peay or Montana, they don't deserve the ridicule that our fanbase gives out. Some people act like a schoolyard bully to smaller teams, but the minute a big team does the same to us, they cry about it.

Sat across from USU fan section. We remarked how they travelled a long way & brought more fans tha vandie usually does. They supported their boys & stayed to the end. Kudos!:)

Reactions: 9 people
You say this, yet you seem to have missed the 100+ posts crying about the disrespect from Spurrier. Can't have it both ways.

It's one thing to badmouth a rival and historically powerful team, and a completely different thing to badmouth teams that aren't. And while USU is not nearly as bad as Austin Peay or Montana, they don't deserve the ridicule that our fanbase gives out. Some people act like a schoolyard bully to smaller teams, but the minute a big team does the same to us, they cry about it.

When we went on Oregon boards and ran our mouths last year, we deserved every shred of derision they could muster. When USU flooded our board, disrespecting our board and team, then went back to their own to make threads laughing about it...they created every shred of derision they'll find here. When they mocked us because "all you can do is brag about losing to good teams", they sealed their fate here.

If they'd come here confident, respectful and reasonable, it would be a completely different Monday morning for them around here.

I say kudos to the reasonable fans we had here from USU. You have a good mid-major team that will finish well, and I hope you win your conference. To the others, learn from this experience and tread softly the next time you have a P5 on your schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
When we went on Oregon boards and ran our mouths last year, we deserved every shred of derision they could muster. When USU flooded our board, disrespecting our board and team, then went back to their own to make threads laughing about it...they created every shred of derision they'll find here. When they mocked us because "all you can do is brag about losing to good teams", they sealed their fate here.

If they'd come here confident, respectful and reasonable, it would be a completely different Monday morning for them around here.

I say kudos to the reasonable fans we had here from USU. You have a good mid-major team that will finish well, and I hope you win your conference. To the others, learn from this experience and tread softly the next time you have a P5 on your schedule.

All the more reason for our fanbase to act better. We've been on both sides of it now, and whine and complain when big teams talk smack about us, yet are accepting of giving it out to a MWC team. Have we really stooped that low? And people wonder why we get no respect from the media.

It's not like people decided to road trip it to Utah and talk **** to all their fans.

They came to our message board and talked ****. They talked **** about us on their message board, and so they got what they dished out in the end.

Hey, I'm not here to apologize for the whiniest of our fans. We've earned about every barb we've received the past decade. We let a great program wither on the vine and then hired Lane Kiffin and Derick Dooley to try and fix it.

When Spurrier used to say, "You can't spell Citrus Bowl without UT" it was really damn funny and it was true. If I had my way, opposing fanbases and coaches would do nothing but insult Tennessee football all day long. The more salt in the wound the better.

Since the level of sensitivity in this thread is a little high for me, I will leave you with a poem by the great James Wright which describes what football is actually about and be gone.

Autumn Begins in Martins Ferry, Ohio

James Wright, 1927 - 1980

In the Shreve High football stadium,
I think of Polacks nursing long beers in Tiltonsville,
And gray faces of Negroes in the blast furnace at Benwood,
And the ruptured night watchman of Wheeling Steel,
Dreaming of heroes.

All the proud fathers are ashamed to go home.
Their women cluck like starved pullets,
Dying for love.

Therefore,
Their sons grow suicidally beautiful
At the beginning of October,
And gallop terribly against each otherÂ’s bodies.

Don't want to get a piss fight started...however, you could be a little bigger than this group of comments. Have a little class and be humble in your victory. No reason for the third class white trash comments.

Reactions: 4 people
All the more reason for our fanbase to act better. We've been on both sides of it now, and whine and complain when big teams talk smack about us, yet are accepting of giving it out to a MWC team. Have we really stooped that low? And people wonder why we get no respect from the media.

You really think ESPN and CBS sports are trolling VN and worrying about fan responses to disrespectful USU fans? OK. Whatever.

I have seen very little from our fanbase that exceeds: "We told you. Where are you now?" While they came on here and disrespected out program, they invariably finished with: "I'll be here after the game win or lose."

Well?

Some folks around here need to get their panties out of such a twist.

Don't want to get a piss fight started...however, you could be a little bigger than this group of comments. Have a little class and be humble in your victory. No reason for the third class white trash comments.

You can look at my recent posts and see what I've posted. I wouldn't consider anything I've written to be white trash, 3rd rate. And it's a bit disingenuous to start of by claiming you don't want to start a fight, then finish off by calling me white trash, 3rd rate.

You really think ESPN and CBS sports are trolling VN and worrying about fan responses to disrespectful USU fans? OK. Whatever.

I have seen very little from our fanbase that exceeds: "We told you. Where are you now?" While they came on here and disrespected out program, they invariably finished with: "I'll be here after the game win or lose."

Well?

Yeah, they do. Like those that belittle some people and then cry when it happens to them. You're sitting here complaining about what a MWC fanbase does, while several of our own have done the exact same thing the past 4 years and then cry when they were treated like you're treating USU fans. Easy to pick on the little guy, but once your size starts picking it's no fun, right?

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, they do. Like those that belittle some people and then cry when it happens to them. You're sitting here complaining about what a MWC fanbase does, while several of our own have done the exact same thing the past 4 years and then cry when they were treated like you're treating USU fans. Easy to pick on the little guy, but once your size starts picking it's no fun, right?

Specifically, how am I treating USU fans?

"Act like you've been here before, and like you expect to be here again"

This says it all. We're Tennessee fer crissakes. Quit acting like Vandy.

We're ALWAYS here!!...this is our house!...you wanna come visit? COOL !...we'll hang!...you start stomping mud into our couch? WE CHARLIE MURPHY YA!! :aggressive:

Well?

"When USU flooded our board, disrespecting our board and team, then went back to their own to make threads laughing about it...they created every shred of derision they'll find here. "

Hmmm...seems like there's a lot of panty twisting going on here.

"When USU flooded our board, disrespecting our board and team, then went back to their own to make threads laughing about it...they created every shred of derision they'll find here. "

None at all. I'm having a reasonable discussion. I've also been called out for how I've been treating their fanbase. You can click on my username and look at recent posts. I'll ask again... Specifically how am I treating them? You can quote me.

Mind dropping those thongs whilst you preach? :hi:

Yah, that kind of stuff may not be taken well--about as well as the incest, toothless, trailer park, uneducated jokes. Let's not act like Aggie fans were the bastion of reason and enlightenment when they came over.

All that aside, the conversations usually went:

Them: "You guys can't even win 6 games a year. We've played better teams than you close."

Us: "Here is a detailed, position by position analysis why you will be disappointed."

Them: "SEC homers. P5 schools are so arrogant."

Us: "See you on the 31st."

Kudos to Travel Aggie, but I have a question. Exactly what did the 1% do? I saw people on here--I was one--that pushed back against all the Aggie talk about you keeping it close and/or beating us. I saw several of us listing reasons why you were under-valuing the Vols.

Then we would usually just say: "We'll see on the field." I'm not sure how that makes us jerks. That makes us knowledgeable fans. Hope the Aggies have a great season and win out.

Wonder if Akaggie03 has cleared his internet history already.

Never posted on their board. They have some real vitriol surfacing over there tho.

Yes we have. But they had a certain segment of their fandom making a point of crawling around here trolling hard. It'd be nice to see at least one show up, hat in hand, and make amends. It won't happen. But it would be nice to see that there was at least one man among them.

I heard our student section was taunting their team.

Or something. lulz

I believe the above are all of my posts about Aggies since the win last night. This is what got me called 3rd rate white trash.

Some folks need to gain a little context and enjoy the win.

None at all. I'm having a reasonable discussion. I've also been called out for how I've been treating their fanbase. You can click on my username and look at recent posts. I'll ask again... Specifically how am I treating them? You can quote me.

You missed my point. It just seems to me that you are overly concerned about the "derisive" comments from the fans of an average mid major football team, yet you point out how others have their panties twisted. A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.

You missed my point. It just seems to me that you are overly concerned about the "derisive" comments from the fans of an average mid major football team, yet you point out how others have their panties twisted. A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.

Not at all. I'm trying to explain the responses from some of the Vol fans, and point out that I haven't seen anything all that terrible. thought that should be plain to a reasonable reader of my posts.

Maybe I missed the horrible posts by our fans and you can point them out to me--especially considering the "white trash, 3rd rate" comment directed at me when I haven't even really said much of anything toward USU.

Not at all. I'm trying to explain the responses from some of the Vol fans, and point out that I haven't seen anything all that terrible. thought that should be plain to a reasonable reader of my posts.

Maybe I missed the horrible posts by our fans and you can point them out to me--especially considering the "white trash, 3rd rate" comment directed at me when I haven't even really said much of anything toward USU.

JMO, but I would learn to ignore those kinds of posts from our fans or anyone else's. That's knda my whole point....

it's not like people decided to road trip it to utah and talk **** to all their fans.

They came to our message board and talked ****. They talked **** about us on their message board, and so they got what they dished out in the end.

exactamundo!

Hey now. We Aggie fans didn't come a long way for nothin. We got our asses handed to us but like your fans, most of us don't talk ****. Besides a few drunken frat boys I have never been treated better at every corner we turned then here in Knoxville. Tennessee fans are first class and know how to feed and get us out of towners drunk. I guarantee not a single Aggie fan here talked smack to anyone and in return your fans were amazing. Good luck the rest of the season. Get some good wins so we don't look so bad

thanks for coming and posting with accuracy what Utah St fans experienced rather than the drama queen junk that happened here last night.

Good grief. Just this week I've been called a Candy fan and a USU fan. What was I thinking sitting in section C tonight with my #8 orange jersey?

Should tell you something about your posts... very difficult to discern much UT love in them.

VN Store

Back