SALT Tax Provision Impacting High State Tax Budgets

Higher tax states regularly subsidize lower tax states, and have for awhile.

So I don't understand why this argument is used by blue state peeps who generally complain that rich people don't pay enough taxes.

If you look at individual households, the bottom 50% contribute nothing in Fed income taxes and the top earning households nearly completely subsidize the bottom 50%. Why is that not only okay but not "fair enough" but living in a blue state that subsidizes some red states is a problem?

Also, we see how this occurs - the blue states tend to have the higher earners.

If you argue the rich should pay more then you are also arguing the blue states should subsidize the red states more but I rarely hear that argument.

Reactions: 4 people
Everybody should be paying less taxes. You guys become communists when it comes to taxes. You want **** to be equally bad. We should want **** to be better.
You are 180 out chump. THEY want their problems to continue being OUR problems, and we don't GAS about their problems and are tired of paying for them. They can foot their own bills from now on. They are free to pay less taxes if they want to. They have to take it up with THEIR local officials.

Reactions: 1 person
higher tax states regularly subsidize lower tax states, and have for awhile.

so i don't understand why this argument is used by blue state peeps who generally complain that rich people don't pay enough taxes.

If you look at individual households, the bottom 50% contribute nothing in fed income taxes and the top earning households nearly completely subsidize the bottom 50%. Why is that not only okay but not "fair enough" but living in a blue state that subsidizes some red states is a problem?

Also, we see how this occurs - the blue states tend to have the higher earners.

If you argue the rich should pay more then you are also arguing the blue states should subsidize the red states more but i rarely hear that argument.

/thread

That's not a good thing IMO, those damn people come down here to escape high taxes and then vote for the same crap that got them high taxes in their old state.

Exactly why the biggest chunk of FL is screwed and doesn't even fit in with the rest of the South - despite being surrounded by southern states or water. The damn yankees all brought a little piece of home with them. It's like one of those crazy weird SciFi films where the people are doomed because they brought with them exactly what they were fleeing.

If GA doesn't exorcise Atlanta, it's next. NC and Charlotte, too; and Nashville appears to be working hard to fall in line with them.

My FIL was saying something about people in Austin moving into the hill country and living in rehabbed barns to pay farm tax rates instead of residential.

I could go for big rooms and open living spaces! Way too tired of wedging stuff the wife acquires into too small artificial boxes. The most fantastic find would be a place that doesn't connect to Amazon and UPS doesn't know about!

I could go for big rooms and open living spaces! Way too tired of wedging stuff the wife acquires into too small artificial boxes. The most fantastic find would be a place that doesn't connect to Amazon and UPS doesn't know about!

Gotta take the good with the bad. Found some 130V incandescent bulbs on Amazon. Can't find them anywhere where I live.

Not a myth. Even with SALT, high tax states like California and NY pay more in to the feds than they take out. Many of the red States take out more than they pay in.

Those charts would have you believe it's all welfare because they don't break down what the "payments" are. For instance, they don't go into federal salaries and retirements - who retires to NY anyway? They don't go into where and why military installations are one place vs another (think about available training days and population density). Just, far too many things never addressed, but they sure can make the numbers look impressive - those liberal lies.

Reactions: 2 people
Those charts would have you believe it's all welfare because they don't break down what the "payments" are. For instance, they don't go into federal salaries and retirements - who retires to NY anyway? They don't go into where and why military installations are one place vs another (think about available training days and population density). Just, far too many things never addressed, but they sure can make the numbers look impressive - those liberal lies.

Stop messing with the narrative

Gotta take the good with the bad. Found some 130V incandescent bulbs on Amazon. Can't find them anywhere where I live.

True, and I'm guilty of ordering from Amazon, too - just easier to order an AC part from Amazon rather than drive someplace to get it - and definitely not paying an AC place to deliver and install it. My wife was away for three weeks, and we only had one UPS delivery - a package for next door - probably the delivery guy suffering from UPS withdrawal syndrome.

True, and I'm guilty of ordering from Amazon, too - just easier to order an AC part from Amazon rather than drive someplace to get it - and definitely not paying an AC place to deliver and install it. My wife was away for three weeks, and we only had one UPS delivery - a package for next door - probably the delivery guy suffering from UPS withdrawal syndrome.
LOL. That's bad when they deliver to your house accidentally out of force of habit

VN Store

Back