Safe Spaces

It all started with bicycle helmets and soccer.

Bicycle helmets! HA.

When I was younger I had a Redline BMX bike. We constructed a dirt style half pipe and would ride on that thing all day doing tricks. None of us wore helmets and there were no serious injuries. I still refuse to wear a helmet but I don't bike down busy streets either.

liberalism at it's finest.

one thing i'll never have to worry about is my job being lost to that generation.

It's not that obvious from my experiences in the business world. The younger employees are looking for ways to collaborate / integrate, while the older ones take differing opinions as personal attacks.

...and Volprof has it right here, it's just as much a struggle to disagree with a conservative baby boomer as it is a progressive millennial. One got coddled by the state, the other by academia. They're both well versed in getting their feelings hurt.

coddled by the state? that's not called a conservative baby boomer, that's called a welfare recipient.

Reactions: 3 people
@nuswomcam: Some delegates are requesting that we move to jazz hands rather than clapping, as it's triggering anxiety. Please be mindful! #nuswomen15

Reactions: 1 person
I read this article the other day. My generation is being completely ruined by the far progressive left SJW crowd who's afraid to step out of their hugbox and be challenged. The "1 in 5 women are victims of sexual assault" number that gets passed around is just flat out dishonest and 3rd wave "feminists" have done a great job at trivializing rape and sexual assault. The part about being uncomfortable hearing another side from their deeply held beliefs absolutely floored me.

Reactions: 2 people
You know Ill be that guy..yeah get over it. That goes for anything.

Something bad happened to you? Ok address it in therapy or talking to your pet rock, analyze the situation that led to the incident and take steps to avoid it.

The whole rape culture thing is classic fear mongering.

Wow, you just changed everything. It's all so simple now! Are you a victim of rape, child abuse, ptsd, etc? Well just get over it you whiney *****!

This is ground breaking stuff

Wow, you just changed everything. It's all so simple now! Are you a victim of rape, child abuse, ptsd, etc? Well just get over it you whiney *****!

Oh come on Pj. We are talking about a group of ideologues who use a flawed statistic on sexual assault and whos definition of sexual assault is so broad to begin with that asking a girl out to dinner could be considered it to them. The real world doesn't do you any favors and simply having your world view challenged shouldn't make you crawl I to a corner like a toddler.

Oh come on Pj. We are talking about a group of ideologues who use a flawed statistic on sexual assault and whos definition of sexual assault is so broad to begin with that asking a girl out to dinner could be considered it to them. The real world doesn't do you any favors and simply having your world view challenged shouldn't make you crawl I to a corner like a toddler.
Who cares? Just get over it. It's really that simple no matter what had happened in your life. If you can't do that you're obviously a liberal, coddled pansy

Who cares? Just get over it. It's really that simple no matter what had happened in your life. If you can't do that you're obviously a liberal, coddled pansy

A person has two choices when bad shizz happens to them. Get over it and move on with your life or don't.

Perfect! No sympathy for those who don't either. Just suck it up buttercup

Sure I have sympathy and so does Hog, it's just after a period of time, one needs to move past what has happened and get on with their lives. Notice we aren't saying rape here, we are saying sexual assault. We are talking about anything from rape to an unwanted kiss. Like I said before, the SALT card. The second best "get out of jail free card" since the race card. As I believe that not all racism is racism, not all sexual assault is sexual assault.

If you can side with the "everyone accused of sexual assault is guilty" crowd, then you can side with the "everyone convicted of a capital crime can be put to death crowd".

That's exactly what is being explained in this article - except about this generation. This isn't an article about how kids aren't forced to work on the farm like they used to be. It's about how they protest those they disagree with and demand universities echo their disgust.

Yep

That's exactly what is being explained in this article - except about this generation. This isn't an article about how kids aren't forced to work on the farm like they used to be. It's about how they protest those they disagree with and demand universities echo their disgust.

Which is exactly what each generation preceding it has done.

Perfect! No sympathy for those who don't either. Just suck it up buttercup

I see where you're coming from, and I agree in principle

But college is supposed to be preparation for the real world. There are very few "safe spaces" in the real world. I'm not simplifying things down to "just get over it". I think the more important process is to learn how to deal in a productive way. "Safe spaces" are infantilizing, and are thus the exact opposite of productive.

But college is supposed to be preparation for the real world. There are very few "safe spaces" in the real world. I'm not simplifying things down to "just get over it". I think the more important process is to learn how to deal in a productive way. "Safe spaces" are infantilizing, and are thus the exact opposite of productive.

So much this. Modern day feminism and critical theory has created a breed of people who are scared of their own shadow and have criminalized in their minds a large portion of the Western world by being guilty of the most heinous of crimes: being a white heterosexual male. They've created false statistics using extremely small sample sizes and horribly worded questions. They have created a moral panic that's quite ridiculous. I mean have you seen the "Street harassment" video? Yes there were some things that were probably slightly inappropriate but come on, according to that video saying good morning to a beautiful woman is Street harassment. Heaven forbid you wear the wrong shirt when you land a mother ****ing space ship on a mother ****ing comet. The feminist army will have your azz. The whole movement is infantilizing women and minorities and encourages groupthink.

Reactions: 2 people

I didnt say just get over it, I said work through it and forge ahead. I've been through traumatic sh!t in my life and dealt with it through various means. I sure as hell don't dwell on it and let it control my day to day living.

And rape statistics are way overblown. Most "victims" with NO medical evidence are just embarrassed at the walk of shame or being labeled a whore. The sexual assault route is the easy path to take to embrace their perceived victimization and get a little revenge on a guy. I had a girlfriend tell me she smoked weed for the first time with a guy and then they had consensual sex. She blamed "the weed" for making her have sex with him and decided she was raped. Yeah..

Last edited:

High School and College coddles the youth. You are right on with the safe spaces not existing in the real world. This is why a lot of the younger generation can't cope with the harsh realities of life. They expect life to be "fair", and they expect to be indispensable because they were raised as special and a true individual. Toss in participation trophy culture and you have literally set up thousands upon thousands for failure. Upon reaching failure they will bemoan life's unfairness and how they "deserve" things.

I see it on Facebook everyday. "Oh Im a 37 year old female with an art degree and minimum wage should be raised because I can't make ends meet" blah blah.

VN Store

Back