Sad To See Lesser Talent Than LV’s in Elite 8

But , But , But they were suppose to be better without them. Im Puzzled :eek:hmy:

Who said that? Team chemistry was no doubt better, but most fans here were realistic....the team lacked experience and depth at the guard spots, all 3 transfers were guards. Still puzzled?!!?

Reactions: 1 person
You really needed to start yet ANOTHER thread to say what you have already said in all of the other Fire Holly threads?

Ridiculous.
It is ridiculous how easy it is to get under you Holliteers skin. You feel the need to protect Holly and that is your right. If someone says they are unhappy about the season Holliteers are offended, if you say there need to be changes Holliteers are offended. Who put Holliteers in charge so that they have the right to tell posters what they can or cannot say? If Holliteers want to blow smoke up Holly’s rear and talk about how good she is, that is your choice. Nothing about the original post says anything about fire Holly, “It was just your imagination running away with you.” Besides, if you don’t like a thread no one is holding a gun against your head and making you read it.

Reactions: 8 people
Someone has really worked with McCowan (6’7”) on the M St team. Her progression from freshman to Junior is amazing. I’ve noticed improvement by several ladies on various teams over the last couple of years. A lot of hard work on their part and some good coaching too.

Vic gives the credit to MSU Associate Head Coach Johnnie Harris. In addition to being a top recruiter, she coaches the posts and serves as special teams coach, coordinating the in-bounds, sideline and free-throw plays, something she specialized in working alongside Schaefer for five seasons on the Texas A&M bench where she was equally successful in recruiting and player development.

Check out her bio on the MSU site. Mississippi State Athletics

Why this woman isn't at the top of the list for a head coaching job with a solid program is a mystery to me.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly needed more guards. I blame Te'a, Alexa & DD for the late season swoon. Our
baby freshmen needed help

For South Carolina, pounding the ball in low, without some good outside shooting, does not work against a well-formed wall. Tennessee needs to work on dribbling and shooting.

Watching final four ul and miss st remembering how things used to be. So sad when i realize how far our vols have fallen. With the talent we have i really feel we should be here

We get it teacherdean. Holly sucks, we deserve a better coach, the players need coaching, blah blah blah, boo hoo, fire Holly.

Did we really need another thread like this 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Jesus Christ!

YES. Until Holly is force to retire.
Next year we will be playing in the NIT tournament, the only championship we will ever see under her regime 'death squad'.

It is for sure, people keep talking parity but there are really only 6-8 teams that can win a womens title, its why there are top seeds left and not a 11th seed like the guys game, there isnt all that much parity in Womens Basketball. I went through and looked at the past classes not counting Russell since she was a 2013 signing and also did not remove those that transferred as i am not wasting that much time on this but the past 4 classes(Hoopgurlz top 100) saw UT signed 10 top 100 players(that terrible 2016 year), UConn signed 12, Louisville signed 16, Notre Dame- 10, USC- 9, Oregon State- 6, Oregon- 8, Ms State- 2 with none signed in 2015, 2016 or 2017. I am sure I would be wasting my time looking for those that beat UT this year in Alabama, Mizzou, and LSU but right now I think Holly has a job ONLY because she hired Reaves because this freshman class and just signed class most likely would have been as terrible as the 2016 class was.

Of course Ms State has 3 top 54 players coming in next year so we shall see if top players play as well there.

Right on! You know I'm still trying to figure out how you have Deshield,Russell,and Nared without making it to the final four.

Reactions: 2 people
We get it teacherdean. Holly sucks, we deserve a better coach, the players need coaching, blah blah blah, boo hoo, fire Holly.

Did we really need another thread like this 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Jesus Christ!

I get it LadyVol1908. You want to control what poster’s post. The first amendment says you can’t. You know what these threads correctly say. Don’t read them if it troubles you

I hope you continue to enjoy the underachieving of s former great program. Many of us don’t

Last edited:
I get it LadyVol1908. You want to control what poster’s post. The first amendment says you can’t. You know what these threads correctly say. Don’t read them if it troubles you

I hope you continue to enjoy the underachieving of s former great program. Many of us don’t

The first amendment states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

A private citizen saying, "we get it" on a message board has NOTHING to do with the First Amendment. Perhaps, some should allocate a little less time bashing Holly and devote a little more time to their civics refresher course.

Right on! You know I'm still trying to figure out how you have Deshield,Russell,and Nared without making it to the final four.

I kept waiting for 4 years to see Russell use her height and size to play like McGowan did last night

The first amendment states:

A private citizen saying, "we get it" on a message board has NOTHING to do with the First Amendment. Perhaps, some should allocate a little less time bashing Holly and devote a little more time to their civics refresher course.

I'd say loosen your skivvies. Your you know what are getting squeezed too hard

Calling out the realities of poor coaching exhibited over the last 6 years is only "bashing" to those whose skivvies are too tight. Lossen 'em up - let some reality in. You'll feel better:p Or at least Until next season's cupcake schedule is over.

Calling out the realities of poor coaching exhibited over the last 6 years is only "bashing" to those whose skivvies are too tight. Lossen 'em up - let some reality in. You'll feel better:p Or at least Until next season's cupcake schedule is over.

Hmmm, who got all uptight about one's "first amendment" rights being oppressed?

Anyway, I don't wear skivvies. I let it all hang out baby you know, exercising my first amendment rights to "public nudity! Oh, wait it says "assembly"; That explains all those indecency tickets. And I thought I was being oppressed

It is so sad to see lesser talent, once again, in the Elite 8 fighting for a Final 4, and the Lady Vols at home. Something has got to change because this is a shame. It really hurts when you love the Lady Vols.

Coaching....Coaching....Coaching...

Correction - you can't avoid the comments because they're everywhere, no matter the thread. So, it's not just like you can cruise by.

And no one likes negative comments about folks they like and know and support.

Ahhh, I wondered why my voice had gone up. Lol.

It was not a cupcake schedule.

Correction - you can't avoid the comments because they're everywhere, no matter the thread. So, it's not just like you can cruise by.

And no one likes negative comments about folks they like and know and support.

Ignorant comment.......it is easy to not see ONE SINGLE comment on VN......

Ignorant comment.......it is easy to not see ONE SINGLE comment on VN......

What? If one is interested in a topic from the title or have subscribed to the thread, it's very difficult not to see or engage with negative posts. Sure, you might do one. But it's way more than one and on nearly every thread.

If you're implying not logging in, there's truth there except I don't believe this is meant to be a multi-year, multi-thread, all-bash-all-the-time forum.

I defer to your wealth and riches, Sugar Daddy.

VN Store

Back