Saban's extension $$$$$

In a nut shell. Until the rest of the SEC gets on board, we're all Bama's bi$ch.

Everybody's playing for second in the SEC as long as Saban's there. Hopefully he retires well before his contract expires.

Well isn't that special!
surprised-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Only in Alabama can you LOSE the National Championship and then get a $4 million signing bonus, plus a raise and a contract extension.

I'd love to know why they felt compelled to entice him with the $4 million signing bonus? Were they hearing rumors of an impending retirement? I can tell you what Saban's Achilles heel is, his name is Scott Cochran(the strength and conditioning coach). If anyone in the SEC wants to take down Alabama they should pony up the money to steal away Scott Cochran.

If anyone in the SEC wants to take down Alabama they should pony up the money to steal away Scott Cochran.

Kirby Smart is Cochran's best friend. If Smart couldn't get Cochran to leave (and he really tried), I don't know who could.

He hasn't won a single game since Kiffin departed.

So now Saban has only been successful because of Kiffin? I mean, it's not like he hasn't won any National Titles before Kiffin was even thought of about joining his staff. Regardless, he's the best coach in college football and he doesn't need Kiffin to be successful.

So now Saban has only been successful because of Kiffin? I mean, it's not like he hasn't won any National Titles before Kiffin was even thought of about joining his staff. Regardless, he's the best coach in college football and he doesn't need Kiffin to be successful.

If I'm correct, McElwain was the OC during the early title runs.

As Clemson showed, the game has passed Saban by. Without Kiffin, this new young buck OC will run the ball 3 times and punt.

The decline has started. Book it.

As Clemson showed, the game has passed Saban by. Without Kiffin, this new young buck OC will run the ball 3 times and punt.

You know how many times that's been said about Saban? They said it when McElwain left, when Kiffin was hired, when Smart left, and when the HUNH went into hyperdrive. Brian Daboll is probably better than Kiffin.

If you were The AD, how much would you offer Saban to Coach at UT?

Try to be serious and honest.

Consider these issues along with others before you respond.

1). How much he is despised by most Vol fans.
2). He might refuse and leave you looking silly. Publicly.
3). Where do you make up the difference in the budget. TINSTAFL.

Me personally, hes old. So 2024 he will be like 75 or so and may not be what he is today. his way of dealing with players is not my style and he just doesn't deserve to be a Vol, especially at the cost required. I think if we were going to offer stupid money to someone it should be for someone with a longer horizon. Jmo. What say you?

Me personally, hes old. So 2024 he will be like 75 or so and may not be what he is today. his way of dealing with players is not my style and he just doesn't deserve to be a Vol, especially at the cost required. I think if we were going to offer stupid money to someone it should be for someone with a longer horizon. Jmo. What say you?

I'd say that winning streak should be getting close to 20 by that time. As far as what the vols deserve, sounds about right.

lol, yeah. Passed him right on by to the National Championship game and winning SEC championships.

He hasn't won a single game since Kiffin departed.

Cute...but stupid...the idea that Kiffin was the key to his success is laughable in every way possible. One of them has won several NC without the other. Do you know which one? One of them can only get HC job at a terrible school. Do you know which one?

Define "his way of dealing with players..."

How many players have left UT's program since Butch got here...his recruits?

Slightly off topic but hiring Greg Byrne as AD may not have been such a great move for Alabama after all. He has been named in a civil lawsuit by a former Arizona track athlete named Bailie Gibson for failing to properly investigate her claims of abuse against her coach, Craig Carter. Gibson appears to have substantial proof on her side that the abuse did take place and that Byrne failed to follow up on her allegations. It's a pretty salacious story.

I'd like to see someone do an analysis on the total economic impact Saban has had on the city of Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and the entire state of Alabama, not just the University. Obviously there would be projections and estimates involved but you could approximate it.

The football program generated slightly over $95m in revenue during 2015. I would argue that doesn't reveal his true impact because he has raised the profile of the University so much that it affects other sports and the university generally speaking. Total athletic department revenue in 2015 was just shy of $150m. Enrollment by out-of-state kids at the University has exploded in recent years, and football has a ton to do with that. Not only does that bring in a ton of money to the University, but after graduation a lot of those kids stay and work in Birmingham and add to the tax base.

IMO, Saban could make in the upper 10s of millions per year and his salary would still be justified.

Slightly off topic but hiring Greg Byrne as AD may not have been such a great move for Alabama after all. He has been named in a civil lawsuit by a former Arizona track athlete named Bailie Gibson for failing to properly investigate her claims of abuse against her coach, Craig Carter. Gibson appears to have substantial proof on her side that the abuse did take place and that Byrne failed to follow up on her allegations. It's a pretty salacious story.

Obviously another bamer hire without integrity. A yes man for the cheater. He will fit right in with Wimp, Dubose and Price.

VN Store

Back