Ryan Thaxton looking to make monster impact

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-vols-football-ryan-thaxton

Looks like he is working hard, having put on 15 lbs in 4 months.

I thought for sure, this kid needed a redshirt year and probably, still does. But, with his length, he has the potential to be a beast at DE. He might be able to help UT, quicker than I expected. Possibly, on for sure passing downs this year and give Kong, Taylor and Phillips a quick rest. Gotta love the kids, that see an oppurnity and start working hard, to improve their chances, at making the most of that oppurnity

Reactions: 5 people
His arms appear to be fairly long which is plus for a DE. I think he could be a good one and won't be a 3* for long.

I thought for sure, this kid needed a redshirt year and probably, still does. But, with his length, he has the potential to be a beast at DE. He might be able to help UT, quicker than I expected. Possibly, on for sure passing downs this year and give Kong, Taylor and Phillips a quick rest. Gotta love the kids, that see an oppurnity and start working hard, to improve their chances, at making the most of that oppurnity

*Op-Per-TUNA-Dee

Reactions: 1 person
I'm absolutely pumped over taylor. That kid is HUMONGOUS. I'm convinced he will be the next Garrett. You guys realize if Thaxton comes on we have an NFL pass rush in college?!

I'm absolutely pumped over taylor. That kid is HUMONGOUS. I'm convinced he will be the next Garrett. You guys realize if Thaxton comes on we have an NFL pass rush in college?!

Does that mean he will only play well against lower tiered teams?

Reactions: 28 people
Does that mean he will only play well against lower tiered teams?

I'm pretty sure the NFL scouts/ GM's, etc. studied every snap he (and every other player of interest) and still took him #1.

I don't get the infatuation over MG going above DB. It doesn't really matter. The results will show over the next few years on Sundays.

Reactions: 5 people
Glad to see him working so hard this offseason. Hope he can put it all together on the field in the coming years.

based on a workout video?

Man, Garrett got taken number one over all based on his size. Taylor is HUGE at this age, he's still growing! and I've heard nothing but praise this far. It might take a year of elite competition but I got nothing but expectations for him. If thaxton comes on on the other end.. it's on.

Wow! Kid is large. Hey, kudos on the reporting. That is getting out there and developing a story.

Maybe UT needs to hire coach Washington and bring monster maker to Rocky Top!!

Man, Garrett got taken number one over all based on his size. Taylor is HUGE at this age, he's still growing! and I've heard nothing but praise this far. It might take a year of elite competition but I got nothing but expectations for him. If thaxton comes on on the other end.. it's on.

What does have to do with Thurston?

I'm pretty sure the NFL scouts/ GM's, etc. studied every snap he (and every other player of interest) and still took him #1.

I don't get the infatuation over MG going above DB. It doesn't really matter. The results will show over the next few years on Sundays.

Remember, it was the Browns who drafted Garrett. Not a great track record for wise draft moves.

VN Store

Back