Ryan Thaxton (DE Virginia) commits to Vols

Woooo....three star galore! One heck of a offer list this young stud has! I can't believe we landed someone of this high caliber. My mind is about to freaking explode from pure ole excitement and joy!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WASTED SCHOLARSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Meanwhile Alabama and Georgia are landing 4 and 5 stars left and right while we pickup scraps. Butch already can't coach now he's lowering the talent level on top of that

Well, the bit** fest is out in force. I do agree there is some merit to being concerned about stars. Why is Georgia doing so remarkably well? Is it just the state in which they are located? Why is Florida not? Check out Florida's running back crop. Some of this is staff evaluations and fit as well. Thus, a three star makes more sense to them than us laymen. I'm particularly concerned about WR.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, the bit** fest is out in force. I do agree there is some merit to being concerned about stars. Why is Georgia doing so remarkably well? Is it just the state which they are located? Why is Florida not? Check out Florida's running back crop. Some of this is staff evaluations and fit as well. Thus, a three star makes more sense to them than us laymen. I'm particularly concerned about WR.

Yeah maybe it is a good pickup. We beat out Vandy for him and Butch did find a way to lose to them this season. Who needs top 50 players anyways every 3 star we get is the next cam sutton!

Has a good frame and potential, just not all that excited about this one. Probably means we missed on Concliffe and Ray.

Wow you guys just shat all over this young man with your whining and moaning about his ranking. This class is loaded with 3 stars which is not what we're used to with Butch, but it's still going to be top 15 class. Adding some much needed depth to the DL and LB, Butch will close strong. 6th in the SEC is not great, but this class is 2nd in the east. As far as Georgia out recruiting us, Georgia has got more to sell right now as far as playing time on top of being in extremely fertile recruiting grounds. 74% of their recruits are from Georgia.

Reactions: 8 people
Everyone needs to calm down.
All of these 3* commits are part of the process. See, Jones just beat out Vandy for this kid. That's a major win in the process. Right now we need players to get over the humps of Vandy and SC. This is a huge step in that direction. Once we get past those two hurdles then we can focus on the players needed to beat bama.
Brick by brick!

sheldon-bag.gif

Yeah maybe it is a good pickup. We beat out Vandy for him and Butch did find a way to lose to them this season. Who needs top 50 players anyways every 3 star we get is the next cam sutton!

Hold on now, you forgot we beat out other powerhouse programs like Ole Miss, Delaware, Cincy and Coastal Carolina for this stud. This guy truly is the next diamond in the rough!

Wow you guys just shat all over this young man with your whining and moaning about his ranking. This class is loaded with 3 stars which is not what we're used to with Butch, but it's still going to be top 15 class. Adding some much needed depth to the DL and LB, Butch will close strong. 6th in the SEC is not great, but this class is 2nd in the east. As far as Georgia out recruiting us, Georgia has got more to sell right now as far as playing time on top of being in extremely fertile recruiting grounds. 74% of their recruits are from Georgia.

I stopped at 6th in the SEC. That speaks loud and clear for anyone who expects to see a top tier SEC program play in Neyland. Guess it will happen if the visitors are a top tier SEC team..

So a top 15 class is acceptable? Well, I guess it is at Vandy or USc, but its not here. Also, if you really want to get down to brass tax, the only reason its top 15 is quantity not quality of commits. Rankings mean nothing though right?

Reactions: 5 people
So a top 15 class is acceptable? Well, I guess it is at Vandy or USc, but its not here. Also, if you really want to get down to brass tax, the only reason its top 15 is quantity not quality of commits. Rankings mean nothing though right?

Only once in 4 years.... Not twice in a roww. We should expect atleast top 10 annually with the maybe 1 out of every 4 years being top 15.

Reactions: 1 person
I understand the griping about all of the three star commits, but go look at most of their ratings and offer lists. We have some solid kids who are going to help fill a lot of holes in our depth chart. I know we currently have around 22 three star commits, but there are 5-8 guys that missed being a four star by a tenth of a point or are ranked a four star on at least one site. With a strong finish we will be ok.

VN Store

Back