Running list of Tennessee targets planned commitment dates

It's interesting that if you look at 247, we're not currently CBed for anyone. CBs for Nwaneri are between OU and Mizzou. My guess would be Mizzou because of their state law that allows him to get paid immediately. Wingo's CBs are between Texas and Mizzou, and that new state law could play a part here as well. Jordan Ross has no predictions atm. Franklin is CBed to Auburn. Pretty sure he got the cabin treatment. Okoye has no predictions atm. Chris Cole is CBed to Georgia, as is Kamron Mikell.

So 5 of our current top 7 targets are CBed to other teams.

Forgot about Saleapaga, he' has no predictions atm either. So 5 of 8.

Hoping a successful season turns some heads because I think getting some flips later on might be important. Especially on the DL.

So I'm going to adopt this as a thread to actually talk about recruiting since some in the RF don't actually like to talk recruiting.

Nwaneri picks Mizzou. Not a surprise. Franklin will most likely pick Auburn on the 19th. I don't think Wingo picks us. Hope I'm wrong, but the tea leaves seem to point to him going elsewhere.

Until more information comes out, I'll continue to believe we have a chance at Ross, Okoye, and Saleapaga.

If Chris Cole makes his scheduled visit, I think we have a shot. If he cancels, then we'll know he's all Georgia.

Mikell's recruitment depends on a lot of things. Will Georgia have a spot? How badly does he want to play offense? Will Georgia give him a shot at WR? All things being equal, I think he wants to go to Georgia, but all things are not currently equal.

Ready for the HS season to start and more targets to pop up. Especially on the DL where we currently seem to be looking at D'Nas White and Nasir Smith.

Doubtful, IMO, that we finish a consensus Top 5 class in the rankings. Maybe not even Top 10. But it doesn't matter as much where recruiting sites see our class as long as we fill our needs. Right now, interior DL and Edge guys are really the only needs left, IMO. Several guys out there that would be nice additions, but not necessarily needs. Have to address our defensive front tho.

So I'm going to adopt this as a thread to actually talk about recruiting since some in the RF don't actually like to talk recruiting.

Nwaneri picks Mizzou. Not a surprise. Franklin will most likely pick Auburn on the 19th. I don't think Wingo picks us. Hope I'm wrong, but the tea leaves seem to point to him going elsewhere.

Until more information comes out, I'll continue to believe we have a chance at Ross, Okoye, and Saleapaga.

If Chris Cole makes his scheduled visit, I think we have a shot. If he cancels, then we'll know he's all Georgia.

Mikell's recruitment depends on a lot of things. Will Georgia have a spot? How badly does he want to play offense? Will Georgia give him a shot at WR? All things being equal, I think he wants to go to Georgia, but all things are not currently equal.

Ready for the HS season to start and more targets to pop up. Especially on the DL where we currently seem to be looking at D'Nas White and Nasir Smith.

Doubtful, IMO, that we finish a consensus Top 5 class in the rankings. Maybe not even Top 10. But it doesn't matter as much where recruiting sites see our class as long as we fill our needs. Right now, interior DL and Edge guys are really the only needs left, IMO. Several guys out there that would be nice additions, but not necessarily needs. Have to address our defensive front tho.
been a long time since we've had this what seems will be little or no recruiting momentum... this big a dry spell going into fall. unless they start finding some different guys, we have little momentum.

If wingo holds out until December like he says, there will be numerous twist and turns with his recruitment. Hopefully mikell wants wr enough to not succumb to Kirby’s tactics. Wish we could get franklin, but he shopping for the biggest 💰.

I don’t think ross ends up in our class, but I do think we flip fountain. Hopefully we can get cole to ov next month, but who knows…. I still hope we are recruiting rushing. Like always, there will be late bloomers in their final season of high school for us to recruit. If we can get double digit wins again this year, we will flip some guys.

If wingo holds out until December like he says, there will be numerous twist and turns with his recruitment. Hopefully mikell wants wr enough to not succumb to Kirby’s tactics. Wish we could get franklin, but he shopping for the biggest 💰.

I don’t think ross ends up in our class, but I do think we flip fountain. Hopefully we can get cole to ov next month, but who knows…. I still hope we are recruiting rushing. Like always, there will be late bloomers in their final season of high school for us to recruit. If we can get double digit wins again this year, we will flip some guys.
With Ross being from Bama, I can see Auburn throwing a bag at him late and swaying him. Not really sure on Fountain. I know we continue to keep contact, so I guess we'll see. Four months until the Early Signing Period. Lots can happen. New names, flips, decommits... Who knows what this class really ends up looking like. The success and failures of programs in the season will sway some minds.

been a long time since we've had this what seems will be little or no recruiting momentum... this big a dry spell going into fall. unless they start finding some different guys, we have little momentum.
Take solace in Tennessee having a staff now that is confident in that what happens in fall will build momentum for recruiting and not be the factor that crumbles all their false promises they made in the offseason.

I agree it’s dry right now but that’s by design and we expect to be top 5 and humming by late September when we bring a host of visitors in for the Gamecock game which will set up our finish.

Also I think there has been so much positive reviews for our portal adds the staff is confident in that avenue for any misses we have.

Take solace in Tennessee having a staff now that is confident in that what happens in fall will build momentum for recruiting and not be the factor that crumbles all their false promises they made in the offseason.

I agree it’s dry right now but that’s by design and we expect to be top 5 and humming by late September when we bring a host of visitors in for the Gamecock game which will set up our finish.

Also I think there has been so much positive reviews for our portal adds the staff is confident in that avenue for any misses we have.
ok butch.

i kiiid.

247 shows us out of it for Wingo. Shows it between Texas, Mizzou, and Georgia.

247 shows us out of it for Wingo. Shows it between Texas, Mizzou, and Georgia.
Pretty sure Georgia has been out that race since June. On the Wingo thread it said their mods said they’re not getting him. Wouldn’t put much stock in that. Georgia hasn’t been mentioned any articles on any recruiting site as a serious contender. All they mention is he OV’d in June. Texas, Mizzou and us are the schools consistently mentioned

We have lost the momentum after we got the back-to-back pickups with Mike Matthews and Bennett Warren. Issue is that our options were always longshots so we really needed more options on the list for DL or DB.

@KingNico

Any new DT targets? Where does the staff pivot to with Nwaneri and Franklin off the board? I know Nasir Smith has been talked about. Anyone else?

If Florida does as bad as suspected this season, their class is one we need to target to raid. And not just Amaris Williams. They have some other players worth trying to flip IMO.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
If Florida does as bad as suspected this season, their class is one we need to target to raid. And not just Amaris Williams. They have some other players worth trying to flip IMO.
Williams and Fletcher Westphal are their only commits at positions of need that we were heavily recruiting. I don't think we ever had any real traction with Westphal.

Williams and Fletcher Westphal are their only commits at positions of need that we were heavily recruiting. I don't think we ever had any real traction with Westphal.
I thought we were interested in Amir Jackson at one point, too? But hell, I'd try to flip Xavier Filsaime, too. Or if we miss out on Cole, maybe one of their LB commits. I'd even look at their other DL. I just want Florida to suck and for us to add insult to injury by flipping some of their guys. It would bring happiness to my heart.

I thought we were interested in Amir Jackson at one point, too? But hell, I'd try to flip Xavier Filsaime, too. Or if we miss out on Cole, maybe one of their LB commits. I'd even look at their other DL. I just want Florida to suck and for us to add insult to injury by flipping some of their guys. It would bring happiness to my heart.
Every highly rated player isn't going to be a fit with our program and culture, but I get what you're saying.

Reactions: Deebowbear

VN Store

Back