Rumors of Fulmer as AD/Basketball program.

If you think things look bad for basketball at Tennessee, Fulmer would be the second coming of Doug Dickey. He could give a rat's ass about our basketball program. He would be in a perfect position to start funneling basketball money into the football program,and in my opinion, would. Lets just hope for basketball's sake it doesn't happen. At this stage, the damage would be irreparable:frown:

Dude, there are so many fallacies you make in this it's not even funny.

will fulmer give back all those millions he walked away with if he gets the AD job?

What he said \/

Here is my question.

Hamilton is on record as saying his expectations at Tennessee are to win at least two SEC Championships during a 10-year period and get to the SEC title game every three or four years, as well as play in BCS bowls with some regularity.

Fulmer believes he was wrongly fired apparently believing just reaching the SEC Championship game is good enough.

If Fulmer were hired as AD, would he lower the expectations of the Coach/Program (I think would be sad), or would he hypocritically hold him to a standard that he was unwilling to hold himself to?

How about damon evans? He's out of work and needs a job. But, he'll have to get his women to wear orange or black panties---not the red!

I have been a supporter since Wyatt. You expect a coach at UT to perform like a coach at the glamor schools, only without many in-state recruits. You expect too much. I just think the man should have been given more money for staff and some time. Instead we pay a whole lot more for all the coaches since he left and we are worse off. Good deal. Smart.

He had his time. After winning a national title, it should get easier. He did continue to recruit well for a while, but he just lost his edge as a coach.

I like coach Fulmer, but to think he would be accepted by the fan base is ludicrous. He had plenty of chances to turn things around, but couldn't. We won some games, but we were also getting taken to the woodshed on a regular basis. It just wasn't working any more. Please, everyone, just let it go. It is not going to happen.

I'm gonna have to quit coming here because all I see is talk of our former warden acending to godfather of our crime family. Can you imagine all the shennigans he allowed with the football team being applied to all of UT athletics???? What do the Foolmerites want - Al Capone himself running the athletic department?

how many "Fulmer's becoming the AD" rumor threads is this board going to have?

how much will UT have to pay fulmer if he gets the AD job? He'll want a lot more than hamilton gets.

out of all the Fulmer rumors, this is easily the best. Fulmer would purposely the ruin the basketball program just to funnel money into the football program. That's hilarious.

I think Fulmer would be a horrible AD, but he'd make sure the basketball program continued to be as successful as he could make it. I swear this site has completely gone down the tank.. The worst posters from two years ago now at least seem somewhat sane in comparison to recent posts. Please, I beg of you, think before you post. Is your post actually logical? is it well thought out? if you can't pull off either of those two, just post something funny, that's meant to be funny.

VN Store

Back