Rucker's early look at BasketVols

We will surprise some people this year.. We will. Our guys are winners. We will find a way to win.

I want to see fire from Hubbs this year. I want this to be his team. Take it from Moore and we'll go far. I want to see Moore and Jabri's scrappiness rub off on him. I want to see him finish a game like he did vs Vandy. That's the Hubbs we need fellas.

NOT THE HUBBS WE NEED, BUT THE HUBBS WE DESERVE

Christian-Bale-Batman-muscle1.jpg

So, for the sake of argument, let's say we land Dixson and nobody else leaves.

PG: Lamonte Turner/ Shembari Phillips
SG: Kevin Punter/ Detrick Mostella/Devon Baulkman
SF: Arrmani Moore/ Robert Hubbs/Dikembe Dixson/ Admiral Schofield
F: Jabari McGhee/ Derek Reese
C: Ray Kasongo/ Kyle Alexander

I could see us going smaller and starting Armani at the 4 and Hubbs at the 3, if we can play that lineup we probably are a better team, just not sure how well Armani can handle the 4 in Barnes system.

Class breakdown:

SR: Armani Moore, Kevin Punter, Devon Baulkman and Derek Reese
JR: Robert Hubbs
SO: Detrick Mostella, Ray Kasongo
FR: Jabari Mcghee, Lamonte Turner, Kyle Alexander, Dikembe Dixson, Shembari Phillips, Admiral Schofield

Next years remaining players:

PG: Turner/Phillips
SG: Mostella
SF: Hubbs/Schofield/Dixson
F: McGhee
C: Kasongo/Alexander

With room for at least 4 in next years class, a PG (Jordan Bone) would be nice to Phillips can slide to the 2, his more natural position. Another talented wing scorer to add to the mix, possibly a Eli Wright or Quenitn Goodin. And once again some size down low is needed, Blackwell or Isaac to play the 3/4 would be nice, and a guy like Tony Bradley down low, another 6'9"-6'10"+ guy is needed IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
So, for the sake of argument, let's say we land Dixson and nobody else leaves.

PG: Lamonte Turner/ Shembari Phillips
SG: Kevin Punter/ Detrick Mostella/Devon Baulkman
SF: Arrmani Moore/ Robert Hubbs/Dikembe Dixson/ Admiral Schofield
F: Jabari McGhee/ Derek Reese
C: Ray Kasongo/ Kyle Alexander

I could see us going smaller and starting Armani at the 4 and Hubbs at the 3, if we can play that lineup we probably are a better team, just not sure how well Armani can handle the 4 in Barnes system.

Class breakdown:

SR: Armani Moore, Kevin Punter, Devon Baulkman and Derek Reese
JR: Robert Hubbs
SO: Detrick Mostella, Ray Kasongo
FR: Jabari Mcghee, Lamonte Turner, Kyle Alexander, Dikembe Dixson, Shembari Phillips, Admiral Schofield

Next years remaining players:

PG: Turner/Phillips
SG: Mostella
SF: Hubbs/Schofield/Dixson
F: McGhee
C: Kasongo/Alexander

With room for at least 4 in next years class, a PG (Jordan Bone) would be nice to Phillips can slide to the 2, his more natural position. Another talented wing scorer to add to the mix, possibly a Eli Wright or Quenitn Goodin. And once again some size down low is needed, Blackwell or Isaac to play the 3/4 would be nice, and a guy like Tony Bradley down low, another 6'9"-6'10"+ guy is needed IMO.

Please get goodin. The kid is an phenomenal point guard.

It seems amazing to me that Hubbs will only be a junior this year. Seems like he's going on Year 5 already. Maybe he will step up and become the player we all think he can be. I think his performance is the key to our success this year.

VN Store

Back