Rubble

Chill out man. This class will finish with a higher ranking than the last 2 classes under Butch.

Plus we may be able to actually develop the players we currently have now. Everything will be just fine.

You're last statement is the key. Everyone acknowledged Butch could recruit but was a poor onfield coach that couldn't develop players to play in the SEC. I am convinced you will see a drastic difference in the players from the 2017 team and early signees in the 2018 class that will be ready to contribute. I believe they will surprise fans next year the way the basketball team is this year.

Unbelievable how bought in most of you are. Great for you. I think whoever they hired would be an improvement in X & Os but you all are so easy to manipulate. Early in the search there was no way a coordinator needed to be heading the football team at TENN. Any coach could recruit at TENN with all it has to offer. Money was not an object, just offer $10M a year. CBJ could recruit but couldn't develop. We have talent for the next coach. Now we hire a coordinator from Bama and brag about how great he can recruit. We need all of the coaches he is hiring because they can recruit. We are paying less than $4M a year. Now we have low expectations because Jones 4* recruit were not the same type as Pruitt recruits. We have no talent on the roster so don't expect much next year. The excitement reminds me of the last 2 hires after the press conferences. This fan base needs a winner soooo bad, they will accept any hope just because it's a change. I hope Pruitt absolutely is a big winner but I am waiting before making any predictions.

Boxes:

Successful Head Coach - No
Successful in the SEC - Check, Check
Won a National Title - Check, Check, Check
Good Recruiter - Check
Young/energetic - Check, Check
Hits the ground running - Check
Has a plan/successfully implements it - Check, Check

I guess we have no choice but to put up with crap however long it last.

Actually, we do!

We can just put on on hold!

They think they don't need us then they are crazy!

oh, you can tell. they're all over the place, multiple states in a single day, west coast, east coast, FL AL MS, TN GA....

yeah, i think it should be blatantly obvious to anyone that pays just a little attention, how much work they're all doing right now. and short staffed to boot.

You have to have your eyes open.

FYu10Bd.gif

faceplant.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Boxes:

Successful Head Coach - No
Successful in the SEC - Check, Check
Won a National Title - Check, Check, Check
Good Recruiter - Check
Young/energetic - Check, Check
Hits the ground running - Check
Has a plan/successfully implements it - Check, Check

Randy Sanders checks a lot of those boxes. Would you have wanted him?
What does hit the ground running mean?
I would hope any coach has a plan. Implements --we will see

talk about oversimplification of the situation. their first, and apparently only, candidate before all the hoopola was Gregg freaking Schiano.

all things considered, i think we've done ok.

I agree, we've done OK,......remains to be seen if we should be making any Atl reservations in the future

I agree, we've done OK,......remains to be seen if we should be making any Atl reservations in the future

I doubt anyone is booking any trips right now.

The guy hasn't been on the job but 1 week.

There's some good will and some excitement around what could unfold the next two months. Tbh, we need that right now.

That's about it. Most prognostication I've seen around here about next season sits at 6 or 7 wins.

I think based on what we've seen this short staffed group do in 7 days at least reinforces that excitement and good will, and gives one reason to be hopeful about the future.

The band wagon always starts out with a lowly few, but it feels up real fast. I hope this coach doesn't have enough seats for some around here.

I am just venting here..

Years of self serving incompetent "leadership" has literally left one of the best football programs in the country in complete rubble.

We thought we had seen rock bottom under Dooley only to see Botch Jones give us the worst season in program history. Now, 10 years after the pathetic display that was the firing of Fulmer, we find ourselves without a freaking recruiting class. The lack of a legitimate recruiting class will put, which was likely another 5 year rebuild anyway, another 2-3 years on top of that.

Given the facts:

Unproven new HC
A year without a recruiting class
The national embarrassment that was the coaching "search"

And going winless in the SEC this year, many of will not be around the next time Tennessee fields a competitive football team.

God I hope I am wrong. I hope Pruitt is the next Nick Saban. I hope the humiliation that was the coaching search will quickly be forgotten. I hope our new staff is so good that they can somehow make up for this whiff of a recruiting class but the last 10 years have been so pitiful that hope and trust just don't give many the same optimism that they once did.

Easy, dude. Things are not as bad as they seem. Our long nightmare might be on its way to being over.

And we have almost two months to pull together a respectacle recruiting class.

I am just venting here..

Years of self serving incompetent "leadership" has literally left one of the best football programs in the country in complete rubble.

We thought we had seen rock bottom under Dooley only to see Botch Jones give us the worst season in program history. Now, 10 years after the pathetic display that was the firing of Fulmer, we find ourselves without a freaking recruiting class. The lack of a legitimate recruiting class will put, which was likely another 5 year rebuild anyway, another 2-3 years on top of that.

Given the facts:

Unproven new HC
A year without a recruiting class
The national embarrassment that was the coaching "search"

And going winless in the SEC this year, many of will not be around the next time Tennessee fields a competitive football team.

God I hope I am wrong. I hope Pruitt is the next Nick Saban. I hope the humiliation that was the coaching search will quickly be forgotten. I hope our new staff is so good that they can somehow make up for this whiff of a recruiting class but the last 10 years have been so pitiful that hope and trust just don't give many the same optimism that they once did.

“Year without a recruiting class”? What? When? I can assure you that we are indeed gonna have a recruiting class. And a pretty damn good one at that.

And you have a choice with whether or not you wanna “put up with this crap”....ain’t nobody holding a gun to your head.

A lot of folks in hear got the Chicken Little syndrome....sky is falling,give it a bit before you hide under the table...might just get better this time we may have a coach not a car salesman!

Pruitt recruits better players with more skills than Butch Jones ever did, Pruitt will get the Vols back, I truly believe :good!:
Go Vols

There is a lot more talent on the hill than anyone wants to admit. They all just need to get healed up and toughened up.

The amount of work Coach Pruitt and his staff are doing is absolutely impressive. This man had a plan just look at his staff and how quick they started out. We are getting visits we would never have gotten with the old staff.

I am very excited about our future. We now have a real football coach. Relax and enjoy the ride. :good!:

GBO

VN Store

Back