Rose Bowl Thread: Badgers and Ducks

Great game ruined by a AWFUL offensive PI call!
I actually agree with the call. Once he put his arms up to block (or gave the appearance of) he loses the argument that he was running a route. I don't always agree with the broadcast ref, but in this case I do.

Looks like the Oregon DB pulled or caused the Wisconsin WR to fall down. The Oregon DB was being physical from the get go. Don’t see how you call that Offensive PI.

You have to at least pretend to run a route. The Badger went to block and got thrown to the side. Had he dipped a shoulder and cut while initiating contact, it would never ha e been called. You at least have to fake it

Offensive PI penalty decided the game which is sad. You can argue all day whether it was the correct call or not, but do you really make that call on a player not even receiving the ball with 2 minutes to go in the game ?

I actually agree with the call. Once he put his arms up to block (or gave the appearance of) he loses the argument that he was running a route. I don't always agree with the broadcast ref, but in this case I do.
Yeah it wasn’t a terrible call.

Trolling trolling along

Offensive PI penalty decided the game which is sad. You can argue all day whether it was the correct call or not, but do you really make that call on a player not even receiving the ball with 2 minutes to go in the game ?
I agree it's close. But should a ref give a team a first down with 2 minutes to go if they think it was a penalty? The "late in the game" argument goes both ways. Making a call or sitting on the whistle always affects somebody.

Trolling trolling along
What would be the purpose of trolling? Is this not a discussion forum? Did someone here express their allegiance to Wisconsin? I simply disagreed. I am bored and waiting for the next game to begin.

How many times though have other teams WR's make the same route/play and there's a no call.

Time was running out on the clock and Wisky still had some field to cover to get within range. This call, IMO, is similar to that of basketball game "hand check" foul during a critical moment with less than 30 seconds left in the game.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
How many times though have other teams WR's make the same route/play and there's a no call.

Time was running out on the clock and Wisky still had some field to cover to get within range. This call, IMO, is similar to that of basketball game "hand check" foul during a critical moment with less than 30 seconds left in the game.
I get that, but I've also heard broadcasters in pro and college games say you have to at least pretend to be running a route. The rub is part of the game now. Just do it right.

I agree it's close. But should a ref give a team a first down with 2 minutes to go if they think it was a penalty? The "late in the game" argument goes both ways. Making a call or sitting on the whistle always affects somebody.

Agree sitting on a whistle can affect, but I don't make that call unless it's an absolute without question penalty that gives a clear advantage. I personally didn't see it that way.

Reactions: garbear and VOLNPA

VN Store

Back