Ron Paul on Crimea

Of course. Who can't sit on the sidelines and find fault with what someone in charge says? It's the easiest game in town.

Your hero is a con man. That's what community organizers do: talk a big game. But when it comes to doing anything about it, he'll tuck tail and run. It's like the bully who finally get popped in the face and backs down.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed . . . It's easy, and popular right now, to take an isolationist approach, but I think he is oversimplifying.

Why is non-intervention always confused with isolationism? What vital interest is being threatened in Crimea?

How do you conservatives square your approval of his comments with the bashing of Obama for not doing something brash to stop this ?

what I've criticized all along for Obama's FP is the naivety on which it is based and the balless way he approaches these situations - balless in the sense that he is overly tentative and sets FP actions based on political reaction on the homefront.

He is an FP hack and dunce.

Reactions: 3 people
what I've criticized all along for Obama's FP is the naivety on which it is based and the balless way he approaches these situations - balless in the sense that he is overly tentative and sets FP actions based on political reaction on the homefront.

He is an FP hack and dunce.

We're just coming out of two long term, appearing to be mostly useless wars. He's not about to act unilaterally and the american public isn't interested in starting any wars right now if we can avoid it. You've got to see it from a different perspective.

We've been playing world police for better than half a century and it has gotten us nowhere. FTR, I'm in favor of non-interventionism, not isolationism. There is a difference.
Amazing that people still can't understand that distinction.

Or, so what if you were an isolationist? Why is being an isolationist demonized but being a globetrotting warmonger championed?

Reactions: midnight orange

Or, so what if you were an isolationist? Why is being an isolationist demonized but being a globetrotting warmonger championed?

Your very last question is a great one. I await to read some of the responses to it.

Being an isolationist is demonized because all the correct thinking folk on cnn, Fox News, msnbc, etc, use it as a pejorative in which dumb people then regurgitate it without any thought. Never mind that most “isolationists” are for free markets and unencombered free world trade.

This is the part I like-

If it were to escalate, I say let the E.U. handle it.

Americans in the 1930’s: “who care if Japan takes Manchuria From China. Who cares if the Germans takes Austria and Czechoslovakia let the Europeans and Asians handle it.”

Americans in the 1930’s: “who care if Japan takes Manchuria From China. Who cares if the Germans takes Austria and Czechoslovakia let the Europeans and Asians handle it.”
America in the 60s "got to stop North Vietnam"

Reactions: Pacer92

“Who cares why WWI was started, we’ll go anyways on whatever pretense.”
“Who cares that the resulting sanctions led to WWII.”
Both wars should never have happened, but bad information (go figure) causes it. The same could be said for what happened in Ukraine. I’ve been there twice, and never met anyone east of Poltava that was loyal to Ukraine. Further east, in cities like Donetsk and Harkiv, they outright preferred Russia. I don’t think it was any accident that Euro Cup 2012 was held there, or that the US was building a brand new embassy in 2011.

Not sure what you are driving at. Neither of those situations were our concerns.

VN Store

Back