Rocket League - PSN

Lol yeah they are just good. We have to play people who are incredible in pro league

Usually you can judge how good they are by how good they can "fly".

I can fly to an extent, but when I see people taking shots from the air I know I'm screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
yup - air shots are a form of art; requires a very high level of perception to pull them off consistently

I think my Rocket League'ing days are officially over. Last night the pin broke in my R2 button on my controller (so when you push the button it stays in).

This is the second time I've had to replace a controller for this exact same reason, and every time it happens it's because I get on a Rocket League kick.

Go into training and train, train, train. Do not play on the preset camera options. Turn camera shake off and back the camera off your car.

Go into training and train, train, train. Do not play on the preset camera options. Turn camera shake off and back the camera off your car.

Sounds good! Right now in struggling to jump high enough to hit some of the balls. Maybe I'm jumping too early

Anyone got some,tips?

When racing back for defense, backflips are much faster and more effective when retreating back in time. Front flips are also effective when you have no boost.

It's okay to sit back on Defense and let your opponent take a shot from half court (assuming you are in a good position to deflect it back). Do not attempt to dive for the ball when you think that you have little chance of getting there before your opponent. Your better off retreating into position to counter his hit.

Flying attempting to nail a goal with a delicate tap from the sky while towering your opposition is rewarding, but a botched job can put you in an awful position. On 3 v 3 modes I suggest it is okay because you have two others there to get back on D if you don't execute. But on 1 v 1 modes, a botched flying attempt can lead to an easy goal on the other end.

Practice makes perfect, knowing how to angle your shots and score on the ground CONSISTENTLY is much more valuable than learning how to hit balls in the air.

Last edited:
Seems like mastering the timing and directions of boost jumps is the best way to become "good" quickly.

I found myself scoring and making saves more the better I got at this

Amazingly, I played this game for the first time over the weekend. Better late than never? Definitely lots of fun.

Reactions: 1 person
Amazingly, I played this game for the first time over the weekend. Better late than never? Definitely lots of fun.

Be careful. It gets wildly addicting.

Like.... "stay up all night and get fired from your job" addicting.

They are constantly updating the game and adding new things so I love that about it. It's a very addicting game and a nice game to kill time without investing too much time into a larger game

It's crazy how stupid-good some got at this game... I thought I was decent until a watched a few youtube pros. Nope... I suck

VN Store

Back