Robert Hubbs

Hopefully we get a free flowing offense in next year. We have to be able to use his skill sets as an advantage. He's way to athletic to pass back and forth from guard to guard and not get a good look.

He has the range to break down a zone have to utilize it and make it work.

If Stokes stays, when Hubbs arrives we will be viewing the reincarnation of the "Ernie and Bernie Show" days. Hubbs, I promise you, is the real deal. What's more, Scottie Hopson isn't even close to Hubbs in talent. Hubbs is the type of player that Calipari constantly looks for in order to keep his "one-and-done" approach to coaching from crashing. You can bet the farm that Cal scratches his head daily wondering how it is he missed out on Hubbs. And that makes me smile and smile and smile.

I think Robert Hubbs is a great player that will be an NBA contributor.

But getting the Harrison twins is pretty much x2 better.

Exactly, Hubbs was not going to make or break Cal's class and i doubt Cal is losing sleep over Hubbs.

If Stokes stays, when Hubbs arrives we will be viewing the reincarnation of the "Ernie and Bernie Show" days. Hubbs, I promise you, is the real deal. What's more, Scottie Hopson isn't even close to Hubbs in talent. Hubbs is the type of player that Calipari constantly looks for in order to keep his "one-and-done" approach to coaching from crashing. You can bet the farm that Cal scratches his head daily wondering how it is he missed out on Hubbs. And that makes me smile and smile and smile.

Love when people spell Scotty with an "ie", especially when comparing him to someone else or evaluating his talent. Its a real credibility booster.

Reactions: 1 person

Stokes will graduate.

Kind of anal retentive, I assume. And, I am as guilty as you because I do understand. For instance, I couldn't help but note you spelled "its" without the apostrophe between "t" and "s" which made it is a possessive pronoun instead of "it's" which means "it is." (The latter spelling is what we call a "contraction.") Plus, your period should have been placed within your final quotation mark.

Credibility, for me, when mistakenly spelling a person's name doesn't quite speak as loudly as credibiliy related to correct usage of the English lanaguage. Nevertheless, I would hate for this forum to wither away because of finger pointing over language usage. As long as we understand what a person is saying, that should be all that matters.

Now, I will retire to my shop and write off "Scotty" five hiundred times like when I was in the first grade.:birgits_giggle:

Kind of anal retentive, I assume. And, I am as guilty as you because I do understand. For instance, I couldn't help but note you spelled "its" without the apostrophe between "t" and "s" which made it is a possessive pronoun instead of "it's" which means "it is." (The latter spelling is what we call a "contraction.") Plus, your period should have been placed within your final quotation mark.

Credibility, for me, when mistakenly spelling a person's name doesn't quite speak as loudly as credibiliy related to correct usage of the English lanaguage. Nevertheless, I would hate for this forum to wither away because of finger pointing over language usage. As long as we understand what a person is saying, that should be all that matters.

Now, I will retire to my shop and write off "Scotty" five hiundred times like when I was in the first grade.:birgits_giggle:

It's funny that you would launch a grammar lesson with those 2 sentences.

Spell however you like. And proper grammar is optional. It is a message board after all. But learn the freaking players' names! It only takes about 5 seconds to Google it if you're not sure.

Stokes will graduate.

Stokes is a sophomore, so no he will not graduate, i believe he will stay, and im hoping he wants to get a degree and we can have Hubbs and Stokes for 2 years, maybe even Jalen Lindsey too, that would be awesome.

Stokes is a sophomore, so no he will not graduate, i believe he will stay, and im hoping he wants to get a degree and we can have Hubbs and Stokes for 2 years, maybe even Jalen Lindsey too, that would be awesome.

Pretty sure he meant that Stokes will not be leaving early and that he will stay 4 years and graduate. Not that he was graduating this year. :crazy:

Pretty sure he meant that Stokes will not be leaving early and that he will stay 4 years and graduate. Not that he was graduating this year. :crazy:

Your right, makes a lot more sense now, apologies to calban, but the rest of my statement stands true.

This rant is barely relevant to the point. However, your first sentence is a fragment, as there is no noun/pronoun referenced by the predicate. Your second sentence begins with a conjunction, which is generally frowned upon by professors of the English language. I really couldn't care less about either of those mistakes. I do care about spelling names correctly, because it often lends credence to one's opinion in my experience, and vice-versa.

Voicing an opinion on "Scottie" Hopson is akin to voicing an opinion on Shakeel O'Neal, and will likely be considered with similar caution.

Just my opinion.

That is great news, orangelo! How will he fit in the lineup (minutes, position, etc) with Stokes and Maymon next year, assuming Maymon does indeed decide to redshirt and return for a 5th season of college ball? This question is for everyone. I haven't posted on here in ages...

That is great news, orangelo! How will he fit in the lineup (minutes, position, etc) with Stokes and Maymon next year, assuming Maymon does indeed decide to redshirt and return for a 5th season of college ball? This question is for everyone. I haven't posted on here in ages...

Well Hubbs is a guard, Maymon and Stokes being here shouldn't effect Hubbs' minutes. With Mcbee graduating as our 2 guard, I expect Hubbs to come in and start from day 1.

Regular Can of Backer....No says I

haha for anyone that aint seen the hillbilly ninja.

Yes man! Hubbs is going to be amazing. He'll make youngin mistakes but when he gets in the groove of things...watch out!!!!

He is an elite athlete that should start from day 1. He will never have trouble getting to the rack. He is a good perimeter shooter, hopefully it will translate to the college game. This kid I feel is a program builder. He is a leader and has a magnetic personality that will help team unity and attract other recruits to UT.

VN Store

Back