Robert Hubbs to return to Tennessee..OFFICIAL

What? A point guard that cannot knock down an open jumper is a liability. Teams will beg you to shoot while slumping on defense to limit you to that missed shot.

Didn't say it wasn't but not main reason we need him. We don't need fit scoring now. We need him to attack basket, setup plays and fast breaks and press the floor. He is good at those things. A good coach can be successful with Thompson current abilities

Didn't say it wasn't but not main reason we need him. We don't need fit scoring now. We need him to attack basket, setup plays and fast breaks and press the floor. He is good at those things. A good coach can be successful with Thompson current abilities

:huh::ermm::hmm:

So glad to hear that Hubbs decided to stay at UT. Can't wait for him to prove why he is a 5*. I have some hope that next year will be a decent season.

Cue the Breaking News theme music, please:

...When they got news of the roster Tyndall is going to have next season, Billy Donovan and John Calipari bought out all the Ambien at their local pharmacies...

Cue the Breaking News theme music, please:

...When they got news of the roster Tyndall is going to have next season, Billy Donovan and John Calipari bought out all the Ambien at their local pharmacies...

I'm as excited as everyone else, but our roster still isn't world beaters. We're still a lot less talented than Kentucky

I'm as excited as everyone else, but our roster still isn't world beaters. We're still a lot less talented than Kentucky

So are 99.5% of all the other teams in college basketball next year. They will be preseason #1 team in the nation. So what is your point?

Reactions: 3 people
So are 100% of all the other teams in college basketball next year. They will be preseason #1 team in the nation. So what is your point?

FYP

There's no team even close to as talented as Kentucky, some may have experience, but just on talent Kentucky has is by a mile.

Question for the recruiting experts: Do you see Tyndall in the future always holding back some offers until late in the signing period? It seems like every year, there are more and more transfers and decommits. Would saving some slots be smart?

Question for the recruiting experts: Do you see Tyndall in the future always holding back some offers until late in the signing period? It seems like every year, there are more and more transfers and decommits. Would saving some slots be smart?

I think so, that's a problem a lot of people here had with CCM in his time here. He would use up scholarships on lesser talented guys (i.e. Derek Reese) early in the recruiting season, and have no scholarships left over for transfers and late qualifiers laterin the year. Don't get me wrong either, Reese is a good guy and most teams will end up having to pull in a few guys like him just to fill roster spots. But the problem is Zo would get these guys early on in the period instead of waiting, Reese type of players should be more of a backup plan if a 4 or 5 star turns you down, not a first resort. I think DT knows better and understands this and will hold a couple scholarships over til the late period unless he sees a "must have" guy out there

Idk about holding offers, but possibly holding some open scholarships. It depends too on who you can get early, if you can land guys you feel good about in November take them and lock em up. There's also the situation that he knows 1 or 2 guys may leave after the season so while there doesn't appear to be any opening he has a couple.

So was Connecticut.

Yeah, but UCONN had a leader in Shabazz Napier. Senior leadership in the backcourt that's super talented can get you deep into the dance. UCONN also was a better coached team. Not enough accolades go out to Coach Kevin Ollie.

Yeah, but UCONN had a leader in Shabazz Napier. Senior leadership in the backcourt that's super talented can get you deep into the dance. UCONN also was a better coached team. Not enough accolades go out to Coach Kevin Ollie.
But Coach Kevin Ollie didn't recruit and build up those players like Coach Cal did.

But Coach Kevin Ollie didn't recruit and build up those players like Coach Cal did.

Which really proves Ollie is a better coach because he did it with previous talent that wasn't his.

See how you can make arguments fit with just a few words.

FYP

There's no team even close to as talented as Kentucky, some may have experience, but just on talent Kentucky has is by a mile.
Disagree, their guards won't be good enough in the end nationally.. They won't be better than this past team last year

Disagree, their guards won't be good enough in the end nationally.. They won't be better than this past team last year

I would bet whatever you wanted they'll win more games, they may not make the championship game but the team that wins it all isn't always the best team.

You don't think next years Kentucky team wins more than this years? I disagree 110%

I would bet whatever you wanted they'll win more games, they may not make the championship game but the team that wins it all isn't always the best team.

You don't think next years Kentucky team wins more than this years? I disagree 110%
Thy under achieved big time during the regular season, so that's a hard bet to make.. There are about five or six really good teams next year, and unless the Twins really improve, I don't see them winning it all. They are talented in the post, but the Twins and Poythress aren't scary 1-3... They don't have anyone better than Young or Randle, and Cal always ends up playing about 7 guys..

Last edited:
Thy under achieved big time during the regular season, so that's a hard bet to make.. There are about five or six really good teams next year, and unless the Twins really improve, I don't see them winning it all. They are talented in the post, but the Twins and Poythress aren't scary 1-3... They don't have anyone better than Young or Randle, and Cal always ending play about 7 guys..

If the twins don't improve they'll be moved aside by Ullis who's 10x the PG

VN Store

Back