Robert Hubbs is Ready!!

We already know what we are going to get out of Hubbs. He has thoroughly underperformed and 4 years in still hasn't developed a 3 point shot. He could come out guns blazing and make me eat crow but he should be coming off the bench and we should play the young guys because they are the ones who need the playing time.

He has progressed about the same as J Rich stat wise. People need to relax on Hubbs.

I'm pretty excited about watching Hubbs this year. If Barnes can develop him, it gives me really high hopes for what he can do with some of the younger atheletes.

If he is making 350 3s a day and added his 7 in a row or back to go on top of it, it's a good sign his attitude has changed.
Last season this time he was x-boxing.

If he is ready he could be the difference in 12-13 and an NIT run.

As it turned out, he wasn't all that ready...and still had a tendency to disappear for long stretches.

But then he took over the game at Chapel Hill and almost got us a breakout win. He was indeed the best player on the floor, and matched the expectations everybody's had for him almost since his 1st day on campus.

We all love the young guys but if this is going to be a special season it'll rest squarely on the shoulders of RH3.

He has been looking good today. We certainly need more of an inside/outside presence. Without that we are going to rely on our guards creating their own shot all the time. That isn't sustainable. Just because we don't have a true post up guy doesn't mean we shouldn't look in.

That's quite a ploy to get Hubb's dad in on the confrontation. You'd expect that at a grade school level and certainly not in college. Apparently it worked. I hope Hubbs is enjoying the game now. It would be miserable to have all those expectations heaped upon you to excel at something you didn't enjoy.

Reactions: 1 person
Finding the right combination of talent, heart, and passion for the game is what makes legends, not stars. You have to have all of that in order to become a legend.

Players like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, etc. were extremely talented, but what set them apart from other talented players was their passion for the game. Their will to win and do whatever it takes to win.

Hubbs has had the talent all along, but his work ethic has been question by a lot. He's on his 3rd coach and the only coach that was able to get to Hubbs has been Barnes. Barnes has a passion for the game and for coaching so it's not surprising. I'm glad the lights have finally came on for Hubbs!

Finding the right combination of talent, heart, and passion for the game is what makes legends, not stars. You have to have all of that in order to become a legend.

Players like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, etc. were extremely talented, but what set them apart from other talented players was their passion for the game. Their will to win and do whatever it takes to win.

Hubbs has had the talent all along, but his work ethic has been question by a lot. He's on his 3rd coach and the only coach that was able to get to Hubbs has been Barnes. Barnes has a passion for the game and for coaching so it's not surprising. I'm glad the lights have finally came on for Hubbs!

Think it's too late to prove to Nba teams he's worth a pick/gamble?

VN Store

Back