RIP Randy Moore

FearlessFreep

Yep, it's MY fault!
Randy Moore passed away last night of a heart attack while covering a football game. Prayers for his family.

Many here will remember him from the Knoxville Journal and a segment on Tony Basillio's show as well as Editor in Chief of Inside Tennessee.
1116189.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
That's terrible. I sent him an e-mail several months ago and he took the time to reply. We exchanged several more. Good guy. RIP.

Last edited:
Prayers for his family! I hate it when people pray for a player with a sprained ankle, of course that your own prerogative...but I truly believe in the power of prayer.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, could not have been that old. We all need to enjoy every day given to us. Sad but at the least he was doing what he loved at the time. RIP.

Reactions: 2 people
Very sad to hear.. Prayers and exact shade of grace and peace for family and his close friends

Terrible news--and as another said, I think he was still relatively young (or at least not old). Condolences to his family.

That's the guy who walked into the video frame late on Hurd the other day after practice and asked the same Q that was asked 1 minute before. Noticed he had s big Jesus shirt on too. Looked ready. RIP and prayers for that family.

Reactions: 2 people
he was a great writer. Don't I remember him from the Chattanooga News Free Press from years ago? Prayers of comfort to his family

Yeah, I just noticed him around Ethan Wolfe, or somebody, the other day in an interview after practice. Noticed he left before the person finished talking. I read his articles for years in the Rocky Top News, and then it went all internet with insidetennessee.com. I think he is older than he looks. Used to always enjoy he xmas wish list. Like Santa, please bring Saban a new personality. He was the first person from the media that mentioned about Saban being a prick. Since then I've heard others from the Dolphin's players, AL media etc.

Randy was an underrated reporter on all things big orange. Some of these young guys could learn a few things.

63 is much too young.
His insightful reporting on UT sports will be missed by me and many other UT fans.

R.I.P. Randy Moore

Prayers for his family! I hate it when people pray for a player with a sprained ankle, of course that your own prerogative...but I truly believe in the power of prayer.

The Lord is poweful enough to hear the prayers for a sprained ankle as well as things that are more serious. He is awesome like that!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back