Rickea Jackson drafted #4 by Los Angeles!

I think it's a shame no one was there from the program to support her. At least I didn't see anyone. Other players had coaches and teammates. Rickea seemed all alone except her family. I know KH couldn't be there but DW or a teammate should've been. IMO

Reactions: orchidvol
I think it's a shame no one was there from the program to support her. At least I didn't see anyone. Other players had coaches and teammates. Rickea seemed all alone except her family. I know KH couldn't be there but DW or a teammate should've been. IMO
Coach Sam and Catherine Greene were there. Also, the video content creator for the Vols was there. No sign of Kellie, which is very interesting. Whether she was fired or not, still surprised she wasn’t there and hasn’t posted nothing about it online like other staff, including the two above that were present.

Coach Sam and Catherine Greene were there. Also, the video content creator for the Vols was there. No sign of Kellie, which is very interesting. Whether she was fired or not, still surprised she wasn’t there and hasn’t posted nothing about it online like other staff, including the two above that were present.
I’ll just say this, I’m not surprised she didn’t show up for Rickea.

CONGRATULATION RICKEA!!! I have no doubt that you and Rae will ball out. I believe you will prove to be the best overall pick of this years draft. Go Lady Vols.

Also Cora Hall, the local LV beat reporter was there. Rickea actually had really good LV support, same as Jordy had last year.

I'm going to give Kellie some grace here and say she didn't want the fired coach narrative to interfer with Rickea's big night. Holly Rowe would have had that mic in KJH face digging for tears in a nanosecond. Also, Sam has been close to RJ and her Mom for a long, long time so that was fitting. Sam is a less well known fired coach lol.

I forgot Magic Johnson was an owner of the Sparks. There was a video of him at the Sparks watch party talking about how excited he is about RJ's three level scoring.

Ahead of the "angel" Fantastic!!
Actually Angel ended up much higher in the draft than many thought she would. Most analysts attribute that to her fame, not her game. She'll be sort of a niche player, a Rodman type in the W. She seems very dedicated to getting her game up (to match her money already up) and I think she'll be a much more humble player at this level.

Rickea is a much better overall player and is likely to have the better W career.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Actually Angel ended up much higher in the draft than many thought she would. Most analysts attribute that to her fame, not her game. She'll be sort of a niche player, a Rodman type in the W. She seems very dedicated to getting her game up (to match her money already up) and I think she'll be a much more humble player at this level.

Rickea is a much better overall player and is likely to have the better W career.
Rickea will be the best overall player in the draft and that includes Clark so that’s not a big deal. But these are the things I heard when Angel Reese was drafted… Defense, Energy, confidence, relentless. passion and love for the game, work ethic. She’s the type of player u can build around, she’s a winner and leader, instills confidence in her teammates. can u show me where they said she was only drafted because of her fame?

Rickea will be the best overall player in the draft and that includes Clark so that’s not a big deal. But these are the things I heard when Angel Reese was drafted… Defense, Energy, confidence, relentless. passion and love for the game, work ethic. She’s the type of player u can build around, she’s a winner and leader, instills confidence in her teammates. can u show me where they said she was only drafted because of her fame?
I'd say Angel is a W player you can build with, not around. And the attributes you mentioned are exactly what the draft analysts were talking about, intangibles, including her fame. Not her game. But no one ever said she'd be drafted because of these, but that she moved several places up in the draft because of them. Based on game, most have had her late first round at best for a long time.

I'd say Angel is a W player you can build with, not around. And the attributes you mentioned are exactly what the draft analysts were talking about, intangibles, including her fame. No one ever said she'd be drafted because of these, but that she moved several places up in the draft because of them. Based on game, most have had her late first round at best for a long time.

Ah Ha. So being divisive moved her up...... I get it now.

VN Store

Back