Rex Chapman says Cal headed to Lakers

Jonboy

I have no idea if he's trolling or not, but it seems a very odd thing to tweet about right before they play in the National Championship game.

@rexchapman
Was messin' 'round on Sat nite re: Cal. But word is - win or lose 2nite - it's a #DoneDeal ...Cal 2 La-La-Land 2 coach Mamba's Lakers. #NoBS

@rexchapman
If u've ever doubted the passion of BBN - look no further than the past 45-mins. Gotta love it.

@rexchapman
I don't live in some dream world & have alwys called it straight. Alwys will. Let's not 4get, 6-wks ago many in BBN would've walked Cal 2 LA

@rexchapman
Let's be clear - I want people to "unfollow" who are idiotic enough to be upset over something I say. U must not kno me, Mane.

https://twitter.com/rexchapman

Who is Rex Chapman?
You must be young. :)

rex_chapman.jpg

612554-rex_chapman.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Chapman worked in the NBA front office with the nuggets after he retired from playing, so he very well could have some ties.

Is he to UK was Ainge is to UT? Just a talking head?
I'd say he's far more prominent in UK history than Ainge is to UT history, but yeah...just a talking head. He actually did the TNT broadcast for the Final 4 game against Wisconsin.

Rex must not care about his relationship with the UK program any longer, if this is not true I'm sure he will be black balled from anything to do with UK athletics. He should have sat on this for another 2 hours. Which means I love Rex Chapman.

Rex Chapman also doesn't know how to get someone to stop calling and texting him.

That's strange. This morning on Dan Patrick Show he denied Cal would leave. He said, " Where would he go? It's not like Phil Jackson will hire him." I think Rex likes the spotlight.

Well it's not the current coach with the lakers now...and the Knicks will be needing a new coach as well

It was asked in another thread, but I didn't see any serious responses. Who would UK go after?

Rex bailed when the NCAA showed up in the 80s, and it became clear that getting paid to play for UK was no longer an option.

@FOXSportsLive: Calipari on @rexchapman tweet: "Lakers have a basketball coach. Kentucky has a basketball coach. I won't even dignify that"

@RealJayWilliams: When Calipari was asked about leaving UK for the Lakers, The word "NO" was never heard. #VeryInteresting @ESPNCBB @ESPNNBA

@FOXSportsLive: Calipari on @rexchapman tweet: "Lakers have a basketball coach. Kentucky has a basketball coach. I won't even dignify that"

@RealJayWilliams: When Calipari was asked about leaving UK for the Lakers, The word "NO" was never heard. #VeryInteresting @ESPNCBB @ESPNNBA

Yep. Lol

VN Store

Back