4* CB Justin Martin - projected starter in 2017
3* CB Darrell Miller - transfer
4* S Micah Aberanthy - projected starter in 2017
3* S Stephen Griffin - transfer

(Special Teams)
3* LS Riley Lovingood - projected starter in 2017
3* P Tommy Townsend - transfer

2015 Class by the numbers:
30 signees (4 five-stars, 13 four-stars, 12 three-stars, 1 two-star)
1 current NFL Player (Alvin Kamara)
2 career-ending injuries (Andrew Butcher and Joe Young)
8 transfers
12 projected starters in 2017
5 projected backups in 2017

This is the class that is going to lead Tennessee to the national title in 2017. Its their 3rd year in the program now. Its put up or shut up time. If you look at names in this class, you will see a ton of talented players (especially on the defense side of the football) that for one reason or another haven't put it all together quite yet. I think this is the year for the 2015 class to live up to their recruiting rank.

Reactions: 6 people
Absolutely disagree with this prediction, but cant say it is that unreasonable. You have got to get lucky once with these predictions, so hopefully this is the one.

Reactions: 2 people
Who cares?
homey.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Well, considering most of the high star kids on that class are gone, and considering that the quiet classes that came in after 2015 are going to be the stars this year....

I like your enthusiasm, and respect your relentlessness. I simply have to disagree.

Well, considering most of the high star kids on that class are gone, and considering that the quiet classes that came in after 2015 are going to be the stars this year....

I like your enthusiasm, and respect your relentlessness. I simply have to disagree.

You might want to look at that depth chart closely tomorrow. Most of the names that'll be listed as starters will be from the 2015 class.

QB Quinten Dormady
RB John Kelly
WR Jauan Jennings
LT Drew Richmond
LG Jack Jones

DE Darrell Taylor
DT Kahlil McKenzie
LB Darrin Kirkland Jr.
LB Austin Smith
CB Justin Martin
S Micah Abernathy

11 of 22/23 starters in 2017 will be from the 2015 class. By the far the most in terms of representation of any of our 4/5 class still on campus. And it makes perfect sense. Most of your starters in any healthy program should be your junior class.

You might want to look at that depth chart closely tomorrow. Most of the names that'll be listed as starters will be from the 2015 class.

QB Quinten Dormady
RB John Kelly
WR Jauan Jennings
LT Drew Richmond
LG Jack Jones

DE Darrell Taylor
DT Kahlil McKenzie
LB Darrin Kirkland Jr.
LB Austin Smith
CB Justin Martin
S Micah Abernathy

11 of 22/23 starters in 2017 will be from the 2015 class. By the far the most in terms of representation of any of our 4/5 class still on campus. And it makes perfect sense. Most of your starters in any healthy program should be your junior class.

And 11/22 is not most.

Rank
#3 on 247Sports
#4 on Rivals
#5 on ESPN
#5 on Scout

Players
(Offense)
4* QB Quinten Dormady - projected starter in 2017
4* QB Jauan Jennings - projected starter in 2017 at WR
4* QB Sheriron Jones - transfer
5* RB Alvin Kamara - NFL Player
3* RB John Kelly - projected starter in 2017
2* RB Joe Young - career ending injury
3* ATH Jocquez Bruce - transfer
5* WR Preston Williams - transfer
3* WR Vincent Perry - transfer
3* TE Kyle Oliver - transfer
4* OL Venzell Boulware - projected backup in 2017
4* OL Jack Jones - projected starter in 2017
3* OL Chance Hall - out for season with injury
4* OL Drew Richmond - projected starter in 2017
3* OL Zach Stewart - never reported

(Defense)
4* DE Andrew Butcher - career ending injury
4* DE Darrell Taylor - projected starter in 2017
5* DE Kyle Phillips - projected backup in 2017
5* DT Kahlil McKenzie - projected starter in 2017
4* DT Shy Tuttle - projected backup in 2017
3* DT Quay Picou - projected backup in 2017
4* LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. - projected starter in 2017
4* LB Quart'e Sapp - projected backup in 2017
3* LB Austin Smith - projected starter in 2017
4* CB Justin Martin - projected starter in 2017
3* CB Darrell Miller - transfer
4* S Micah Aberanthy - projected starter in 2017
3* S Stephen Griffin - transfer

(Special Teams)
3* LS Riley Lovingood - projected starter in 2017
3* P Tommy Townsend - transfer

2015 Class by the numbers:
30 signees (4 five-stars, 13 four-stars, 12 three-stars, 1 two-star)
1 current NFL Player (Alvin Kamara)
2 career-ending injuries (Andrew Butcher and Joe Young)
8 transfers
12 projected starters in 2017
5 projected backups in 2017

This is the class that is going to lead Tennessee to the national title in 2017. Its their 3rd year in the program now. Its put up or shut up time. If you look at names in this class, you will see a ton of talented players (especially on the defense side of the football) that for one reason or another haven't put it all together quite yet. I think this is the year for the 2015 class to live up to their recruiting rank.

D4H, this one of your quotes in the Bituli better be playing thread. " Butch Jones might need to start looking for a new job. This is Tennessee. Perpetual underachievement is unacceptable"

I will agree with you for once that underachievement is unaccepatable (especially when we have talent).Now the 2015 class (that CBJ put together) is going to win us a Natty in 2017? So CBJ and staff don't know which LB to play and will lead us to a Natty this year? Crazy as it sounds, you cease to amaze me. You can't have it both ways dude. You are so back and forth, it is insane.

Last edited:
Well sir, it's my opinion that EVERYONE is going to play, and that Tennessee plays more freshmen then anybody. Those guys may be helpful in teaching our freshmen, but we will be leaning on our freshmen, and they are damn good. Truely talented kids. That is the posistion UT is in, and I believe we will succeed.

I think Austin Smith is pretty underrated. He's played meaningful time for us over the past 2 seasons which people don't seem to talk about. Besides his first few games, he was never a guy who really got burned or out of position. That was usually our 2 deep LB's last season and Jumper for a while. Austin Smith has been pretty consistent.

Not sure if Pro-bound, but I think he deserves more recognition.

D4H, this one of your quotes in the Bituli better be playing thread. " Butch Jones might need to start looking for a new job. This is Tennessee. Perpetual underachievement is unacceptable"

I will agree with you for once that underachievement is unaccepatable (especially when we have talent).Now the 2015 class (that CBJ put together) is going to win us a Natty in 2017? So CBJ and staff don't know which LB to play and will lead us to a Natty this year? Crazy as it sounds, you cease to amaze me. You can't have it both ways dude. You are so back and forth, it is insane.

Trying to have it both ways is his entire routine.

This is the same guy who made these same predictions last year and claimed he doesn't makes excuses; and follows that up with endless excuses as to why he was wrong in 2016.

Is this similar to your analysis last year that had us having the best starting 22 in the nation?

And we had 17 starters go down to injury. Only if we could've stayed healthy.

I'll tell you this. We ALSO have the best starting 22 in the nation THIS SEASON. And this year we'll stay healthy and win it all. You can book it.

And we had 17 starters go down to injury. Only if we could've stayed healthy.

I'll tell you this. We ALSO have the best starting 22 in the nation THIS SEASON. And this year we'll stay healthy and win it all. You can book it.

Why am I so certain there is zero chance you would actually "book it"? I'm guessing there are scads of people on this forum that would take you up on a bet but I don't envision you accepting.

VN Store

Back