Revenge of the Vols.......

Maybe I haven't followed them closely enough, then. I mean, have they not played well enough to be ranked this high? That's an honest question. I could be missing something.
I just don't think they're very athletic and their defense is going to get drilled by athletic teams with any semblance of shooting. That lame and lazy 2-3 they threw at us will get punished and they don't have the footspeed to be a good M2M defensive squad.

They shoot the lights out, they win. They shoot mediocre against a decent team, they take the gas.

I just don't see who you could put in font of them at this point.. If Gonzaga isn't 4th... then we aren't in the top 20.
I would, no questions about it, put Louisville ahead of them.

It took a very good night for them and an awful one from us for them to get that win. I don't think we'll see that result again.

I would, no questions about it, put Louisville ahead of them.

It took a very good night for them and an awful one from us for them to get that win. I don't think we'll see that result again.

I agree it did take a lot to get them that win and I see us winning convincingly in January.. but most of the top teams have slipped to this point. They haven't.

Where, exactly, would you rank them? They've been nothing but impressive so far this season.

I would not put them 4th. I applaud their out of conference schedule, as it is more impressive than most "mid-major" schools. Gonzaga is good. Few is a good coach .
But as most posters agree, it took a ridiculous shooting night from them and a piss poor performance from Tenn for the Zags to pull out the win. Even then, Tenn still had an opportunity to win.

They will be humbled when they come to TBA. Tenn will not lose to them again.

Think they can and will win.
Think they underestimated the zags a little and my have been too high on the hog after beating the hoyas.
Someone mentioned there lack of D. I thought the D played good enough to win but rather they pissed away crucial offensive possesions. Just my 2 cents.

Think they can and will win.
Think they underestimated the zags a little and my have been too high on the hog after beating the hoyas.
Someone mentioned there lack of D. I thought the D played good enough to win but rather they pissed away crucial offensive possesions. Just my 2 cents.

If you play decent perimeter D, the other team isn't likely to go 11 for 20 from beyond the arc. Since that game, I believe Pearl has ramped up efforts on the defensive end. No way they hit those kind of numbers in our house. Combine that with home court advantage and Zaga better come out firing on all cylinders to pull out a win.

VN Store

Back