Rest In Peace

Lefty Driesell<y

Not saying he did anything wrong, but I can’t hear his name without also thinking about what happened to Bias.

@volfanbill @RDU VOL#14
one of my favorite basketball personalities, particularly in the 60s and 70s. My freshman year roommate, Eric Minkin, was a member of his final recruiting class at Davidson

Davidson[edit]​

Driesell at Davidson in 1963 was Duke graduate
Driesell served as the head coach at Davidson from 1960 to 1969. During his tenure his teams won three Southern Conference tournaments and five regular season championships,[9] earning him the Southern Conference Sportswriters Association Coach of the Year award four years running from 1963 to 1966.[10] An excellent recruiter at each of his collegiate coaching stops,[11] Driesell landed Dick Snyder, a first round selection by the St. Louis Hawks.[12] He cinched his wooing of college prospect Don Davidson by telling him "I'll put your name on the front [of your jersey]".[11] When legendary NC State head coach Everett Case attempted to lure Driesell with an assistant position offer Lefty replied, "Coach, I got a better team than you got. Why would I do that?"[11]

Last edited:
NBA And ABA BAKETBALL DRAFTEES RECRUITED BY LEFTY AT DAVIDSON are those chosen from 1965 thru 1972

at least 6 of his Davidson recruits played from my four yearstplayed for [international pro teams

Last edited:
I truly would never have thought that Rosalynn would go before him. A remarkable couple; very, very rare in American politics, or really anywhere these days.
yeah, like I said in a previous post that thankfully was part of what was deleted, watching TV with my dad is like watching 50 channels 5 seconds at a time. I thought it said that he had finally passed but it was just marking the anniversary of him being put in Hospice.

yeah, like I said in a previous post that thankfully was part of what was deleted, watching TV with my dad is like watching 50 channels 5 seconds at a time. I thought it said that he had finally passed but it was just marking the anniversary of him being put in Hospice.
I hope my physical body doesn’t outlive my mind. I’ve seen too much of that.

14 years old. So sad. All I could find was this.

"As per online sources, Charlee Blackburn lost her life unexpectedly. The reason for her death is not mentioned in any of the social media platforms. The further process was being taken care of by the police department. The community and school miss her profoundly and pray for her and their family."

Reactions: Vjcvette
14 years old. So sad. All I could find was this.

"As per online sources, Charlee Blackburn lost her life unexpectedly. The reason for her death is not mentioned in any of the social media platforms. The further process was being taken care of by the police department. The community and school miss her profoundly and pray for her and their family."
It's weird. There is literally nothing out there except something from the school. It feels like this family is about to live a nightmare (not that losing a child isn't in fact a nightmare.)

VN Store

Back