Reseeding the sweet 16

Clad in Big Orange

Last edited:
I get why some would be down on us, but what are the chances that we have another 12% shooting performance from 3? It's more likely we revert to the mean.

On the other hand we have played top level defense and have smothered opposing guards. If we put both sides together, we will beat anyone.

I want to see 4 straight performances in par with the game we turned in at Rupp. Granted KY had an epic bad defense, but we were just locked in, shared the duties perfectly, multiple heroes, abundance of grit and confidence. We play like that, the sky’s the limit.

CBS has Vols at 12. Creighton at 11. Frankly, hard to criticize them based on the eye test after the Texas game. Barnes needs to use this as I think we play better with an “underdog” mentality.

But there isn't an eye test once the NCAA Tournament has started. Just win. I'll take another ugly win on Friday night, and sleep like a baby.

We are the favorite Friday although by a very slim margin. I would think many people believe we will not score enough to beat Creighton as their strength is shooting the ball. We shall see, who knows, Barnes may have a trick up his sleeve Friday night. I like our chances. It would be very nice if we could get their big guy in foul trouble early. Without their rim protector, I feel we can drive it and score or get to the free throw line. One thing for sure, it’s gonna be a back and forth game for the most part I believe. It would not surprise me to be a 1 possession game to determine the winner. This game will not end until around 1230 am EST.

Reactions: Reckoner84
We are the favorite Friday although by a very slim margin. I would think many people believe we will not score enough to beat Creighton as their strength is shooting the ball. We shall see, who knows, Barnes may have a trick up his sleeve Friday night. I like our chances. It would be very nice if we could get their big guy in foul trouble early. Without their rim protector, I feel we can drive it and score or get to the free throw line. One thing for sure, it’s gonna be a back and forth game for the most part I believe. It would not surprise me to be a 1 possession game to determine the winner. This game will not end until around 1230 am EST.

I’ll be shocked if their big gets into early foul trouble. I fully expect Awaka and at least one TN starter to pic up 2 quick fouls.

Funny how defense doesn’t count as playing well, only offense. If someone wins 119 to 110, that team is considered as “on fire” typically.
This is true. Same w individual players ... good = points points points,. and I get it. But, take DK, nearly NPOY. But, God forbid, we had to finish without him or ZZ ... who would you drop? Tough decision IMO. But ZZ isnt in the convo because his production is not points, but all the other things.

They are not a foul prone team, even tho 6 players are on the court 36-38min/game. I think CRB exploits that with our D.

Too bad our freshmen aren’t more reliable and allow us to go more than 8 deep. I don’t trust any of the freshmen to not give up easy points in a close game. The outcome could be determined by just a couple of scores. We’d need a faster paced game with lots of possessions to work one or two in for a few minutes.

They are not a foul prone team, even tho 6 players are on the court 36-38min/game. I think CRB exploits that with our D.
They only got called for 12 against Oregon and that was a 2OT game in which they did some intentional fouling at the end of regulation if memory serves.

Barnes isn’t one for tricks. He will stress defense first and try to get turnovers. Creighton had quite a few against the Ducks, and our D is better than theirs. I hope Barnes has some sort of juju though to stimulate our offense. We’ve seen this show before in the tournament and I hate to see it again. While I hope “we got our poor shooting game behind us” that’s some wishful thinking. Knecht hit a rough patch of several games when he got banged up in December and the team rallied to make up the lost production. I can hear a lot of “Hope” going around in the forum, let’s turn it into points!

Too bad our freshmen aren’t more reliable and allow us to go more than 8 deep. I don’t trust any of the freshmen to not give up easy points in a close game. The outcome could be determined by just a couple of scores. We’d need a faster paced game with lots of possessions to work one or two in for a few minutes.
Estrella came in and immediately got smoked. Our starters played a ton of minutes. Glad we get several days of rest.

Well at least we got the bad shooting game out of the way, and we survived.

That was exactly my thought after we won the game. Thankfully, we played elite defense and TX didn't have anyone playing at a high level other than Disu (until late) and Hunter (started late).

Off topic and feel free not to answer. Are you a Physiatrist, Back Surgeon or Chiropractor?

I have 12 herniated discs from 2 car accidents since late 2022....four cervical, three thoracic and five lumbar as well as a fractured anterior column in the L4-L5 area. 10 of herniated discs and fracture happened on 12/26/22 and never fully healed. Fracture and multiple herniated discs were re- aggravated 1/13/24 in an accident that also caused the 2 new herniated discs and a fractured radius near my right wrist.

Pain level has never really seemed as bad as I expected but does cause me problems with stiffness and pain, especially after strenuous activity. I'm almost 42 and stopped going to my Orthopedic doctor because they seemed like they were just going after my car insurance money....they had a chiropractor in office that would pop my back in one spot twice a week and no other treatment.

Any recommendations on exercises or should I go to a different Orthopedic group or Chiropractor?

Sorry for long post and feel free to email at raleigh.hamrick2007@gmail.com if you have any interest in replying. Much appreciated and understood if not.

That was exactly my thought after we won the game. Thankfully, we played elite defense and TX didn't have anyone playing at a high level other than Disu (until late) and Hunter (started late).

Off topic and feel free not to answer. Are you a Physiatrist, Back Surgeon or Chiropractor?

I have 12 herniated discs from 2 car accidents since late 2022....four cervical, three thoracic and five lumbar as well as a fractured anterior column in the L4-L5 area. 10 of herniated discs and fracture happened on 12/26/22 and never fully healed. Fracture and multiple herniated discs were re- aggravated 1/13/24 in an accident that also caused the 2 new herniated discs and a fractured radius near my right wrist.

Pain level has never really seemed as bad as I expected but does cause me problems with stiffness and pain, especially after strenuous activity. I'm almost 42 and stopped going to my Orthopedic doctor because they seemed like they were just going after my car insurance money....they had a chiropractor in office that would pop my back in one spot twice a week and no other treatment.

Any recommendations on exercises or should I go to a different Orthopedic group or Chiropractor?

Sorry for long post and feel free to email at raleigh.hamrick2007@gmail.com if you have any interest in replying. Much appreciated and understood if not.
I'm a Chiropractor; naturally you would want to try Chiropractic first since it's much less invasive as drugs or surgery. Chiro. usually does not help if the disc is torn. If you got relief from the Chiro. in the past, I would continue that.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Barnes isn’t one for tricks. He will stress defense first and try to get turnovers. Creighton had quite a few against the Ducks, and our D is better than theirs. I hope Barnes has some sort of juju though to stimulate our offense. We’ve seen this show before in the tournament and I hate to see it again. While I hope “we got our poor shooting game behind us” that’s some wishful thinking. Knecht hit a rough patch of several games when he got banged up in December and the team rallied to make up the lost production. I can hear a lot of “Hope” going around in the forum, let’s turn it into points!
Yeah, of the teams left in our region, the Bluejays are last in TO margin, and we are first.

Hope I’m wrong but I think we’ve reached our ceiling. We don’t have the offense. I expect Creighton to win a close 63-59 contest.
Ahh, the classic "I hope I'm wrong" while proceeding to express the same thoughts in multiple threads. Come on Haze, sit back partake in some of your screenname and have a little belief!!! lol

GBO

I’d pick those guys up 3/4 court with tight disruptive defense while regularly rotating my main 8 guys. See how well those guys can respond to our pressure

Reactions: livefaith
CBS has Vols at 12. Creighton at 11. Frankly, hard to criticize them based on the eye test after the Texas game. Barnes needs to use this as I think we play better with an “underdog” mentality.

I don't disagree with this but that might not be a bad thing. We could play our best games moving forward while others may return to earth.

I'm a Chiropractor; naturally you would want to try Chiropractic first since it's much less invasive as drugs or surgery. Chiro. usually does not help if the disc is torn. If you got relief from the Chiro. in the past, I would continue that.

Thanks. I have always liked chiropractic care mixed with massage but my last chiropractor sucked. I only have a $10 co-pay for chiropractors so will probably do that. The orthopedic group kept trying to push surgery on me but screw that.

VN Store

Back