Report: Top QB recruit decommits from USC

Fair point, although you guys collect a handful of 5* kids every recruiting cycle.

Even 5*s don't pan out in college. Honestly, expectations are very high for highly rated players but college is a whole different ball game from high school.

Sure, it's exciting to land a couple of highly rated recruits every cycle but it's usually just for bragging rights. Once they step on that field, their ranking coming out of high school doesn't mean a damn thing if you ain't mentally prepared.

Even 5*s don't pan out in college. Honestly, expectations are very high for highly rated players but college is a whole different ball game from high school.

Sure, it's exciting to land a couple of highly rated recruits every cycle but it's usually just for bragging rights. Once they step on that field, their ranking coming out of high school doesn't mean a damn thing if you ain't mentally prepared.

In that case I take back all my excitement over Corrall's commitment.

0-12

Last edited:
I don't think he's going to back out.
They just had a few other guys commit and now are Top10 on 24/7

This kid will break the curse and be the next great gator quarterback if he actually sticks to his commitment and doesn't do something moronic like Will Grier

Maybe not great that means heisman at UF but at the very least I think he could be one of the best in the sec or maybe even the country

He's a hell of a lot of fun to watch in his film that's for sure kids got a frickin cannon and he dodges pass rushers really well actually looks like he has some decent speed

Kind of reminds me of elway

Last edited:
This kid will break the curse and be the next great gator quarterback if he actually sticks to his commitment and doesn't do something moronic like Will Grier

Maybe not great that means heisman at UF but at the very least I think he could be one of the best in the sec or maybe even the country

He's a hell of a lot of fun to watch in his film that's for sure kids got a frickin cannon and he dodges pass rushers really well actually looks like he has some decent speed

Kind of reminds me of elway

Oh I don't know about Elway, he's like Dan Marino with Michael Vicks legs and Peyton's field presence and vision. Definite 2-3x heisman winner and NFL hall of famer. Will break every QB record in both college and NFL. Congrats

Oh I don't know about Elway, he's like Dan Marino with Michael Vicks legs and Peyton's field presence and vision. Definite 2-3x heisman winner and NFL hall of famer. Will break every QB record in both college and NFL. Congrats

Your use of hyperbole is noted.

McElwain's critics blasted him the last two years over not signing a high profile QB, present company included.

You can cross that off the list now.

Last edited:
He won't be there much longer. His teams underachieve, he's Mark Richt 2.0

that's false

the last 2 years fla was picked 3rd and 4th in the east

this year with zaire and franks is the best I've felt about the talent at quarterback since grier got suspended but we'll see what happens

I'm not sure how he could of done much better with the likes of Del rio, appleby and harris at quarterback 10 wins is pretty damn close to the ceiling with those guys

Last edited:
Your use of hyperbole is noted.

McElwain's critics blasted him the last two years over not signing a high profile QB, present company included.

You can cross that off the list now.

We can cross that off the list in Jan/Feb, whenever signing day happens.

Wow. Back to back East championships in his first 2 years and he is underachieve? What were the expectations for JM his first 2 years?

Back to back national titles, with Treon Harris and Austin Appleby winning Heismans in 2015 and 2016 respectively.

:blink:

Wow. Back to back East championships in his first 2 years and he is underachieve? What were the expectations for JM his first 2 years?

2007 was a disappointment for us. 9-3, backed into the SEC East, barely lost to the National Champion LSU in the SEC

VN Store

Back