Report: Heat to make offer to Josh Richardson after strong summer league

Josh will be perfect for them. They don't need him to score and everyone knows he can be a very good defender at the NBA level. He won't get a ton of minutes at first, but I can see him getting more towards the middle of the season. Riley loves him too!

Thought he was apart of their d-league team?

Played 32 games last year. Signed a 2-year deal after a couple of 10-day contracts.

He did break his jaw a few weeks ago but should be ready for the start of the season.

Played 32 games last year. Signed a 2-year deal after a couple of 10-day contracts.

He did break his jaw a few weeks ago but should be ready for the start of the season.

Didn't get to watch a lot of their games because most weren't on TV, just know about him through summer league. I know their roster (most) but I had no clue he actually had a spot or played.

I'm not sure to what extent the trade affects Josh. IIRC, they had 12 players between the 1-3 positions, so they were going to get rid of some regardless. I don't think you can necessarily say it's a good sign for Josh, but it's certainly not bad IMO.

I'm not sure to what extent the trade affects Josh. IIRC, they had 12 players between the 1-3 positions, so they were going to get rid of some regardless. I don't think you can necessarily say it's a good sign for Josh, but it's certainly not bad IMO.

@LeBatardShow: Zoran Dragic had been traded to Boston. Heat really like Richardson. Goran is fine with it. Zoran wants playing time.

Wow, really cool to see this article and all the support for Josh. Seems like JRich has charmed Miami thoroughly!

Shabazz Napier Traded: Will Miami Heat Sign Josh Richardson Next?

The Sun Sentinel reports that Josh Richardson, who was a second-round draft pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, had some time to play in the point guard position for the Miami Heat during the summer league.

Even though an official decision has not been confirmed yet, quite a few Miami Heat fans and critics strongly believe that the Napier trade is a clear sign of a Richardson signing.

Supreme Kai
‏@Supr3meKai
Josh Richardson is already vastly better than Napier. Wish him luck though.
Hohenheim of Light
‏@Ac3_B00gie
Good thing about trading Napier is there is now room for Josh Richardson...now Miami just gotta trade Chalmers lol
mario wright
‏@Briccyardlilyo
When comparing Josh Richardson to Shabazz Napier! Richardson is bigger, a better shooter, better defender, & can play mutiple positions!
Having Josh Richardson’s versatility and overall athleticism featured in the Miami Heat spotlight could actually play out very well for the team.

With deadlines approaching and a new season just months away, it will be very interesting to see what Pat Riley and the Miami Heat decide to do next.

Good news everyone.. The Miami Heat traded Shabazz Napier to the Orlando Magic and also intend to trade Mario Chalmers. Which should leave room for Miami to offer a guaranteed (to partially guaranteed) contract. I have reading a few Miami Heat articles on Josh, and the Heat want him, but they just had to make room. This trade is definitely a good sign.

The article I posted supports your argument bro. Kudos homie.

The article I posted supports your argument bro. Kudos homie.
Thanks man! I was reading that basically Shabazz Napier, Mario Chalmers and Zoran had to be traded to make room for Josh. I know the ESPN article said Shabazz was just a salary dump, but they still wanted/want Josh and it was still seen as a positive to Heat fans that Josh may get a guarnateed deal.

@Ben_Fred
Josh Richardson reportedly signed a 3-year, $2.5 mil deal with Heat. Here's his recruiting profile out of high school pic.twitter.com/cMSoSeZmZm

VN Store

Back