Renewed/New Shows Announced!

Unreal that Dads gets a full season. The critics have roasted it and the ratings have been rather poor.

Giovanni Ribisi has someone at Fox by the balls....cause that show shouldn't have aired even a second episode.

(Don't get me wrong, Giovanni Ribisi is awesome, its weird he's doing TV, but he's awesome.)

I wouldn't say that it is giovanni so much as it is seth green. That whole family guy success might make them obligated to give seth green opportunity even if it blows. Even though family guy has been awful after the first two seasons. Won't ever watch this dads show because it just looks awful. Giovanni had to really dumb down his talent to participate in that garbage. Feel bad for him, honestly, because dude is an absolutely incredible actor.

I wouldn't say that it is giovanni so much as it is seth green. That whole family guy success might make them obligated to give seth green opportunity even if it blows. Even though family guy has been awful after the first two seasons. Won't ever watch this dads show because it just looks awful. Giovanni had to really dumb down his talent to participate in that garbage. Feel bad for him, honestly, because dude is an absolutely incredible actor.

I don't hate Seth Green; he does some funny stuff with Robot Chicken, and he's good at silly, stoner type humor. But the dude will never be taken seriously as any kind of actor because he'll forever be a teenager. He even still looks like a teenager, and he certainly still acts like one.

GR deserves so much better; he is WAY too good for this show.

The only way it will remind you of Cheers is it will make you drink like you were at the actual Cheers bar.

I wasn't trying to compare the two. I was just saying that Cheers wasn't loved from day one.

If Dads is as bad as y'all say, I'm glad I haven't watched it.

I don't hate Seth Green; he does some funny stuff with Robot Chicken, and he's good at silly, stoner type humor. But the dude will never be taken seriously as any kind of actor because he'll forever be a teenager. He even still looks like a teenager, and he certainly still acts like one.

GR deserves so much better; he is WAY too good for this show.

I agree. Giovanni would be awesome if he had a drama type show that he could show out how awesome of an actor he is. Surprised hbo hasn't picked him up for something, tbh. Just can't fathom why he would have signed on to this.

'Back In The Game' Canceled by ABC; 'Trophy Wife' & 'The Goldbergs' Get Full Seasons; More Episodes for 'Super Fun Night'

ABC - Back In the Game - Cancelled!

ABC - The Goldbergs - Get Full Season Order

ABC - Trophy Wife - Get Full Season Order
I'm not usually a sitcom fan as up until this year the only one I really watched was The Big Bang Theory. I never did watch shows like Seinfeld or Friends. I decided to give some of the new shows a chance and Trophy Wife and The Goldbergs are really good. Trophy Wife has a great cast and Goldbergs brings back a lot of memories of my late elementary & middle school years. Its almost like a a 1980's version of the Wonder Years.

Last edited:
NBC - Sean Saves The World - Cancelled!!

'Sean Saves The World' Canceled By NBC, Production Shut Down

With anemic ratings that had Sean Saves The World pegged for certain cancellation, the news that production has been shut down isn't a big surprise. The show had received a backorder of 5 episodes for a total of 18, but Deadline reports production has now been shut down with only 14 of the episodes shot, 13 of which have already aired.

I thought this was as good a place to post as any. If they round out the rest of the cast with solid supporting actors this one could be as good as the other two NCIS series. I hope they film on location in New Orleans & Louisiana!

I wonder if NBC still looks back and thinks what might have been? :banghead2:

Scott Bakula To Topline CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff

Scott Bakula is set to lead the cast of CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff set in New Orleans. Like the mothership series starring Mark Harmon, the spinoff too is built around a central character, NCIS Special Agent Pride, played by Bakula. Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and Harmon
, spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. It centers on NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula), who embodies New Orleans. He’s driven by the need to do what’s right and does it all with warmth, passion, strength and humor. The planted spinoff will air as a two-part NCIS episode this spring. Quantum Leap and Men Of A Certain Age alum Bakula was recently nominated for an Emmy for his role in HBO Films’ Liberace biopic Behind The Candelabra and currently recurs on the new HBO comedy Looking. Bakula, repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content, has completed India-set musical Basmati Blues opposite Brie Larson and Elsa And Fred opposite Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine.

Last edited:
I thought this was as good a place to post as any. If they round out the rest of the cast with solid supporting actors this one could be as good as the other two NCIS series. I hope they film on location in New Orleans & Louisiana!

I wonder if NBC still looks back and thinks what might have been? :banghead2:

I haven't watch the original but I've just started watching LA. Daniela Ruah has instantly become one of my celebrity crushes :whistling:

I haven't watch the original but I've just started watching LA. Daniela Ruah has instantly become one of my celebrity crushes :whistling:

I like them both the original is in its eleventh season and shows know signs of stopping.

Third generation spin-off. NCIS spun out of JAG and has now spawned two of its own. At what point do you become concerned they're reaching their "Joanie Loves Chachi" stage?

Third generation spin-off. NCIS spun out of JAG and has now spawned two of its own. At what point do you become concerned they're reaching their "Joanie Loves Chachi" stage?
Well both have fantastic acting and exceptional writing and the ratings are in the top 5 programs on network television.

Well both have fantastic acting and exceptional writing and the ratings are in the top 5 programs on network television.

Didn't say the existing ones were bad. I enjoy both. But there comes a point when you go to the well one too many times.

I also liked JAG back in the day. It would be cool to see some of the characters from that show pop up in a guest appearance and elaborate on their characters' lives. A reunion without a reunion show.

Didn't say the existing ones were bad. I enjoy both. But there comes a point when you go to the well one too many times.

I also liked JAG back in the day. It would be cool to see some of the characters from that show pop up in a guest appearance and elaborate on their characters' lives. A reunion without a reunion show.
Admiral A.J. Chegwidden (John M. Jackson) now a civilian lawyer guest stared on last years NCIS season finale. :salute:

It will die off eventually; CSI had 2 successful spinoffs, and both of them are done now, with only the original (somehow) still around.

I think a second spinoff of a show is the point where the saturation kicks in.

Another cast member announced!

Zoe McLellan Cast In CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff

Zoe McLellan Cast In CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff

Zoe McLellan (Dirty Sexy Money) is set to co-star opposite Scott Bakula in CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff set in New Orleans. Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and Mark Harmon, the spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. It centers on NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula). McLellan, repped by Domain, will play Special Agent Brody, a fish-out-of-water mid-western transplant who come to New Orleans looking for a fresh start and a safe haven to heal old wounds. The planted spinoff will air as a two-part NCIS episode this spring.
Interesting that she played Petty Officer Jennifer Coates on several seasons of JAG

Last edited:
It will die off eventually; CSI had 2 successful spinoffs, and both of them are done now, with only the original (somehow) still around.

I think a second spinoff of a show is the point where the saturation kicks in.

I liked CSI until Grissom left, then it fell off. But I started watching again when Ted Danson joined the cast. I thought there was no way he would fit that show, but he surprised me. I actually like his character and think it breathed some new life into the show.

One more and I really like this one!

CCH Pounder (Warehouse 13, The Shield ) has joined Scott Bakula and Zoe McLellan in CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff. Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and Mark Harmon, the spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. It centers on NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula). Pounder, who has been recurring on FX’s Sons of Anarchy, will play Dr. Wade, the Jefferson Parish Medical Examiner who us as eccentric as she is smart and also is intuitive and incredibly connected to Louisiana.

Never thought I would see or be posting this!!! :jawdrop:

NBC To Bring Back ‘Heroes’ As 13-Episode Event Miniseries In 2015
NBC To Bring Back ‘Heroes’ As 13-Episode Event Miniseries In 2015

On the heels of Fox reviving its iconic drama 24 as an event miniseries, NBC is doing the same with one of its most popular serialized dramas of the past decade, superhero series Heroes. Creator Tim Kring is back shepherding the 13-episode new standalone arc entitled Heroes: Reborn, which will air in 2015.

The original series chronicled the intertwined stories of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities and learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world. Heroes Reborn will feature a new group of characters, though “we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in,” NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke said. The characters and storylines from Heroes Reborn will be introduced in a digital series prior to the launch of the TV miniseries.

Heroes epitomizes the pitfalls of heavily serialized drama series. It launched in 2006 with a very strong first-season arc, becoming an instant pop culture phenomenon that coined the famous tagline “Save the Cheerleader Save the World.” But it then struggled to maintain the momentum and reinvent itself, ending its run after four seasons. Nevertheless, Heroes quickly earned a cult status, with fans still passionate about it and rallying to bring it back. Universal TV, which produced Heroes, had been exploring ways of doing another Heroes chapter elsewhere, with Microsoft’s Xbox at one point entering discussions with Kring and the studio for a new season that didn’t come to fruition. Maybe encouraged by the great reaction fans of 24 have had to the reboot of that cult series as an event mini, NBC opted to step in and take in the project as a miniseries. “The enormous impact Heroes had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” Salke said. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. The network made the Heroes Reborn announcement during its Olympics coverage tonight with the following promo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXUjpHHfTLY[/youtube]

VN Store

Back