Religion is overrated.....

I'm saying there is more hate than what you are implying with the "Ain't no hate like Christian hate."

How about, ain't no hate like organized religion hate. Does that make you feel better? It doesn't have the same ring, but I don't want to leave out anyone.

Not mad at all. I choose to believe in the bible and a God that has prepaired a place for those that love him.

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Mathew 6:6

So... about that prayer at the dinner table, in school, or in church service.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Mathew 6:6

So... about that prayer at the dinner table, in school, or in church service.

I wish people would stop googling key words and then taking verses out of context. This is talking about praying just to be seen and show people that you are holier than them ... which is wrong. It is not stating public prayer is wrong. If you are praying at dinner out of respect, that is fine. If you are praying at dinner to show how much a christian you are, that's not.

I wish people would stop googling key words and then taking verses out of context. This is talking about praying just to be seen and show people that you are holier than them ... which is wrong. It is not stating public prayer is wrong. If you are praying at dinner out of respect, that is fine. If you are praying at dinner to show how much a christian you are, that's not.

+1

I remember hearing a verse that said to pray in public. You can't just read a verse, you have to read the entire bible to understand why some things are said. And no I haven't, but my youth leader has and said that there are many verses in the bible that don't make sense until you read the entire bible.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

the human imagination?

tMpwj.gif

Invisible and non existent look very much alike. Richard Dawkins got it right.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

Psalms 53:1

I see your warning of damnation and raise you....
Exodus 35:2

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

Also, instead of addressing anything posted here you chose to just tell us that we will be punished for not believing the same things you do. Why?

VN Store

Back