Refs took away our chance to win.

“@patrickbrownTFP: Jeronne Maymon said he didn't use profanity on his T, rather the official viewed his reaction as 'hostile.' JM apologized to his teammates.”

Its on Maymon with that call. A senior in that game and that situation should keep his cool. He let the whole team down.

As a whole, it was a well played game. PG play hurt us bad.

14 points in the second half. That is not the refs fault.

No? If they would have called a reach in or two maybe we could have gotten to the rim like we did in the first half. Hard to play in the paint when everyone can just wildly swing at the ball. Or get rebounds when you go up, and get undercut. I hate Teddy V so much. I am sure he has cost us a bunch of games. If he is a ref in the final four something is very wrong with the NCAA.

On the whole they did a pretty good job. The only REALLY bad call was the T on Maymon. That was a game changer. I don't know what he said but given that he was walking away and emotions were really high you got to swallow the whistle and play on.

My feelings exactly. If Maymon didn't use profanity ... now I'm hearing he said "Whatever." Still, you don't make a call like that in an important game. It changed the momentum Vols were starting to build.

Just because the foul calls were even doesn't mean anything. (The second have wasn't). It's also about the fouls that weren't called. Florida was beating the crap out of our players and the refs did nothing about it.

Which is exactly what Gator fans were screaming about in the first half.

UT came out and punched us in the mouth and made the statement they would be playing a physical brand of basketball today.

At the half Billy made adjustments, and UF decided what's good for the goose is good for the gander; and started playing the same brand of ball that UT had gotten away with for an entire half.

Result? 16 fouls on UF and 18 fouls on UT, and 3 of those UT fouls were in the last 1:20 when UT was fouling on purpose to try and extend the game.

In the game thread I couldn't believe Vols were complaining about the refs; they were getting away with everything. Look at any of the game threads on a UF site, and it looks exactly like the one over here, but with the Gator fans getting indignant about the poor officiating,

For sure. I think Valentine hated Pearl. He teed him up a lot. Valentine almost got into a shoving match a few weeks back with the Cincinnati coach.

Yeah I saw that one. He used to be a very successful high school coach but uses the NCAA as his stage.

No? If they would have called a reach in or two maybe we could have gotten to the rim like we did in the first half. Hard to play in the paint when everyone can just wildly swing at the ball. Or get rebounds when you go up, and get undercut. I hate Teddy V so much. I am sure he has cost us a bunch of games. If he is a ref in the final four something is very wrong with the NCAA.

This is a bit of a reach…

My feelings exactly. If Maymon didn't use profanity ... now I'm hearing he said "Whatever." Still, you don't make a call like that in an important game. It changed the momentum Vols were starting to build.

I was kidding when I said he said "whatever" I have no idea what he said.

Which is exactly what Gator fans were screaming about in the first half.

UT came out and punched us in the mouth and made the statement they would be playing a physical brand of basketball today.

At the half Billy made adjustments, and UF decided what's good for the goose is good for the gander; and started playing the same brand of ball that UT had gotten away with for an entire half.

Result? 16 fouls on UF and 18 fouls on UT, and 3 of those UT fouls were in the last 1:20 when UT was fouling on purpose to try and extend the game.

In the game thread I couldn't believe Vols were complaining about the refs; they were getting away with everything. Look at any of the game threads on a UF site, and it looks exactly like the one over here, but with the Gator fans getting indignant about the poor officiating,

Go back and watch the game. They called literally nothing on Florida. If Florida fouled 50 times in the second half and they didn't get called then the game was called poorly. They had an obvious agenda as they do with KY.

Reactions: 2 people
We played 40 minutes on D. We played 20 minutes on O. The officials did influence the outcome the way they wanted apparently. Would not have mattered if we played 40 minutes of O. Would have won the game regardless of the officiating. Maymon's technical should not have happened. Zo should have been teed up on his behalf when he was undercut with no foul called before this situation happened. Maymon was then fouled again by Young, clearly, and was called for the foul himself and then the T.

The problem is and continues to be Zo's game management, or lack thereof. He did not adjust the O at halftime, knowing UF would make D adjustments. UF made their adjustments. Zo then let the officials and lack of adjustments determine the game. Reese made some good plays and boards in the first half including a 3, then sits the second half. Same old same old.

Reactions: 2 people
On the whole they did a pretty good job. The only REALLY bad call was the T on Maymon. That was a game changer. I don't know what he said but given that he was walking away and emotions were really high you got to swallow the whistle and play on.

The gay-tors were allowed to play basket brawl . There's a difference in playing hard and playing dirty. ::yes:

Ref put the mega stinkeye on Maymon and then almost choked on his whistle calling that T. Bad call and a bad decision to become a factor in the outcome instead of officiating the game.

The people saying that the refs were not bad obviously did not watch the game

Just because the foul count was even does not mean that one team fouled way more than the other team.

Funny thing is that I think one of the last 'fouls' of the game, the apparent 'elbow', was as generous towards the Vols as possible. That one may make it on a 2014 flop compilation.

The Maymon t and the stagnant O in the second half are why we lost. Refs tend to be more favorative to teams with the most credibility. And UT is reworking to regain that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back