Refs sure loved putting time back on the clock..

When did they change the rule that when a team is awarded the ball out of bounds (not after a basket) that player can move both feet? I thought it use to be an infraction if you moved both feet while inbounding.

Fairly recently. There’s now an imaginary circle that they need to be in when inbounding from a spot but they can shuffle their feet. The old rule was same as holding the ball while in play and not dribbling - a pivot foot had to be planted. I don’t know why they change rules like that. It seems totally unnecessary.

Around halfway through the 2nd half DK got fouled and went to the line and they charged the foul to Tennessee. Went from 5 to 6 and Texas stayed at 2. Nobody noticed but they slipped one in.
me and wife noticed it also. In the lady vols game, they did the same thing. First few minutes they were crediting the wrong score to the wrong team, finally fixed it, then did the same with the next foul.

Texas guy hits a basket they call time out.. replay shows the ball go in with 3.9 on the clock.. ref puts it back to 4.2
UT gets fouled on the inbound play .. clock stops at 3.. ref puts it back to 3.8 .. minor stuff.. but are they untrained, on the take or texas homers?
What do you expect from those refs. They went and looked at the Texas guy throwing Gainey down, that was NOT a basketball move. He should of been tossed from the game.

Also, going back several minutes to review goaltending is garbage. What if the team that had the shot blocked/goaltended recovered the ball at the time? They’ve not only lost the two points, but also possession of the ball that they earned.
Agree 100%. If the play is in question, stop play after the rebound is controlled and review the play. Going back after 4-5 minutes to review a play is ludicrous.

Right before the half Texas threw the ball away on the inbounds. Tennessee only got a 20 second shot clock. The only thing I could think of was maybe that did count as a change of possession.

VN Store

Back