Refs sure loved putting time back on the clock..

Frank Duncan

Texas guy hits a basket they call time out.. replay shows the ball go in with 3.9 on the clock.. ref puts it back to 4.2
UT gets fouled on the inbound play .. clock stops at 3.. ref puts it back to 3.8 .. minor stuff.. but are they untrained, on the take or texas homers?

Texas guy hits a basket they call time out.. replay shows the ball go in with 3.9 on the clock.. ref puts it back to 4.2
UT gets fouled on the inbound play .. clock stops at 3.. ref puts it back to 3.8 .. minor stuff.. but are they untrained, on the take or texas homers?
Homers. IIRC, we did the same thing very similar years ago to Either Norte Dame or Purdue women basketball team. Pat was till around, but we had her replacement coaching at the time.

Reactions: savannahfan
I couldn’t disagree more with officiating the game differently in the last 2:00 of the game. If you review who last touched the ball at the very end, it should be reviewed throughout. If you add 3/10 of a second after every stoppage at the end, it should be added throughout. Also, going back several minutes to review goaltending is garbage. What if the team that had the shot blocked/goaltended recovered the ball at the time? They’ve not only lost the two points, but also possession of the ball that they earned.

I was just amazed that none of the refs choked to death given the number of times they swallowed their whistles.
It's the new way of basketball, when I played ball you would've fouled out within the first 5 minutes of todays way. Basketball now is street ball and the refs call a foul when they feel like it. Like it or not.

It's the new way of basketball, when I played ball you would've fouled out within the first 5 minutes of todays way. Basketball now is street ball and the refs call a foul when they feel like it. Like it or not.

Yet another example of TV being too involved and ruining something great. The NCAA is at fault because rating would fall and their revenue would as well if games were played by the rules and there are lots of free throws. Coaches know this and now will foul relentlessly as a defensive strategy because as Bruce Pearl put it “they can’t call every foul”.

Different tack, but did it seem to others that ut brown, especially Hunter, was traveling on those late half drives?

Around halfway through the 2nd half DK got fouled and went to the line and they charged the foul to Tennessee. Went from 5 to 6 and Texas stayed at 2. Nobody noticed but they slipped one in.

Sometimes it seemed that they moved the clock back to when the ball crossed the out-of-bounds line, instead of when it hit out of bounds. I don't get that.

About the worst I've seen this year is still the block by Samford that was called a foul.

Reactions: orangemadam
If anyone has not noticed,anybody who plays Tennessee gets three steps afterpicking up there dribble and the are nohacking fouls or grabbing fouls called.Just thought I'd throw that out for the few who think that bb truebloods or rich states don't get Clark Kellog calls.

3-seconds in the lane, double dribbles, and traveling are no longer violations. Apparently fouls are now determined by the mood of the referees at that moment.

It’s turned into a farce and gets more frustrating to watch every year. But the NCAA is making their billions to distribute among administrators and coaches - so it’s all good.

Players also use the "Euro step" when driving and get sway with it! Sad state of the college game!

3-seconds in the lane, double dribbles, and traveling are no longer violations. Apparently fouls are now determined by the mood of the referees at that moment.

It’s turned into a farce and gets more frustrating to watch every year. But the NCAA is making their billions to distribute among administrators and coaches - so it’s all good.
Referees just aren't objective for the most part. Every call seems to be arbitrary, a wild guess or downright fixed. :cool:

Reactions: savannahfan
I'm sure the refs got together on this and decided "how can we hose Tenn this game"

Let's screw UT and Samford both.

No. There are many that are simply incompetent and others that are biased and are not being held accountable. They are part time free lancers and when they bide as the NCAA prefers they’ll be assigned more and better games.

I’m not a fan of the NBA, but based on what I have watched there is a huge gap between NCAA and NBA refs. The NBA hires away the good ones while the NCAA invests very little of the billions generated by college sports to raise the level of game officials. Actually the NCAA pretty much leaves it up to the conferences to manage the **** show.

When did they change the rule that when a team is awarded the ball out of bounds (not after a basket) that player can move both feet? I thought it use to be an infraction if you moved both feet while inbounding.

VN Store

Back